Kiwi that Flew

Turner Burner Review in What MTB...4*

...see images below (you may have to log in).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Turner Burner Review in What MTB...4*-screen-shot-2012-12-22-17.30.50.jpg  

Turner Burner Review in What MTB...4*-screen-shot-2012-12-22-17.31.05.jpg  

Turner Burner Review in What MTB...4*-screen-shot-2012-12-22-17.31.15.jpg  

Last edited by deanopatoni; 12-23-2012 at 11:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    What magazine is that?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    WhatMountainBike - its a UK mag.

destination unknown
    May 2008
    I want!

Kiwi that Flew
    Quote Originally Posted by dickie View Post
    WhatMountainBike - its a UK mag.
    aka BikeRader.com

mtbr member
    Admittedly, I am intrigued by 27.5 but I am still trying to wrap my head around it.

Why would someone choose this over the Spot? Is it more trail oriented? More DH oriented? or just another option? over the Spot.

Interesting how DT went back to the long TTs.

destination unknown
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR View Post
    Why would someone choose this over the Spot? Is it more trail oriented? More DH oriented? or just another option? over the Spot.
    E-speculation says the Burner would be a little more stable with the bigger wheels, longer wheelbase and lower COG. Spot will probably climb a little better being slightly taller at the BB and the smaller wheels should accelerate a little better. Although the longer stays on the Burner might offset the climbing. I imagine the Spot would be quicker handling. I was able to get a real world BB measurement on a production Burner with a 150 34 fork and 2.3 tires, came in at 13.5". This is good IMO as I thought 13" even would be on the low side for chunky climbing and descending. DT should have a nice demo fleet with production bikes up and running very soon. I'll likely grab one and hit SJT to Chiquito to test it out. If you want hook up for that ride let me know.

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LncNuvue View Post
    E-speculation says the Burner would be a little more stable with the bigger wheels, longer wheelbase and lower COG. Spot will probably climb a little better being slightly taller at the BB and the smaller wheels should accelerate a little better. Although the longer stays on the Burner might offset the climbing. I imagine the Spot would be quicker handling. I was able to get a real world BB measurement on a production Burner with a 150 34 fork and 2.3 tires, came in at 13.5". This is good IMO as I thought 13" even would be on the low side for chunky climbing and descending. DT should have a nice demo fleet with production bikes up and running very soon. I'll likely grab one and hit SJT to Chiquito to test it out. If you want hook up for that ride let me know.
    I wanna go! Probably have wait until we go to San Diego in July though. Looking forward to that ride report though.

Bobo