mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Turner 6pack , Avy shock witch one ???

Hi, witch one DHS or Chubie , Im 220 lbs gear on DH32 michelin 2.8 rear what I do ??????????
    thanks

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Craig prefers the chubie for the RFX/pack.

Outcast
    guejarsierra, I realize you live in Spain and calling Craig at Avalanche on the phone may not be easy for you, but it would be the best for you to get that answer from him, plus he can answer all of your other questions. Per your other, older thread in the suspension forum, most responders recommended the Chubbie.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

avy

yae ,I go to chubie with independant hi / low adjuster.
    gracias.

Lay off the Levers
    As Renny said, if at all possible, call Craig or if not send a detailed email that describes exactly what you want to accomplish. This will help him custom tune the shock specifically for your needs.

Include your weight, height, frame year/model/size, terrain type, riding type (DH, FR, AM, trail) if you do it all frequently be sure to point that out, or if not indicate what the majority of your riding will be like. Also indicate your riding style. ex: Smooth, basher, technical yatta.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    thanks a lot friends , I think I go to chubie.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    [FONT=Verdana]As Renny said....
    As Renny said....
    As Renny said....
    As Renny said....
    As Renny said....
    As Renny said....
    As Renny said....
    If more people listened to this advice, the world would be a better place.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

customer service

Hi guys, Im from Spain, and English is not my first lenguage ok so I try to best , I can read and write , but its hard asking tech infos at phone with avy , so i,ve sent lot of mail to Craig and like im between dhs and chubie I ask lot maybe too much , and the answer was :"" We cannot continue with this order until you decide on witch shock you want ""
    If that is customer service made in Avy but dont worry I buy a Pushed 2009 dhx5 or CCDB. or whatever...........................
    sorry.

trail fairy
    You need WOOD for this you need CHUBBIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by guejarsierra
    Hi guys, Im from Spain, and English is not my first lenguage ok so I try to best , I can read and write , but its hard asking tech infos at phone with avy , so i,ve sent lot of mail to Craig and like im between dhs and chubie I ask lot maybe too much , and the answer was :"" We cannot continue with this order until you decide on witch shock you want ""
    If that is customer service made in Avy but dont worry I buy a Pushed 2009 dhx5 or CCDB. or whatever...........................
    sorry.
    Sounds like youwill be good to go with any of those choices. However I don't see how you'll overcome the language barrier that you ran into with Avy if you're going to be calling PUSH or CC? Unless they speak Spanish or you have a local distributor of those over there? I can't wait to get my DHS mounted up and for all this snow to melt.

Lay off the Levers
    Sounds like a series of miscomunications btwn you two. Craig is a very helpful guy, but you have to have direct specific questions to get similar answers.

Make a list of the specifics I suggested above. Be simple, explicit and direct for each point. Then send it off to Craig and ask "What do you recommend for this?" He should be able to give you a direct answer.

This is an Example
    Bike: Large '06 Turner RFX
    Rider: 180lbs, 6'3" (or whatever that is in metrics)
    Terrain: Choppy, rocky, loose, some sand Mostly dry.
    Trails: Steep techy downhills, some fast open dh trails, no hucking
    Rider Style: smooth & precise
    Comments: I really want small bump compliance, and high speed chatter performance. Not many big hits or hucks. Mostly shuttle and lift assisted DH. not much trail riding.

Which shock do you reccomend?

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Craig prefers the chubie for the RFX/pack.

Simple fail.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Simple fail.
    I asked craig specifically about this when I ordered my avalanche and he said the chubie was the better fit for the RFX for a bunch of reasons. Trust me, I would have just bought a DHS if that's what he recommended.

So if you got some other info, post it failboy.

mtbr member

New question here. Six Pack vs. Spot

Question: How much of a difference will I notice if I purchase a 05 Six Pack vs. the 05 Spot upgraded with 5.5" rockers that I ride now? I am looking for a frame that is more robust with a slacker HA, ISCG tabs, and in-bike feel. I know the new RFX will most likely fit this bill, but 2010 seems like a long time to wait given the upcoming riding season.

Also, Zilla, you mentioned that you had a Six Pack that you modified to run 7" in the rear, is that right? If it is, how did you accomplish that; what modifications did you make?

Thanks in advance!
    [SIZE="2"]Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you will suck forever.[/SIZE]

Lay off the Levers
    B007,

A Pack and a Spot ride quite differently even with similar travel. The differences are in the geometry. Head and seat tube angles and top tube length as well as seat tube length make for a far more stable ride on the RFX frame. Also the stouter build really gives a feeling of confidence. It's quite noticable.

As for Tscheezy's 7 pack conversion Here's how mine worked out and my initial impressions. I don't have it anymore but it still stands in my heart as my favorite rig.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    I asked craig specifically about this when I ordered my avalanche and he said the chubie was the better fit for the RFX for a bunch of reasons. Trust me, I would have just bought a DHS if that's what he recommended.

So if you got some other info, post it failboy.
    Sarcasm fail.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member

Good job!

Thanks Zilla, much appreciated!
    [SIZE="2"]Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you will suck forever.[/SIZE]