mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Turner grease and grease gun

So for a majority of you, this may not be of help as you have already bought a grease gun and some grease. But for those who are in need, we now have it available. $25 for a 6.4 oz tube of Manitou Prep M and a Dualco grease gun with the 4.5" needle nozzle which we have custom bent to allow for greasing of all pivots without removal of the rear wheel or shock. Sorry we took so long!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lay off the Levers

Great, now the question you knew was coming...

Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    So for a majority of you, this may not be of help as you have already bought a grease ... we now have ...needle nozzle which we have custom bent to allow for greasing of all pivots without removal of the rear wheel or shock.
    Thanks for the solution! any chance you'll be selling the custom needle seperately? I still have a full tube of Prep M and my G-gun is more or less new.

Y'guys are always thinking aren't you? That's Great!
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Question about grease while we're at it.

I use Phil Wood grease on my DHR (needle bearings). Would Phil wood also work on my 5-spot (busings) or would a synthetic grease like tri-flow work better?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Thanks for the solution! any chance you'll be selling the custom needle seperately? I still have a full tube of Prep M and my G-gun is more or less new.

Y'guys are always thinking aren't you? That's Great!
    The guns and needles are matched sets, so I am hesitant to seperate them. Your local shop should have access to the needle nozzle through Quality Bicycle Products. The QBP part number is LU6106. We just add the bend with the aid of the vice. Don't get too crazy as i am sure too much pressure will cause it to snap.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian
    Question about grease while we're at it.

I use Phil Wood grease on my DHR (needle bearings). Would Phil wood also work on my 5-spot (busings) or would a synthetic grease like tri-flow work better?

Thanks.
    We have always used Prep M. It is nice and thin and flows through the pivot easily. I am sure others will work but we have not done much experimentation.

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    The guns and needles are matched sets, so I am hesitant to seperate them. Your local shop should have access to the needle nozzle through Quality Bicycle Products. The QBP part number is LU6106. We just add the bend with the aid of the vice. Don't get too crazy as i am sure too much pressure will cause it to snap.
    BTi also has the long 4and1/2" tips...I got one there for my Dualgo Canister Gun. The part # for BTi is DL-1547

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian
    BTi also has the long 4and1/2" tips...I got one there for my Dualgo Canister Gun. The part # for BTi is DL-1547
    Thanks Turner and Acad'
    What's BTi?
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Thanks Turner and Acad'
    What's BTi?
    Bicycle Technologies International
    www.bti-usa.com

it's a distributor like QBP

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    And they said procrastinating wouldn't get me anything!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep meaning to get the grease gun and now Turner has gone and made one, sweet.
    Riding slowly since 1977.

bike moron
    So for a majority of you, this may not be of help as you have already bought a grease gun and some grease. But for those who are in need, we now have it available. $25 for a 6.4 oz tube of Manitou Prep M and a Dualco grease gun with the 4.5" needle nozzle which we have custom bent to allow for greasing of all pivots without removal of the rear wheel or shock. Sorry we took so long!

Just in time for me! So...do we get these through dealers...directly from Turner???? Instructions please...especially for those of us that don't have a local dealer.

t66
    mtbr member

New question here. ??? for Turner

We have always used Prep M. It is nice and thin and flows through the pivot easily. I am sure others will work but we have not done much experimentation.
    Alway Prep M? When I got my XCE in 97, you guys recomended BULLSHOT. I still use it on my RFX. Seems to work pretty good.

Do you think it's worth the switch to Prep M? If so do would you recomend I take the pivots apart and clean out the BS?

Flyin Canine
    Awesome! Thanks for going the extra mile that most other companies don't.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Instructions Please

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but how does the tube attach to the gun? I have the Prep M applicator gun 85-3812 & the Prep M tube that says it works with this gun. It looks like the tube should just screw on the gun but the nozzle does not seem to fit the gun. Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes View Post

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Re: Turner grease and grease gun

A 10 year thread bump. Impressive.

~~~~~~~~
    Cut the tip?

Turner grease and grease gun-20150109_191401.jpg

used to be RipRoar
    yes, you just need to get the grease into the gun. I never liked that tube setup. I put the Turner Tip on a gun like this, mucho better....

I just reload from a canister, cheaper to buy as well...

Search on Dulco Grease Gun

Turner grease and grease gun-tf-lu6107-1.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks. Wondering about this.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thanks. I did try cutting the tip but the threads do not fit the gun. Not sure why both the gun & the tube say they work together but they sure don't. I decided to return the gun & get something else.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thanks RipRoar. I did decide to return the Prep M Gun & try to get one of the canister guns. It says right on the tube it is for use with the model gun I bought but there is no way to thread it.

used to be RipRoar
    If you have the shorty tip it will be impossible to access all the zerks at least in a DW setup...The Turner tip makes all the difference, you may be able to source it where you found the grease gun or get a longer tip and put a slight bend in it....

Turner grease and grease gun-parts_grease-n-gun_01.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thanks. The bike has Manitou SX forks & they have microlube ports. The manual says to use Prep M & applicator gun to fill so that's all I need it for.

Quote Originally Posted by RipRoar View Post
    If you have the shorty tip it will be impossible to access all the zerks at least in a DW setup...The Turner tip makes all the difference, you may be able to source it where you found the grease gun or get a longer tip and put a slight bend in it....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parts_grease-n-gun_01.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	955105

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I have a great grease option (just the tip) but will wait another 10 years to resurrect this thread...