Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member

tscheezy......rs35?

hey tscheezy,
    What rumors have you heard about the new RS fork coming out?
    Month? Season?
    Travel? etc....
    I know it is all rumor, but we can always speculate.
    If you don't want to comment ...no worries.

Hope everyone is enjoying the new year!
    thanks,
    tg

No, that's not phonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR
    If you don't want to comment ...no worries.
    I'd actually rather not, and it's not like I know much anyway. I respect RS and what's going on with them enough to let them handle the dissemination of that info through proper channels. Besides, you can probably guess most of it from the prototype pics. Take what's right with the Van 36 and combine it with what's right with the Pike. Yup, the dream 6-Pack fork.

Until they hit production, the specs are a fluid thing anyway.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member

understood!

Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    I'd actually rather not, and it's not like I know much anyway. I respect RS and what's going on with them enough to let them handle the dissemination of that info through proper channels. Besides, you can probably guess most of it from the prototype pics. Take what's right with the Van 36 and combine it with what's right with the Pike. Yup, the dream 6-Pack fork.

Understood!
    thanks for the reply.

Living the Dream

Common TScheezy. Hook a fellow Alaskan Up.

Best guess on availability. Summer 06, Winter 07? I really like my Reba a lot--even more than my AM1. I am thinking of not getting the Z1 lowers for the AM1 if the new RS is available in the summer time frame.
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

on a routine expedition
    Here's a movie of the new fork in action.

http://www.blackboxlabs.net/movies/u...cleRockers.mov

My guess is we'll get more info at Sea Otter, and they'll be out in the fall. Similar to the X.0 triggers last year. I know I'm itching for one.

No, that's not phonetic
    Good flick.

~~~~~~~~
    i hope the boxxer maxle fits, and that red knob is looking precarious...

great riding in the vid, thanks for posting, who is that?

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Good flick.

i so want this fork to be 125-170mm u-turn....... i'd love to have that to replace the Boxxer ride on my rubber bullit.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Living the Dream

Wow that fork looks sweet. (And tall)

I am still hoping for a 6" Pike (540 AC height). If the fork in the video is 5-7" UTurn with 520-560ish ACheights, sign me up. Otherwise, it will be too much for my 5 Pack. Then again, maybe I'll have to swap the rear and make it a 6 Pack. Is it just me, or does the fork in video look 8". It looks shorter in the Photo that TScheezy extracted from the video, but I think it is just the angle.
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

MK_
    carpe maņana

A bit more info

A buddy of mine ran into a guy sporting the RS35 around Colorado Springs. The version the guy was running had slippery silver stanchions. He was told 35mm stanchions and 160mm travel. Here's a pic.

_MK
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg rs.jpg (97.3 KB, 1081 views)

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by a*holes

Living the Dream

Thanks for the info! Is this photo a joke or for real?

Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    A buddy of mine ran into a guy sporting the RS35 around Colorado Springs. The version the guy was running had slippery silver stanchions. He was told 35mm stanchions and 160mm travel. Here's a pic.

_MK

That Pic looks so wrong on so many levels. The dude looks like he just got out of bed and went to the store for a 6 pack and got a flat. The guy is riding a 6.6 with a prot fork and has no means to fix a flat--just kinda funny. The tires look like 2.2s.

Also, I would be really happy if it really is is 160mm and only 5lbs with Uturn.

How do you like your pike compared to your ZAM1. I am really close to purchasing a Pike for my 5 Pack. I am currnetly running the AM1 and while it is a pretty good fork, I prefer the Motion Control dampening system.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenglow
    That Pic looks so wrong on so many levels. The dude looks like he just got out of bed and went to the store for a 6 pack and got a flat. The guy is riding a 6.6 with a prot fork and has no means to fix a flat--just kinda funny. The tires look like 2.2s.

Also, I would be really happy if it really is is 160mm and only 5lbs with Uturn.

How do you like your pike compared to your ZAM1. I am really close to purchasing a Pike for my 5 Pack. I am currnetly running the AM1 and while it is a pretty good fork, I prefer the Motion Control dampening system.
    I don't now who the kid in jeans is, the guy who rides the bike stands to the left, you can see his left foot by the rear wheel.

The pic is for real. The quality is poor because it was a total spy shot. I like the handling with the AC of the pike. I do prefer the feel of the ZAM1 on high speed descents, tech downhills and steeps. I much prefer the pike for climbing. I also started running same size tires front and rear to steepen my head angle a bit, this way I can run a little more travel on the pike.

_MK

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by a*holes

Living the Dream

Ah, I see the naked leg and the SPD shoes

Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    I don't now who the kid in jeans is, the guy who rides the bike stands to the left, you can see his left foot by the rear wheel.
    _MK
    My only problem with the same size front and rear tire, is that I like to run big front tires (2.5) and this seems to be too sluggish to run on the rear.

Thanks again

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenglow
    My only problem with the same size front and rear tire, is that I like to run big front tires (2.5) and this seems to be too sluggish to run on the rear.

Thanks again
    I'm with you on the tires. I go anywhere between a 2.35 to a 2.5. And this is by no means Conti sizing. I just got over the slugish feeling ride by running Tioga Factory DH 2.5s for a few weeks. Put a Fat Albert in the rear this weekend and it felt oh so fast.

_MK

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    i hope the boxxer maxle fits, and that red knob is looking precarious...

great riding in the vid, thanks for posting, who is that?
    that red knob feature is for poseurs and others who don't ever ride their bikes.

seriously.

I'd give that red knob 2 rides max in my terrain.

otherwise perhaps RS finally have their shyte together for the gigantic niche hole in their line, namely decent forks that aren't DH racer or XC racer, but something in between.

don't say "Pike" because Frat Boy Forks are ghey and silly. and about 1.5" too short axle-to-crown for anything but an XC feel.

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzostrike
    don't say "Pike" because Frat Boy Forks are ghey and silly. and about 1.5" too short axle-to-crown for anything but an XC feel.
    Pike

You asked for it

what's with the vitriol this morning? No powder up there in Montana?

Bodhisattva
    Pic is real.

RS is headquartered in Colorado Springs and there are several RS 35 floating around the CO front range.

that red knob feature is for poseurs and others who don't ever ride their bikes.

seriously.

I'd give that red knob 2 rides max in my terrain.

otherwise perhaps RS finally have their shyte together for the gigantic niche hole in their line, namely decent forks that aren't DH racer or XC racer, but something in between.

whatever. hard to tell sometimes if you're trolling, just being an ass, or entertaining yourself.

i've got a pike and a boxxer ride, and both have that length of rebound knob in the same spot. both have survived just fine. both have marks from being nailed by rocks and roots.
    replaced a z-1 and a junior/super-t with them, and much prefer the feel of the new stuff, and they've held up to the same riding, with fewer problems. (btw-the knob is nicely removable and stowable in a pocket or whatever. it's just a hex key to adjust the rebound, but you probably already know that. an o-ring keeps it nice and tight when it's on the fork.)

but, i guess i'm just a poser frat boy since i don't ride your terrain, eh?

or maybe i ride with enough finesse that i can ride without breaking my sh#t all the time?
    (see, other people can stroke their own egos too!)
    or maybe it's that the knob doesn't really stick out as far as that pic makes it look? both mine actually stick out less than the disc caliper does on the other side of the fork, and i don't have any problems breaking those off.
    Last edited by scrublover; 02-27-2006 at 08:16 AM.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Pic is real.

RS is headquartered in Colorado Springs and there are several RS 35 floating around the CO front range.
    Translated for the masses: Darren at push industries has at least one, has ridden it, and is allready comptemplated upgrades for it or is providing design input.

I was on the phone to him a couple weeks ago; he told me he was going out for a ride [not on his moto!] and he was testing a new fork. He wouldn't tell me what it was. Now I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Translated for the masses: Darren at push industries has at least one, has ridden it, and is allready comptemplated upgrades for it or is providing design input.

I was on the phone to him a couple weeks ago; he told me he was going out for a ride [not on his moto!] and he was testing a new fork. He wouldn't tell me what it was. Now I know!

i'm fairly sure that spy pic is from one of the palmer park lots. nice spot to test a new fork.

(yeah, not a homer, but ya'll are full of good info. so, i'm slumming.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Anything but a xc feel? Take another drink of your extreme A2C, 68dg HA, Kool aid. Frat boy! LOL!

No really, the Pike has proven to be a very durable fork that can handle some pretty good size hits.

I hope Pike gets it right and makes another very adjustable fork. The new Pikes just needs to be in that 150mm range. Nothing too extreme imo.

No, that's not phonetic
    (Pssst... we all actually ride 888s on our xc bikes but we pretend like we ride Pikes just to piss Gonzo off )

on a routine expedition
    (Pssst... we all actually ride 888s on our xc bikes but we pretend like we ride Pikes just to piss Gonzo off )
    Well, now that the cat's out of the bag...

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    whatever. hard to tell sometimes if you're trolling, just being an ass, or entertaining yourself.
    you are one angry insecure person, aren't you? instead of saying you disagree, you have to trot out your Manhood On Display.

sad, really.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Pike

You asked for it

what's with the vitriol this morning? No powder up there in Montana?
    arrrggghhh... we were supposed to get 2-4" of snow overnight. I woke up, it was raining. no point in going up to Snowbowl to ski in the rain.

I don't think my anti-Pike stance is a surprise, is it? I'm surprised they don't have forks called the Teke and the Tri-Delt. and a pink version called the Kappa Kappa Gamma.

bwaaaah hah hah. uh. huh. heh.

actually the snow has been really good until this AM, when it started looking bad. our weather forecasts have been for temperatures about 10 deg below what they've been, with more snow forecast than has arrived. something tells me their computer modeling is based on pre-global-warming data, something from around the 1800s.

Outcast
    you are one angry insecure person, aren't you? instead of saying you disagree, you have to trot out your Manhood On Display.

sad, really.
    what's sad gonzo is that who you seem to be describing above is yourself. Why are YOU so angry all the time?

banned
    not 888s.

probably some weird Stratos S8 or something equally "rare" and "valuable" and "prestigious"

Living the Dream

Wasn't that on "Pimp my Ride" last week

Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrack

Didn't Xzibit, Pimp Master of Ceremonies himself, deck that out himself. What happened to the Spinners?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ronny
    Anything but a xc feel? Take another drink of your extreme A2C, 68dg HA, Kool aid. Frat boy! LOL!
    hah!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Go ez on Gonz. He needs the real tough, he-man equipment for his local riding conditions, while most of the rest of us probably do not.

After all, that Rattlesnake Trail is purty eggstreme!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo
    Go ez on Gonz. He needs the real tough, he-man equipment for his local riding conditions, while most of the rest of us probably do not.

After all, that Rattlesnake Trail is purty eggstreme!
    I never go off-road. you might fall and hurt yourself. I stick to the asphalt rails-to-trails. that's why I got a V-Tach. it RULES the asphalt.

PS: do you know Heart Lake? Camas Lake? Blodgett Canyon?

banned
    what's sad gonzo is that who you seem to be describing above is yourself. Why are YOU so angry all the time?
    you mistake anger for a certain kind of humor, which admittedly is not a broadly enjoyed kind.

so, while you can conclude that I'm so angry, you're just concluding incorrectly. I have lots of fun when I post. a lot more than someone who takes 5 paragraphs to "prove" he rides "manly" terrain.

Outcast
    you mistake anger for a certain kind of humor, which admittedly is not a broadly enjoyed kind.

so, while you can conclude that I'm so angry, you're just concluding incorrectly. I have lots of fun when I post. a lot more than someone who takes 5 paragraphs to "prove" he rides "manly" terrain.
    Gonzo, I can conclude that I am not the only person who doesn't percieve your certain kind of humor. I will adjust my browser settings so that I look at all your posts at an attempt on your part to be humorous.
    BTW, My grandmother rides a pike fork, and she can kick your a$$!

banned
    Renegade, the humor isn't very positivist, I'll grant that. But for sure, I'm not angry or mad at people who like the Pike. I just find a lot to joke about in a fork that obviously is marketed to college frat boys with a name like Pike done in frat supporter sweatshirt graphics. and the stupid "muscle car" naming really shows who RockShox is targeting.

I prefer a simpler approach, let the product speak for itself. and definitely, I would have chosen a different name than Pike if I were RS. but then, I'm not a fan of "marketing" of the kind that creates demand.

PS: your granny blew by so fast on the Rail-to-Trail asphalt yesterday that it knocked me off my overbuilt V-Tach.

Outcast
    PS: your granny blew by so fast on the Rail-to-Trail asphalt yesterday that it knocked me off my overbuilt V-Tach.
    I told her that her that her testosterone levels would rise once she started riding her new transition Gran Mal. She's out of control.

sad, really.

this coming from you? wow. then again, why am i not surprised?

i don't believe i was trotting out anything.

you post some trollbait cr@p, what sort of response do you expect? don't act so stupid, gonz.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I rode there.

It was on a hardtail though. Do I suck or do I rule.

So hard to tell.
    I bet you used air in your tires, and a suspension fork up front too, sissyboy!

as to your last question,

you might suck at ruling, or rule at sucking. but it's hard to suck at sucking or rule at ruling when you're in the Turner Homer forum.
    Last edited by gonzostrike; 02-27-2006 at 11:06 AM.

Now with flavor!!
    Blodgett Canyon?

I rode there.

It was on a hardtail though. Do I suck or do I rule.

So hard to tell.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

banned
    this coming from you? wow. then again, why am i not surprised?

i don't believe i was trotting out anything.

you post some trollbait cr@p, what sort of response do you expect? don't act so stupid, gonz.
    stupid?

calling me "stupid" is pretty dumb, I'd say. but I have a sense of humor.

banned
    I told her that her that her testosterone levels would rise once she started riding her new transition Gran Mal. She's out of control.
    I'd offer to give her some tips but clearly she's above my range of skill. maybe she could hold a clinic for us?

stupid?

calling me "stupid" is pretty dumb, I'd say. but I have a sense of humor.

oh, i've read enough of your posts to not think you stupid. it's why i was asking. the comments of this morning seem, well, stupid. FWIW, i find most of your stuff pretty funny/entertaining.

not getting why you're e-bagging on the forks and so on. maybe my humor meter is in need of recalibration this morning.

now it's time to go ride one of the depressingly few dry trails available at the moment. i think i'm just cranky waiting for the high stuff to melt.

Outcast
    I'd offer to give her some tips but clearly she's above my range of skill. maybe she could hold a clinic for us?
    Naw, she won't do it. She hates pretty little poseur boys like yourself.

banned
    Naw, she won't do it. She hates pretty little poseur boys like yourself.
    what if I take my 6-Pack parts spec and put it on the V-Tach frame, rendering the V-Tach hugely underbuilt parts-spec-wise? will that remove my poseur stench?

banned
    oh, i've read enough of your posts to not think you stupid. it's why i was asking. the comments of this morning seem, well, stupid. FWIW, i find most of your stuff pretty funny/entertaining.

not getting why you're e-bagging on the forks and so on. maybe my humor meter is in need of recalibration this morning.

now it's time to go ride one of the depressingly few dry trails available at the moment. i think i'm just cranky waiting for the high stuff to melt.
    you are reading too much hate/spite into my posts. I'm more interested in making light of what appears absurd.

for some background, I was influenced by HL Mencken while I was beginning my formal graduate education some 15 years ago. that influence stuck with me. and maybe explains my posts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Louis_Mencken

mtbr member
    you are reading too much hate/spite into my posts. I'm more interested in making light of what appears absurd.

for some background, I was influenced by HL Mencken while I was beginning my formal graduate education some 15 years ago. that influence stuck with me. and maybe explains my posts.

This really sheds light on the love for "Horst Link" and not finding love for the TNT.
    Yamaha & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drumstix
    This really sheds light on the love for "Horst Link" and not finding love for the TNT.
    oh the love, the undying endless love!

just admit the TNT/HL debacle was, as Hank Spearshaker said, much ado about nothing.

Too Much Fun
    arrrggghhh... we were supposed to get 2-4" of snow overnight. I woke up, it was raining. no point in going up to Snowbowl to ski in the rain.
    Damn. All at once you got me nostalgic! I miss Mizzooo! Although I recall from my 3 year stint up there that the snow was always like that: feast or famine. Sorry its bunk for you, although its pouring here in Norcal as well, and Tahoe looks like its not getting dik either...

And damn, MT epic rides redefine EPIC. I can recall doing some crazy 50-70mile bids along the ID border. Ill shite.
    - -benja- -

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Damn. All at once you got me nostalgic! I miss Mizzooo! Although I recall from my 3 year stint up there that the snow was always like that: feast or famine. Sorry its bunk for you, although its pouring here in Norcal as well, and Tahoe looks like its not getting dik either...

And damn, MT epic rides redefine EPIC. I can recall doing some crazy 50-70mile bids along the ID border. Ill shite.
    you are so right on all counts, mang. this has been the best snow season in the 8 years I've lived here. my first season here (1998-99) was a good one, but I tore my left ACL in early december of that first season, so I missed it. this year, early december at the Bowl was incredible, knee deep beauty pow, blah blah blah. it's been really good since then, sometimes a bit skimpy, usually good though. today was the first really bad day after yesterday's uberwarm weather fiasco (50+ deg in the valley after a 37 deg high prediction).

the ID/MT state line trail has some crazy good stuff. get up near Heart Lake/Hoodoo Pass and you'd think all of America (as far as you can see) is untamed wilderness. wicked good scenery to boot. yeah, it sucks royally.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    you are so right on all counts, mang. this has been the best snow season in the 8 years I've lived here. my first season here (1998-99) was a good one, but I tore my left ACL in early december of that first season, so I missed it. this year, early december at the Bowl was incredible, knee deep beauty pow, blah blah blah. it's been really good since then, sometimes a bit skimpy, usually good though. today was the first really bad day after yesterday's uberwarm weather fiasco (50+ deg in the valley after a 37 deg high prediction).

the ID/MT state line trail has some crazy good stuff. get up near Heart Lake/Hoodoo Pass and you'd think all of America (as far as you can see) is untamed wilderness. wicked good scenery to boot. yeah, it sucks royally.
    Don't tell my b-in-law how good it's been. He blew his ACL on lower Griz on his first day of the season. Hadn't even picked up his pass yet. Small place -- you might even know Jeff Howe. Heckuva tele-guy.

And sometime when fambly stuff pulls me back to MT, I'll PM you about some of those huge rides. I was just funnin with ya about Rattlesnake on the other thread.

Thanks for the reference. I know who he was.

Maybe you have too much time on your hands?

I mean, my first thoughts on the Pike were: large fish, and the mountain. The frat boy connection never even entered my mind. I'll agree on the cheesy stickers though; peeled them off pretty early.

Got my ride in. on a bike with a pike. The Boxxer is in pieces on the floor, awaiting parts that supposedly will arrive at Larry's shop via UPS tomorrow..... (no, nothing broken; sticking the 06 MoCo damping into my 05 Ride.) Should've just waited a bit longet to get the 06 in the first place.

banned
    Thanks for the reference. I know who he was.

Maybe you have too much time on your hands?

I mean, my first thoughts on the Pike were: large fish, and the mountain. The frat boy connection never even entered my mind. I'll agree on the cheesy stickers though; peeled them off pretty early.

Got my ride in. on a bike with a pike. The Boxxer is in pieces on the floor, awaiting parts that supposedly will arrive at Larry's shop via UPS tomorrow..... (no, nothing broken; sticking the 06 MoCo damping into my 05 Ride.) Should've just waited a bit longet to get the 06 in the first place.
    you're welcome. BTW, Mencken wasn't a saint, and I don't approve of all his views.

too much time on my hands? indeed. I've been jobhunting since I decided to give up on the frame business, but employment moves SLOOOOOOOWLY in missoula. I have 3 apps in process right now. meanwhile, I'm skiing most of the time, but this is a warm & rainy week!

