Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mr.Secret

Turner price increase

Just got word that the cost of owning one of theee finest F.S. bikes on the planet is going to go up effective May 1st. It's anywhere from $100.00 to $150.00 across the board. So if you're on the fence trying to decide if you want one get with it.
    ...think we'll ever get outta' this world alive ?...

Captain Underpants
    Not surprising I guess, given the weak dollar. Betting we'll see price increases on pretty much anything made OOC (out of country) and in. Sigh.

Buy while the buying is good.

Mr.Secret
    I think this is just the tip of the iceberg on anything and everything.I'm afraid we ain't seen nothing yet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Not complaining about an increase (actually feel it's due), but the weak dollar should mean little to nothing to Turner. All products (labor, aluminum, steel, etc.) should be coming from within the US. I think this is just pure inflation.....should be much much more to come!

No, that's not phonetic
    Shipping costs from Taiwan are going up.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Mr.Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Shipping costs from Taiwan are going up.
    Shipping costs to Ak. are going WAAYYY UP!!

Never enough time to ride
    I've seen all my costs go up on just about everything. Suspension especially! I suppose that's the way she flows though. It just sucks really bad.

happy trails...

Josh
    Get out and ride!

Anytime. Anywhere.
    I just picked up a Highline for $1599 US and the exchange into Canadian $ cost me only $15. LBS was able to sell me a Totem at the US price, something previously unheard of. When I bought my 5 Spot in 03 it cost me $2600 Canadian. Weak US $ means deals and cheap vacations for us Canadians.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Hate to see the increase, but completely understand it. Typical of our current economical market.

For example, on Tuesday I had to ship a road bike through UPS, understand I shipped threw the UPS hub, which allows for a direct, non-inflated price (as opposed to a retail UPS store).
    One month ago, shipping would cost between 25-40 bucks dependent upon location in the lower 48. I chunked out 79 bucks, going 3 states over.

Upon questioning the UPS clerk, I was informed this was "cheap" compared to what is coming in the future. Apparently, from the increased fuel cost, shipping price to the domestic public are going SKY HIGH.

Being a college student, I watch my finances on a good day. With the influx of inflation lately and as it seems a progressive trend, my lifestyle is going to change this summer.
    One good thing- the CX bike will see lots of pedal time.

Rolling
    Spend that stimulus check NOW...before you get it since nobody is getting it before May 1

Put it on a 20% interest credit card--help out the failing banks.

They say we might be heading for an inflationary period, Might?....huh?.... I have never seen prices go up so fast than they have in the last year.

My favorite quote for GW two months ago when someone asked him about $4/gallon gas by summer and his reply was "This is the first I heard of that."

Either he is a liar or he is stupid.

No wait, it's both.

Sorry about the political rant, it's not all his fault.

But yes, I can see why Turners are going to get more expensive. Now I hear there is going to be a global food shortage.....WTF...but plenty of ethanol....jeeze.

I must be getting old cuz old people seem to believe the world is coming to an end.

Captain Underpants
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter
    Not complaining about an increase (actually feel it's due), but the weak dollar should mean little to nothing to Turner. All products (labor, aluminum, steel, etc.) should be coming from within the US. I think this is just pure inflation.....should be much much more to come!
    Any process that consumes or relies on Petro (pretty much anything) will see an increase in cost.

The weak dollar just exacerbates the effect.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but does not most of the Alu tubing sold in the States actually come from Japan and China?

I'm not complaining either, but realize it is the result of mismanagement by our elected "leaders".

/rant off
    Last edited by Random Drivel; 04-25-2008 at 06:34 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
    Weak US $ means deals and cheap vacations for us Canadians.
    Ok, I'm from Edmonton (It's in Canada) so I'll translate what Bickle is really saying here. Canada is planning an invasion when it snows up there. And thats a lot. We had better start making stronger Beer, and learning how to properly make Fries and Gravy.

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Spend that stimulus check NOW...before you get it since nobody is getting it before May 1

Put it on a 20% interest credit card--help out the failing banks.

They say we might be heading for an inflationary period, Might?....huh?.... I have never seen prices go up so fast than they have in the last year.

My favorite quote for GW two months ago when someone asked him about $4/gallon gas by summer and his reply was "This is the first I heard of that."

Either he is a liar or he is stupid.

No wait, it's both.

Sorry about the political rant, it's not all his fault.

But yes, I can see why Turners are going to get more expensive. Now I hear there is going to be a global food shortage.....WTF...but plenty of ethanol....jeeze.

I must be getting old cuz old people seem to believe the world is coming to an end.
    Now how in the F#ck would it at all be GW's fault? Food prices are going up because of stupid douche bag liberals, and their bull$hit envirmentalist garbage!!! All this ethanol BS is just another SCREWUP by these idiots!!! And once again it's us they pays for their "good intentions". The level of ignorance displayed by these self proclaimed intellectual, "enlightened", "progressive" MORONS astounds me constantly.
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

... I guess you won't be
    I just made 5 gallons of a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale repilica, so all your dollar pantywaisting will just have to knock up against my keg!

