Thread: Travel bag..

mtbr member

Travel bag..

I remember seing a post on this and cannot seem to find it using the search engine ..does
    anyone have any recomendation's on a good bag to use ..im leaving for asia and cant bare the thought of my bike all alone in the garage .........

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    i think it was shaheeb or emrs that posted that right after thc. check their threads and posts out.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member

My 2 cents........

I have used "TriAll3 Sports Velo Safe Original" travel box for US to Canada travel.

Liked it very much, it is crush proof vault made of molded plastic with bike attached inside in such a manner that it can go upside down or sideways with out touching the protective outside of the box.It has wheels and will roll along behind you even with all your other luggage stacked on top. Cost is about 475.00, I rented mine from local shop.

Other notes:
    a) I believe the box weighs 31 lbs..why is this important? Many airlines charge no extra for shipping oversize luggage under 50 lbs. Most charge 50.00 if over.
    b) There is room in box for helmet, camelback, shoes and simple tools. That adds weight, see above.
    c) Take along nylon webb straps to secure the box on top of autos and duc tape for anything else that needs to be attached on the inside.
    d) Last thought make sure to have a picture of anything you ship...so you can show what it looks like if lost (a mind numbing experience) and tape your name and address INSIDE too!

http://triathletesports.com/detail.aspx?ID=4003
    Last edited by bikemanla; 11-12-2006 at 02:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Follow the instructions here http://www.switch-backs.com/switchba...ke-travel.html

The bike box inside a bike bag is very strong.
    Stay off the brakes