Thread: Tuner stoke?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Tuner stoke?

This forum has really died. 5 spot is just not exciting. Now no one cares about the rfx.. So yesterday. This is really just a x-country forum for dudes over 50.

Yes, that's fonetic
    What a dick thing to say. Probably more like everyone (including myself) is too busy out riding our dw spots to waste time telling stories here in order to try and sway insufferable whiners such as yourself. Do you really have nothing better to do than troll the Turner forum???

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Considering the price range of turner bikes/frames the activity is not bad. And I wouldn't say the Spot is boring - but one can argue that Turner is a little behind when it comes to current geometry-trends, in my opinion the Spot would profit from:

- little bit longer toptube (at least for the the sizes L and smaller)
    - shorter seattube
    - shorter headtube
    - maybe a little slacker headangle (but that can be fine-tuned by customers using an angle headset)

I own a XL Spot - can't say much about the smaller frames, but thats my impression.
    Last edited by Child; 02-10-2013 at 02:58 PM.

nocturnal oblivion
    Turner stoke hasn't changed. MTBR stoke has died.
    MTBR used to be an intelligent source for info. Now it's just advertisements, misinformation, "what music do you like"/Facebook alternative.

Turner stoke is alive and well. It's just that most who ride and don't care for just talking about new trends or the latest upgraditis have left MTBR.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblemumble View Post
    ...Now it's just advertisements, misinformation... .
    ...and trolls.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Child View Post
    Considering the price range of turner bikes/frames the activity is not bad. And I wouldn't say the Spot is boring - but one can argue that Turner is a little behind when it comes to current geometry-trends, in my opinion the Spot would profit from:

- shorter seattube
    - shorter headtube
    - maybe a little slacker headangle (but that can be fine-tunes by using an angle headset)

I own a XL Spot - can't say much about the smaller frames, but thats my impression.
    From my perspective, I definitely agree with this, but as they sit now, it's a workable middle ground. The main change in with how people are setting up their bikes is that we're no longer riding 100mm stems imo, 50mm feels great. The result however is that the bikes requires a longer top tube for the ideal fit. The current spots appear to be built to be ridden with longer stems (at a given size), and thus the appearance that top tubes are too short, etc.

Personally, I would love the medium with the tt length/reach of the large, but I don't need the extra height of head tube nor the extension of the seat tube.

mtbr member
    100% True. The number of posts about stupid, non bike stuff is gotten almost out of hand. And to that, the reputation game, and MTBR is staring to take a nose dive.

And to the OP, if you think that the Turner 5 spot is not an exciting bike, you must not have ridden one. The 5-Spot is about as fun a bike as you can get. Honestly, statements like that are just plain stupid.

Edit: just to make clear, my "100% true" is in response to stumblemumble's post, not the OP. I must have hit the wrong button when I replied.
    Last edited by Vespasianus; 02-11-2013 at 04:46 AM.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member

- shorter seattube
    - shorter headtube
    - maybe a little slacker headangle (but that can be fine-tunes by using an angle headset)

It's interesting to note that the Burner v3 geometry looks to have been updated in exactly the manner you have mentioned here. For a given size the reach is longer, head tube shorter and head angle a bit slacker. Would love to try a 5-spot that followed suit.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblemumble View Post
    Turner stoke hasn't changed. MTBR stoke has died.
    MTBR used to be an intelligent source for info. Now it's just advertisements, misinformation, "what music do you like"/Facebook alternative.

Turner stoke is alive and well. It's just that most who ride and don't care for just talking about new trends or the latest upgraditis have left MTBR.
    ^^^^ this

mtbr member

- shorter seattube
    - shorter headtube
    - maybe a little slacker headangle (but that can be fine-tuned by customers using an angle headset)

11 posts....not bad for Guppy Nuts...