Cheers!

Yes, we do indeed rock...http://www.myspace.com/spokedrunkies

Silence and Thunder...
    ...good thing Turner's last (almost?) forever. The one's I've got will just have to do.....

Cheers!!
    ...every day sends future to past...

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Now how in the F#ck would it at all be GW's fault? Food prices are going up because of stupid douche bag liberals, and their bull$hit envirmentalist garbage!!! All this ethanol BS is just another SCREWUP by these idiots!!! And once again it's us they pays for their "good intentions". The level of ignorance displayed by these self proclaimed intellectual, "enlightened", "progressive" MORONS astounds me constantly.
    Now I'm really laughing...

you are so right.
    Last edited by lidarman; 04-24-2008 at 11:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Not all his fault but a bogus trillion dollar war doesn't help.

gnuH
    It's not all bad. The NZ dollar is near an all-time high with the US. Importing bling has never been cheaper! (although those shipping costs are a worry)

Large member
    We're starting to see some real issues over here in the UK. Diesel/Petrol is now at around $12 a gallon (I filled the car up yesterday and it cost 115GBP = $230US ), prices of food are up around 20% on a year ago. The trend is predicted to continue and if you factor in the credit crunch (i.e. people don't have any money as they are over-committed in debt) we'll be in big trouble.

What I can't reconcile in my head is that over 70% of the cost of a gallon of fuel is tax and that each of our oil companies posted record profits in the last quarter (well into the billions in net profit). I agree that the green position is a side issue to fleecing the population but I don't believe for a second that any of the parties would do anything radically different. They don't seem to care that the price of fuel impacts everything.

Sadly, I honestly think that civil disobedience is just around the corner and to be truthful I think we need it. It is time to let our politicians/big companies know that they work for us. I never thought I'd be supportive of that view being something of a capitalist, but enough is enough.

FWIW, I do think DT's product and service justifies his price.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidybeard
    We're starting to see some real issues over here in the UK. Diesel/Petrol is now at around $12 a gallon (I filled the car up yesterday and it cost 115GBP = $230US ), prices of food are up around 20% on a year ago. The trend is predicted to continue and if you factor in the credit crunch (i.e. people don't have any money as they are over-committed in debt) we'll be in big trouble.

What I can't reconcile in my head is that over 70% of the cost of a gallon of fuel is tax and that each of our oil companies posted record profits in the last quarter (well into the billions in net profit). I agree that the green position is a side issue to fleecing the population but I don't believe for a second that any of the parties would do anything radically different. They don't seem to care that the price of fuel impacts everything.

Sadly, I honestly think that civil disobedience is just around the corner and to be truthful I think we need it. It is time to let our politicians/big companies know that they work for us. I never thought I'd be supportive of that view being something of a capitalist, but enough is enough.

FWIW, I do think DT's product and service justifies his price.
    What on earth are you driving TB that has a 100L petrol/diesel tank??

Still, gotta laugh when those in the US complain about their fuel prices, when in reality they have some of the cheapest prices in the western world.

Large member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyquist
    What on earth are you driving TB that has a 100L petrol/diesel tank??

Still, gotta laugh when those in the US complain about their fuel prices, when in reality they have some of the cheapest prices in the western world.
    A Hummer with 26's of course. I gotta represent, ya know?

Not really, this was the wife's Landcruiser. 90 litres of diesel at 1.27 per litre We have an appointment with the dealer at the weekend to look at swapping it for a Prius (seriously - I'm sick of how much cars cost to run here and the Pious is only 15 a year to tax plus it allegedly does 65 miles to the gallon). The Landcruiser is an awesome car, but they are just being priced off the road here.

On the positive side I just had my fully expensed (thank god) E320CDI delivered, plus for the time being I still have the A4 Cabriolet (which I will be selling as we don't really need it). The Mrs suggested we sell the Landcruiser and she should have the A4 but to be honest if I'm not driving it then no-one is! (Plus, it's not very practical for the kids...)

It looks like the sh1t has started to hit the fan...http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7367003.stm

Captain Underpants
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Now that, my e-friends, is a proper rant.

mtbr member
    When you compare the price of Turners to Ells, Ventana, Knolly, Intense and even Specialized, Yeti, Titus etc. I think they are very competitive even with the increase.

PS TB clinical finish by Riise Tuesday!

Large member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks
    PS TB clinical finish by Riise Tuesday!
    How can someone so one footed be a pro? All he had to do was clear it with his right foot but no......that's his standing leg.

I still think we'll get through, but it's going to be a tough game.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidybeard
    Diesel/Petrol is now at around $12 a gallon (I filled the car up yesterday and it cost 115GBP = $230US ),
    Cost of living here compared to that in the UK is what led me to emigrate to the US 15 years ago.

I don't blink at the cost of gas, cause once you've experienced European cost of goods, the US will always be ridiculously cheap.
    Forward progress by Brute Force and Bloody Ignorance.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast