mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Turner did it again!

My trusty silver sparkle 5-spot developed a crack in the seat tube just above the seat brace weld. It was not caused by lack of seat post insertion. Anyway that's not the point. I take a few pictures and send an email off to warranty at Turner on Saturday October 15th.

I received a reply first thing Monday morning from Greg at Turner. He literally asks what size(I missed that detail) so we can send out a new main frame. He also offered to swap out rear triangle, but I declined. My new silver sparkle main frame arrived yesterday.

Total time was less than a week and I caused at least 1 day's delay in getting back to him on the frame size.

How's that for customer service! No doubting questions asked, no issue, nada, nothing but awesome customer support. FYI it was a 2003 vintage (1st year of the Spot).

My vintage HL 5-Spot lives on ,Yeehaww!

Toby Wong?
    Was There Any Doubt?

It's Turner.

Knomer
    Dude, if you don't start replying to my emails I'm going to raise the stalker level to DEFCON 5. What's been up? How's the great white north?

Good news about the frame, I went through the same problem and consequent good CS with my vp-free. Except SC let me ride my broken frame while they shipped my new front.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Dude, if you don't start replying to my emails I'm going to raise the stalker level to DEFCON 5. What's been up? How's the great white north?

Good news about the frame, I went through the same problem and consequent good CS with my vp-free. Except SC let me ride my broken frame while they shipped my new front.
    Check your PM. You're probably using my old email addy. You broke the Free? Gnarly..mines been collecting dust unfortunately.

cask conditioned
    DDawg who? Where'd you go, another planet?
    Buy a bell, help the trails....

http://www.corbamtb.com/store/store.shtml

where are we eating?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Same, Same

I had the same experience in early August.

Friday afternoon -- frame crack.

Talk to Greg, new frame arrives Tuesday morning.

Greg's response to my asking if I should send the cracked one back was "What for?".

To an absolute addict, a price cannot be put on that kind of response. Especially in the midst of the prime riding season?