Yes, that's fonetic

Trial Video...take 2

A friend got a new VIO camera for Christmas, here's a sample. It's a little shaky...mounted it on his goggles. I think he's going to have to go for the harder mount on the helmet to steady it out a bit. It's from a little run through our "Boulder Gulch".
    Figured out how to imbed videos...finally .

Untitled from Todd Melton on Vimeo.
    Last edited by whodaphuck; 01-12-2009 at 08:56 PM.

~~~~~~~~
    not working, looks like there is a couple more things you need to figure out about vimeo still..., but at least you figured out how to get the video off the camera.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by whodaphuck
    A friend got a new VIO camera for Christmas, here's a sample. It's a little shaky...mounted it on his goggles. I think he's going to have to go for the harder mount on the helmet to steady it out a bit. It's from a little run through our "Boulder Gulch".

Here's the link...haven't figured out how to imbed yet.
    I've asked here as well how to embed a video. Replies seemed to indicate it was real easy. I still haven't figured it out and when you do could you please tell me how you did it?
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

~~~~~~~~
    xc, there is a button on the Vimeo videos that is labeled Embed, click that and a window pops up with a bunch of code, copy all that and paste it into the thread. Hope that helps, it is pretty easy.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    xc, there is a button on the Vimeo videos that is labeled Embed, click that and a window pops up with a bunch of code, copy all that and paste it into the thread. Hope that helps, it is pretty easy.
    ...you have to make sure it's a "public" and not a "private" video also. That was my problem and now it should be fixed.

not so super...
    looks like a sweet little trail you have there.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    looks like a sweet little trail you have there.
    Thanks, that's actually just a small slice of our little heaven.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I didn't see any trials riding

Team Sanchez
    Very cool trail Yodaphuck. I really wish one of my homies had a helmet cam. Keep the vids coming!
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

striker!
    NICE! Those gaps look big on the helmet cam so I could imagine they'd look even bigger in person.

S

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by superstock
    NICE! Those gaps look big on the helmet cam so I could imagine they'd look even bigger in person.

S
    I was just about to reply about if the cam had a setting to make the jumps look bigger . Gaps are only about ten feet, you can send it to 20 on the last couple, we consider that XC .

I took the liberty to bump up the size.

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Very cool trail Yodaphuck. I really wish one of my homies had a helmet cam. Keep the vids coming!
    Kenny got everything he asked for for Christmas. Should be some good train wreck videos coming soon .

The last half of this video is the same section of trail.

oneoneonine from eh on Vimeo.

Team Sanchez
    Is that an Ellsworth and a Turner playing well together?

Yes, that's fonetic
    Is that an Ellsworth and a Turner playing well together?
    Yes they play well together quiet often. Here's another clip of them getting along further up the hill. I actually did a little editing, mostly to take out all the cameraman's futzing about at the start (I'm home with a sick kid today and have some time to burn....)

Last edited by whodaphuck; 01-13-2009 at 03:06 PM.

Team Sanchez
    The second vid was even better. Which Elseworth is that? Moment? Are you the guy on the Ells or the RFX?

BTW, the big berms after the doubles are tasty!

Yes, that's fonetic
    The second vid was even better. Which Elseworth is that? Moment? Are you the guy on the Ells or the RFX?

BTW, the big berms after the doubles are tasty!
    Ewwwwww, me on an Ellsworth????
    No that's Dr. Kenny on the Moment (he has 2...and a Rogue and a XC EW...forgot the name on that one) with the new camera setup. I'm the RFX Homer trying to master the mini-whip. Those "berms" are actually walls where the gulch narrows. Airwreck is the original architect on most of that line, with some help from Shaheeb. That's all on the small jump side of the hill.

mtbr member
    On that first video I could have sworn I heard mariachi trumpets and a song was about to kick in, but realized it was probably brake squeal. Needless to say, I was disappointed there wasn't any ranchera music.

Cool vids.
    2006 Turner 5 Spot
    2007 Trek 2100 ZR

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    nice recovery! that coulda sucked had he not had some skills which are obvious from the vids. amazin how you guys can ride that hard in the trees. is it as tight as it looks?
    No, I'm NOT back!

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    nice recovery! that coulda sucked had he not had some skills which are obvious from the vids. amazin how you guys can ride that hard in the trees. is it as tight as it looks?
    what trees?

Just roll it......
    Da Kine trails brotha.....Maui Built.

Looking good!.
    EB

~~~~~~~~
    EB, Mikes VIO POV cam is what inspired Kenny to get one. Heres one from Mike, I like how he's not following anyone and riders on the side of the trail are cool to see. I loaded a few to vimeo, I can't edit them for some reason, wonder if he did anything.

mikethrufive from Eh on Vimeo

Yes, that's fonetic
    RK, it was a muddy day and we'd just rinsed off the bikes @ a spigot by the local reservoir, hence the brake squeal.

CC, yes the trees are as tight as they look. Many of us have had intimate encounters resulting in broken bits (a scapula for me). In fact this little clip is from the run before the one above...
    kahakapaocrash from Todd Melton on Vimeo.

banned

I don't know how I missed this thread

Nice videos. I'm gonna have to try that with the little helmet cam that I have. Thanks for the stoke.

Do you guys ever ride over on Oahu. I ask because I did a stay there in '95 living with my brah Joey. He was heavy into racing and I was heavy into 'hot' tourists. Ended up back in the states after about 6months. Didn't do a lot of riding but I do remember riding Peacock Flats. Gorgious!

mtbr member
    what side of maui is that? Maybe I should bring my bike next time and not the board. Almost every time I surf over there I end up getting the stink eye from someone, I can usually catch four or five waves before some local wants to kick my ass.
    [SIZE="6"]Abracadabra homes![/SIZE]