Track Junkie

Turner Burner "Trail" build kit - what's your take on the parts spec?

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on the "Trail" build kit for a new Turner Burner. But, some of the parts don't seem to be 2014 (or even 2013) spec.

For instance, the wheelset (Mavic CrossRide 32H) isn't listed as an option on the Mavic web site (only 24H).

Also, the Fox 32 Float RL fork that comes with the build kit isn't listed on the Fox web site for 2013 or 2014.

What's your take on the build kit, and it's value as a complete Turner Burner bike.

Thanks!
    I get paid to ride shotgun.

mtbr member
    Fox 32 has to be 2014, it was not produced before that. And Mavic just started producing 27.5 wheels this year also.
    If you buy the bike today you get 10% off for cyber monday.
    I have a 2013 Burner and love it.

mtbr member
    Type in cybermonday for the code.

jrm
    mtbr member
    First and foremost the text and image describe two different builds. IMO i'd ask for the image build.
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    There is no photo of the 'trail' kit, yet. We will have all the parts soon and start posting photos of the $3500 complete bike package.

We can buy parts from companies that are OE only, so they may not show up on their web sites.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    how about a Sedona Special edition with the 34mm fork, 1x11, bash plate
    and dropper post.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Glad they are offering this. Nice to have a more affordable Turner option for people who want to purchase a complete bike. I ride with several guys with bikes in this price range.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Going to start building my Burner soon. Ano orange, 2014 Rock Shox Pike 34 fork, Stans Arch wheelset. I want to try 1 x drivetrain, but am doing so via 2x10 conversion. I have a 2013 Ellsworth Evolve 29er and like it, but I think I'm going to LOVE the Burner. Don't really want to keep both, would like the cash and don't need both, wouldn't know which to ride. So I"m thinking of taking the 2x10 XT crank off the Evolve and putting it on the Burner as a 1x10 with a Race Face Narrow Wide ring I have. OR, I could get a deal on Race Face Prodigy crank, used lightly. Thoughts ony that? I have an XTR r der on the way, XT shifters on the way. The only other things I need will be bars, brakes, saddle. I have everything else. Do you think I should take parts off the Evolve and then sell the Evolve piecemeal (frame, fork, wheelset)? OR, buy bars, brakes, saddle, to put on Burner and then sell the Evolve as a whole? Really not sure what to do, I lose sleep over this stuff lol. Hard to sell an expensive bike as a whole in my opinion, it might be easier to sell the Evolve in pieces? Any thoughts/opinions or other suggestions on the build greatly appreciated! Or any interest in buying the Evolve! :-)

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Usually easier to sell parts individually (you target way more people) rather than as a whole bike and you may even make more cash than if you were selling a full build...

mtbr member
    I like this price point too, and might order one if I was closer to a dealer to try one out...

Track Junkie
    FYI - I bought a Burner with the "Trail" build kit.

With XT pedals, the XL weighs 30lbs 4oz.

A more in-depth review to come soon!
    I get paid to ride shotgun.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Completed

Made her a 1x. 26.5 lbs w/o pedals, on a bike scale. Not bad!Turner Burner "Trail" build kit - what's your take on the parts spec?-photo-3-8-.jpgTurner Burner "Trail" build kit - what's your take on the parts spec?-photo-2-11-.jpgTurner Burner "Trail" build kit - what's your take on the parts spec?-photo-1-12-.jpg