Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Crazed Country Rebel

Turner = AMAZING Customer Service

My 2.5 year old Flux developed a couple small cracks - one in the BB area, one on the taco.

Called, and talked to Greg. I didnt have to dig up my receipt, give him a serial number or anything. He said to simply box it up - he'd pay for shipping - and my only concern is what color I wanted when they repaint it.

It's so nice to deal with a company that takes care of its customers. When I do finally retire my Flux, I'll definitely be buying another Turner.
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

ventanakaz

agreed

i'll have to agree with you. turner is one of the best and stands behind his bikes, the only time i had a turner was i think back in 2000 an XCE, the turner frame before that had a rear wheel rub on the cable stop and i also ordered to small of a frame so dave exchanged it with the right size, but i sold the frame and went back to another brand...ralph
    i need to ride more. building jumps takes to much time...my other hobby is kicking the crap outta my home built mook jong.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I have had the same experiences, they really take care of you. The frames are outstanding, there is continual refinement, and amazing customer service. What a combination and good reason to consider the smaller builders. Turners will always be in the mix when I am looking for a new frame.

mtbr member
    the guys, especially greg, have taken care of me on multiple occasions with grace and speed. i will always, always have turners in my stable, and continue to support them by buying their bikes.
    "Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Good stuff. My mileage was the same...

Bobo

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    My flux is also in for repair and repaint. Greg really was great to work with. Free repair and repaint on a second had bike I purchased from ebay. Great customer service keeps me coming back. 4th Turner and counting.

MSH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    My 2.5 year old Flux developed a couple small cracks - one in the BB area, one on the taco.

Called, and talked to Greg. I didnt have to dig up my receipt, give him a serial number or anything. He said to simply box it up - he'd pay for shipping - and my only concern is what color I wanted when they repaint it.

It's so nice to deal with a company that takes care of its customers. When I do finally retire my Flux, I'll definitely be buying another Turner.
    Nice! Sounds like things never change at Turner (at least in terms of their legendary CS). Nice to know Greg is still there to. Turner's CS is second to none!
    My Flux crack experience from back in 2007-->
    '06 Flux Creak = '06 Flux Crack

That was the second time they took care of a major issue for me. The other was my very first Turner...'99 XCE

I've been Turner-less for 2+ years now. Can't wait to add that carbon XC Sultan to the stable

GAME ON!
    how long is their official frame warranty?
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    how long is their official frame warranty?
    2 years.

Specialized sucks dong

Crazed Country Rebel
    2 years.
    and apparently someone thinks I'm annoying for making a positive post about Turner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Turner = AMAZING Customer Service-screen-shot-2012-11-21-8.49.00-am.png  

Specialized sucks dong

GAME ON!
    lol. some people are impossible to please
    RIP Adam Yauch

lazy piston
    Mar 2006
    Ok here's my story.

I've had a first-generation dw_link 5.Spot that I bought in 2009 and this summer (i.e. a full year out of warranty) it developed some tiny cracks between the taco and the top and seat tubes, and also something that only might be a crack in the ST/BB junction.

I emailed Turner the photos (not the frame since I'm on the other side of the globe), asking only if they thought it would be safe to continue riding the bike. I didn't expect much, but Greg immediately told me he would send me a replacement front triangle from a similarly cracked frame that had been repaired at Turner. I only had to choose the color.

I also asked to sell me a couple of the updated, tighter-fitting lower pivots for my frame and Greg told me he'd send them to me for free - along with a full rebuild kit! That was already a lot more than I could ever expect.

Fast forward to today, when I've finally got the box from the post office. Know what I've found when I opened it? This:

A complete frame, ready to be built up.

This is why I have three Turners in my stable and why Turners will always be on my short list when I'm thinking about a new frame.

GAME ON!
    f*cking wicked
    RIP Adam Yauch

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Duuuude that's sick! Way to go DT and team!

mtbr member
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Now that's what I call great customer service

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    From my own personal experience, Turner customer service is the best I've come across.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Best customer service in the bike industry. Needed a new chainstay on my Burner after 10k miles finally cracked the it. Called up Turner and they found me one and i received it in a couple of days. The burner was out of warranty and the bike was not in production anymore. Another bike company named K****y, wouldn't even exchange the wrong colored frame they sent me.

Looking forward to the newTurner Burner!

mtbr member
    I've got cracks in my Taco welds, but two emails no reply

It's an 09 that I've had since new.

Ah well. Looks like I'm stuck with it.

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbs_ View Post

Well it is the week of Thanksgiving! Maybe the folks at Turner took the week off..........I'm sure they will get back to you

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I found a crack in the taco/seat tube weld of my 05 sixpack, emailed Greg to find out if a repair was possible/viable as I'm in the UK, got a reply within 24 hours offering a repaired replacement triangle if the one in stock was my size, or the option to send mine back for seat tube replacement, reheat treatment, choise of powdercoat colour, new bush kit, decals, headtube badge & seatpost clamp, all for what I concidered to be a very reasonable $350.
    My frame is now back with them having its seat tube replaced & I'm looking forward to a few more years service from it.
    Fantastic service in my opinion, there can't be many manufactures who will repair a 7 year old frame for you.

GAME ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbs_ View Post

my emails to them have taken a few days to get answered. no worries.
    RIP Adam Yauch

banned
    Nov 2012
    and apparently someone thinks I'm annoying for making a positive post about Turner.
    Well, they do have a point...

Happy T-Day, chuckypoo!

banned
    Nov 2012
    BTW...

Greg took care of me real good this summer. Cut me a deal on some hangers. I gotta give 'em a call Monday for a main pivot bush replacement for the Highline. She's got a little play, but what do you expect when she gets treated like a $2 ho @ Christmas?

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by b_mann View Post
    BTW...
    but what do you expect when she gets treated like my mom?
    Sloppy seconds?

Specialized sucks dong

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast