Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Turner frame is letting down

I have been riding it a ton in the last five years. I have ridden it in rain, mud, sun, slickrock, rock, and road. It has had three forks, three cranks, five cassettes, and a dozen chains. And what does it give me? Five lousy years of services before my pivots are starting to show some slop in them. Sheesh! I thought Turners were supposed to last forever....

Jaybo

trail fairy
    Slow day huh
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Expert Crasher
    what is this world coming too
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

Bodhisattva
    chur
    Life....the original terminal illness

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Good job! This whole board has become a snooze

How much can you say about a bike company? Not much except to watch the homers try and be witty

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    How much can you say about a bike company? Not much except to watch the homers try and be witty
    chur
    Life....the original terminal illness

TLL
    mtbr member
    Can someone tell me what fork to run on my Spot? Oh, and what all-mountain shock pump should I be using?

All a matter of perspective. Go hang out on the 29er board for a while and get back to us.
    Hadley rear hub service here and here.

gravity curmudgeon
    I have been riding it a ton in the last five years. I have ridden it in rain, mud, sun, slickrock, rock, and road. It has had three forks, three cranks, five cassettes, and a dozen chains. And what does it give me? Five lousy years of services before my pivots are starting to show some slop in them. Sheesh! I thought Turners were supposed to last forever....

Jaybo
    Hopefully Turner lives up to the CS hype and shows up at your doorstep on Monday ready to make things right. Maybe they could bring some home grown tomatoes too -- darn hard to get a good tomato these days.

ruhc

Silence and Thunder...
    ...what I don't get is why no one around here can spell 'church' correctly...???

...the only reason TA incessantly writes "chur" is because of the damage from all those drugs he's on...and way too much isolation...
    Isn't that the sound someone makes just before they vomit..??

btw - saw my first rattler of the season yesterday, a green Mojave. Missed riding over his head by about 3 inches... He just turned around and went back into the bushes...

churn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ...every day sends future to past...

trail fairy
    PMS

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop

btw - saw my first rattler of the season yesterday, a green Mojave. Missed riding over his head by about 3 inches... He just turned around and went back into the bushes...

churn
    Ooohhhhh...Mojaves. Nasty and aggressive bastards. I have seen only one Mojave this year, it was early, he was pretty sedated. A few years ago, AZMC was leading the ride and a Mojave was just off to the left on a bit of a hill. This thing came flying down, and literally chased us. Later, he crawled up into a tree, coiled, rattled, and hissed at us as we passed on the way back down.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop

...the only reason TA incessantly writes "chur" is because of the damage from all those drugs he's on...
    Lest they are happy drugs, maybe I should hand some around seems like more than a few here need to take some, seems they would prefer we were like the rest of the boards around here totally boring lifeless and bey otch in all the time!

happy pills happy pills..

Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    Ooohhhhh...Mojaves. Nasty and aggressive bastards. I have seen only one Mojave this year, it was early, he was pretty sedated. A few years ago, AZMC was leading the ride and a Mojave was just off to the left on a bit of a hill. This thing came flying down, and literally chased us. Later, he crawled up into a tree, coiled, rattled, and hissed at us as we passed on the way back down.
    Oh the snakes yes I thought you meant some of the happy chaps around here could be the same uggh scaly slimey things,

PM me for happy pills

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Amphibious Technologies
    Five lousy years of services before my pivots are starting to show some slop in them. Sheesh! I thought Turners were supposed to last forever....
    Jaybo
    Agreed, only five (5) years without service in harsh conditions; what a rip off. Roller bearings would have lasted years.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech