Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Turner 4x Frames? How many do we build??

8K views 53 replies 35 participants last post by  farmergilles 
#1 ·
Hi All

Looking for a tally of people interested in a 07 Turner 4x Frame for the aftermarket. I need a general number to persuade the powers that be to build it.. "If you build it, they will come."

A simple "Hell Ya" will be sufficient. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Jarett

#5 ·
For those of us uninformed types (me), could you give us a description of the 4x frame, it's intended usage, and how it compares to other Turner bikes?

*I've heard of 4x bikes, but don't know what they are, really.
And please don't say that if ya have to explain it, then I wouldn't get it anyways... :p

#7 ·
4x

xj

4x is a type of racing, almost like downhill BMX but with a mountain bike. The Turner 4x frame is a short travel frame with compact geometry. Due to a BMX gate style start, most racers build them to be fairly light weight and nimble. If you've never watched 4x racing it very exciting and spectator friendly. I will attach a pic of our 4x Pro-Frame from previous year. This may not be exactly what is built so don't ask for exacts, just trying to get a word on demand.

Thanks

J

Attachments

#9 ·
Thanks! Well, first off they're orange, which I really like!

Kinda sounds like a Flux w/ a stronger headtube to handle more abuse??

I've been out of the bike racing scene for too many years,,,I'll have to keep my eyes open now that I'm riding again...

#17 ·
davep said:
..and small

..and quite low

I would assume
yeppers dave. these also tend to have a super short chainstay for instant acceleration, much like a 24" bmx racin cruiser. it also allows for a light front end so ya can float (manual) it over yumps and such. if ya can, watch some videos of this stuff. its a total hoot and youll see how they ride the back tire a ton of the time. this is the type of racin i thought id really wanna do but never developed the air skills for. these bikes spend alot of time up there whenever theyre not wearin out the back tire.

#21 ·
Jarrett:

I say mass produce those puppies. You will steal sales from Santa Cruz and other bike co's that make 4x bikes. This goes beyond the homers. Push the brand! ............ Oh, I guess you can probably tell that I want to buy a used one in the future as well - no dough right now.

#23 ·
I have a better idea!

How about just send me half of the money it would cost to build them and then when I visit i can take you guys out back and kick you in the nuts. In the end it will cost and hurt less!!!!

Take that money and build bikes that sell.......................................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.