Thread: Tucson Peeps?

mtbr member

Tucson Peeps?

Aloha,

I am going to be headed out to Tucson for a few days of work. I was hoping to get a ride in on Monday, 11 March. I was going to bring my riding gear and was hoping to get a test ride on a Turner Burner. I am currently riding a small Turner Spot.

So my questions are:
    1) Anywhere I can rent/borrow (I wouldn't steal) one?
    2) Anyone (I've already posted up in the AZ section) up for riding? Out here I ride lots of jungle technical rocky, rooted trails. I'm not afraid of climbing a bit to earn the downhill.

Thanks ahead of time.

Aloha,
    g

~~~~~~~~
    gmats, we've got a small Burner in our garage here on Maui that you are welcome to ride. We could probably figure out a way to get it over to the BI too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    No Turners. Really only place to rent is Fairwheel on 6th. They do Specialized . . . No jungle out here but plenty of rocks. Plants hurt a bit more too.

mtbr member
    Thanks Phat, really appreciate it. I did finally get a reply from Turner. I guess maybe I might be testing out a Specialized hoping to get a ride in on some trail out there.

Yes, I am aware of the pointy kind of stuff out there. I've had the pleasure of riding around a lot of places on the west and southwest. We even (here in Hawaii) have these REALLY BIG thorns, the Texans call them Mesquite, we call them "Keawe"

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    No prob. And Cholla is much much worse would be happy to show you around if I am in town. Pm me if you like when you get here. If not, go to sdmb.org . . . . Recommend Golder, Robles, Sweetwater, and Brown mtn . . . And Milagrosa if you can shuttle it.