I didn't think of the frat thing until I saw the stylized "Pike" name decals. honestly, I thought of the old war weapon the pike, a staff with a point on it, the kind of thing that conquering warriors used to use to spear a head and parade it around to scare the losers.

in all truth, several friends have repeatedly and insistently raved about the Reba (McEntire? red headed country singer?) but I'm not keen on air forks. the linearity doesn't work well for anything but mild XC in my opinion. on the other hand, the 36 air model on my friend's Blur 4X is pretty sweet, and was the deal-clincher on me ordering a 36 coil/oil model.

Registered Dietitian

Wink

I still want to know how mean the fraternity guys were to you in college, that you still hold a grudge. I was a Pike in undergrad, and we would have let you come to our parties if you liked. Especially if you rode bikes, there was a group of 7-8 of us who rode a lot.

I just find a lot to joke about in a fork that obviously is marketed to college frat boys with a name like Pike done in frat supporter sweatshirt graphics. and the stupid "muscle car" naming really shows who RockShox is targeting.

I prefer a simpler approach, let the product speak for itself. and definitely, I would have chosen a different name than Pike if I were RS.
    Registered Dietitian, Cycling Coach, Ascend Nutrition and Coaching

www.ascendthepeak.com

www.facebook.com/ascendthepeak

you're welcome. BTW, Mencken wasn't a saint, and I don't approve of all his views.

too much time on my hands? indeed. I've been jobhunting since I decided to give up on the frame business..........

not doing the frames? the couple pics of your early efforts i saw looked pretty good! at least you can build your own if you want to.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyrod74
    I still want to know how mean the fraternity guys were to you in college, that you still hold a grudge. I was a Pike in undergrad, and we would have let you come to our parties if you liked. Especially if you rode bikes, there was a group of 7-8 of us who rode a lot.
    Tommy, I have many friends who were in frats and soros. They're not for me. I think they promote cliquish behavior, which I think is a factor that helps prevent real harmony in our society. That's not to say that others do not or would not enjoy them.

I graduated from a Jesuit college. the Jesuits aren't keen on frats & soros for the same reason I cited. but my view comes from my first few years in college at the Univ of MD. I had many friends pledging, wouldn't have had a hard time getting into a frat myself. They're just not for me.

If it's any indication, as a practicing lawyer of 16 years, I've never joined the ABA because I don't believe in "clubs" or "associations" that seek to increase prestige or influence.

banned
    not doing the frames? the couple pics of your early efforts i saw looked pretty good! at least you can build your own if you want to.
    it took a while to realize that it was more a rebellion against my past work in the white collar corporate world, than a real dream of being a frame builder.

I have all the equipment right now, but may end up selling it. haven't decided on that part.

not so super...

RS35 = Totem??

Domain is a new value freeride fork and features a 20mm Maxle and oversized stanchions. Lyric is a new light freeride fork, with a new damper system called Mission Control that offers external high- and low-speed compression damping. Finally, Totem is the new top-end freeride fork for '07. First seen at Interbike, the platform appears to have stanchions in the neighborhood of 40mm. Both high- and low-speed compression feature external adjustments, and the new lowers seem to be triple butted externally.

Pic from Velonews

Totem:

Domain:
    Nothing to see here.

Living the Dream

Thanks SSINGA!

Sounds like the Lyric will be what I am looking for, as long as Mission Control Dampening is similiar to Motion Control.

Lay off the Levers
    That Totem looks sharp. I'm looking forward to the reviews.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

on a routine expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Domain is a new value freeride fork and features a 20mm Maxle and oversized stanchions. Lyric is a new light freeride fork, with a new damper system called Mission Control that offers external high- and low-speed compression damping. Finally, Totem is the new top-end freeride fork for '07. First seen at Interbike, the platform appears to have stanchions in the neighborhood of 40mm. Both high- and low-speed compression feature external adjustments, and the new lowers seem to be triple butted externally.
    Good find, SSinga.

I was hoping for U-Turn on the Totem, but I don't see any U-Turn markings on the stanchions. The Lyric sounds interesting too.

Baked Alaskan
    Those look like production versions of the forks, we're probably gonna see them at Sea Otter and maybe SSinGA will have one shortly thereafter...

I call dibs on his 66sl!!!

p.s. Did they move to post mount too???
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

Outcast
    [QUOTE=AK Chris] SSinGA will have one shortly thereafter...

QUOTE]
    Yea, SS has had his 66SL nearly three months now; time to move it on, UGI is calling. I wonder where the priority will be; he still has to get a CCDB shock and some I-9 wheels. Time to sell another kidney!

~~~~~~~~
    post mount, what kind of brake is that?

mtbr platinum member
    post mount, what kind of brake is that?
    Thought I remember hearing that it was a proto from SRAM.?
    I stopped driving my bike into my garage - I'm now protected with Roof Rack Ranger app for my iPhone.

not so super...
    [quote=Renegade]
    Quote Originally Posted by AK Chris
    SSinGA will have one shortly thereafter...

QUOTE]
    Yea, SS has had his 66SL nearly three months now; time to move it on, UGI is calling. I wonder where the priority will be; he still has to get a CCDB shock and some I-9 wheels. Time to sell another kidney!

No, no, no. I just can't bring myself to get a RS product again, yet. The SL is safe for about another 9 months +/-.

No CCDB - at least not until they make the air model

I9's - no comment!
    Nothing to see here.

on a routine expedition
    Looks like the the Totems in the pic all have 1.5 steerers.

Roy
    mtbr member
    The SL is safe for about another 9 months +/-.

9 months - whew! That was a good one SS. You might want to tone it down a bit, though, as some of the rookies might think you were serious.

Outcast
    here's a little more information on these two forks;
    2007 Sram

not so super...
    here's a little more information on these two forks;
    2007 Sram
    Info from the link:

information from Taipei bike show.
    New travel adjustment system called "2-step Air". It works like Marz ETA. You turn the knob and push down the fork. The fork reduces 45mm travel.
    They introduced a new damping system called "Mission control" which has low/high speed compression, lockout, floodgate adjustments. The damper looks like a metal version of Motion control damper with shimmed compression circuit.
    The new damping system can be found on 2 new fork series.
    Totem designed for freeride, 40mm stanchion, 180 or 135-180 travel, Mission control, Maxle.
    Lyrik designed for AM, 35mm stanchion, 160 or 160-135 travel, Mission control, Maxle.
    There are another 2 cheaper series.
    Argyle designed for dirt jump, 32mm stanchion, 100mm travel, Motion control, Maxle.
    Domain designed for freeride,35mm stanchion, 180 or 115-160 travel, Motion control with integrated speed stack(shimmed rebound??), Maxle, Coil version only.
    Other series almost left unchanged. Yes, Sid is still alive.
    But, sorry, no picture. They don't allow taking pictures on these new models.

For avid, there would be 2 new models. 4-piston Code for DH and FR. The juicy ultima with one piece caliper is designed to challenge magura Marta series.

For all those considing buying X.0 shifers in the near future, wait for the new X.9 shifters. The X.0 technology is push down to 2007 X.9. The new shifers would have almost all the features of X.0, except for the pushing level position adjustment and the carbon decoration. The old X.9 shifters is labeled as 07 X.7.<!-- / message -->
    Nothing to see here.

~~~~~~~~
    line forms behind me for the totem .

not so super...
    line forms behind me for the totem .
    Fine with me. I'm more interested in the 4 piston brake and new X.9 shifters.
    Nothing to see here.

on a routine expedition
    Further info from the above linked thread:

Argyle 1 1/8 steer, Solo air/Fixed coil
    Domain 1 1/8 or 1.5 aluminum steer, U-turn coil/Fixed coil
    Totem 1 1/8 or 1.5 aluminum steer, 2-step/Solo air/Fixed coil
    Lyrik 1 1/8 or 1.5 aluminum steer, 2-step/Solo air/U-turn
    Sorry, I don't have weight info.

I'm thinking the Lyrik is going to be the hot ticket for my 5 Pack.
    Last edited by Marshall Willanholly; 03-10-2006 at 08:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Funny, last year I ran into two guys on Monarch Crest with Yetis. I asked "how long you guys worked for Rock Shox?" and they were a little surprised. They asked how I knew, and I pointed out the shifters (as yet unreleased XO), brakes (Juicy Carbon), forks (as yet unreleased Revelation and Pike 454), and shocks (one a Pearl, the other short-stroke shock I couldn't ID). Not too stealthy, the lucky bastards.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrack
    Can't believe someone lets that bike into that beautiful home!!

Feeding your addiction

... and if we just ...

[QUOTE=SSINGA]

No, no, no. I just can't bring myself to get a RS product again, yet. The SL is safe for about another 9 months +/-.
    Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

Baked Alaskan
    [QUOTE=Ventanarama]

Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

Yo Larry -- any idea of pricing or when they're available??? I need a fork for the Spack (spot/pack hybrid).
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

No, that's not phonetic
    Here's a table. Still trying to figure out the best way to graph it...

Feeding your addiction
    [QUOTE=AK Chris]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventanarama

Yo Larry -- any idea of pricing or when they're available??? I need a fork for the Spack (spot/pack hybrid).
    Haven't heard anything, I would expect probably fall though and would guess the Lyric would be somewhere in between the Pike and Boxxer in price.

Larry
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Wow, those forks look great. Thanks to SSinga and TS! Interesting that the Totem won't have a U-turn. I guess it will come down to AC length. Does anybody remember what the Z150Fr A-C length was? I think 538? I think Rock Shox's got shorter lengths for the same amount of travel, so maybe I can squeak a little more travel for the same fork height.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Were there any estimated weights for the forks? Was there any word if the air forks will have a U-Turn or internal travel adjustments?

mtbr member

I don't think my anti-Pike stance is a surprise, is it? I'm surprised they don't have forks called the Teke and the Tri-Delt. and a pink version called the Kappa Kappa Gamma.
    While we're on the greek fork subject anyone who went to a college with greek orgs on campus can laugh at this: I heard about some womens-specific 2008 models coming from the PKE marketing dept:

The AGD is going to have 50mm stanchions and weigh around 9 pounds, pink 200mm elastomer-sprung hucker fork.
    The AXO is going to be full carbon/pearl, sub-5lb, polka-dot graphics, you will however need a $300 rebuild kit every 1000 miles to keep her running. 155mm travel with hot air preload and no adjustments.

In all seriousness though: I'm really excited about mission control and the lyrik, looks like a real winner for 2007.
    Last edited by pin-it; 04-03-2006 at 08:15 PM.

banned
    does anyone besides me think that the picture of the Totem is a picture of a LESS THAN 40mm stanchioned fork?

the Fox 40 has stanchion tubes that truly measure 40mm.

that Totem hardly looks 32mm (Nixon/Sherman) or 35mm (888, 66) let alone 40mm.

not saying 40mm isn't the plan.

just saying I don't think those forks are 40mm stanchions. if they are, the Fox 40 has 65mm stanchions, IMO.

~~~~~~~~
    how about the taper in the legs?
    sounds like we'll learn more about these forks after sea otter.

Light, Strong and Long
    Jan 2005

freakin sweeeeeeeet

i so want this fork to be 125-170mm u-turn....... i'd love to have that to replace the Boxxer ride on my rubber bullit.
    The the totem comes in any kind of u-turn its going to be on my bike real fast. The chart on the last page said it will be. More info, we need some weights too.
    Everyones got a little weight weinee in them

Outcast
    Guys. I just borrowed this pic from a similar thread in the dh forum at ridemonkey. There was no definitive identification or description of the fork, whether it's prototype or preproduction, but MAN those are some FAT stantions!

Roy
    mtbr member
    Is it just me or does that head angle looks mighty steep on that bike?

Outcast
    I think it's the funky angle that the pic is taken at. Those sundays have pretty slack angles I believe.

Feeding your addiction
    how about the taper in the legs?
    sounds like we'll learn more about these forks after sea otter.
    Yes, there's lots of external butting/shaping on the legs, and the stanchions are definitely 40mm, it's a huge fork.

Larry

Bodhisattva
    it's a huge fork.
    No.
    It's a hugefarkinfork

banned
    I think it's the funky angle that the pic is taken at. Those sundays have pretty slack angles I believe.
    isn't that a picture of the new dw-link trail bike that will sit between the Mk III and the Seven Point?

or is that a Sunday with a way short travel adjusted fork on it?

Sunday HA = 65deg right?

banned
    Yes, there's lots of external butting/shaping on the legs, and the stanchions are definitely 40mm, it's a huge fork.

Larry
    okay, I will take Larry's word for it, he's trustworthy, unlike you other jokers.

Outcast
    isn't that a picture of the new dw-link trail bike that will sit between the Mk III and the Seven Point?

or is that a Sunday with a way short travel adjusted fork on it?

Sunday HA = 65deg right?
    Gonzo, the only info from the thread at ridemonkey, http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...=146925&page=6, was "That's Ross Measure's ride. Ryder Kasprick has an identical one."
    I am assuming that these guys are racers, and if so, they would choose a sunday for that. But since I am assuming, I could be totally wrong.
    Oh, and I think that the thickness of the stantions may make it appear that there is not a lot of exposed stantion showing, but I'd bet there's seven inches of exposed stantion there.

mtbr member
    ross and ryder are FR guys with the bicycle rockers crew and harkooz as far as I know. I thought ryder had his on an enduro, hmm.

Baby Bear is in the house

for what it's worth

Quote Originally Posted by bikerx40
    Thought I remember hearing that it was a proto from SRAM.?
    to resurrect a 3-month old thread

That's reportedly the Avid freeride brake (near bottom of page)
    Last edited by r1Gel; 06-05-2006 at 11:37 PM.
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

on a routine expedition
    Report on the Lyric:

LINK

07 RockShox photo gallery (lots of pictures of the new Avid Code brakes too):

LINK
    Last edited by Marshall Willanholly; 06-07-2006 at 08:43 AM.

not so super...
    Look nice - once you remove all the graphics!
    Last edited by SSINGA; 06-07-2006 at 08:49 AM.
    Nothing to see here.

Outcast
    Oh SSINGA, don't be teasing me with those pics! And skullcrack, don't be teasing me with that great review. I don't NEED a new fork, I don't want a new fork, I can't have a new fork!

on a routine expedition
    Oh SSINGA, don't be teasing me with those pics! And skullcrack, don't be teasing me with that great review. I don't NEED a new fork, I don't want a new fork, I can't have a new fork!
    Your resistance is futile...

Outcast
    Look nice - once you remove all the graphics!
    They'd look even better if they all came in all black, with black stantions!

mtbr member
    Nice. Between SRAM's Lyric, new X-9 line up, and Code brakes I can see nearly a whole new build for the Pack before the end of the year.

mtbr member
    Dave, can we have a Maxle rear dropout? Pretty please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0