mtbr member
    Jun 2004

A traitor in your midst!

One of your so called Turner "Homers" was spotted yesterday at a Titus demo day checking out their superior products.

To prevent a lynching he decided to use a little camouflage.

Care to explain yourself Tony?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    A TNT 5 Spot with Titus stickers.

Dave Turner should sue for defamation.

old and busted
    Sep 2004
    I try to go out for a ride with some friends and they besmirch my poor Spot the second my back is turned.

They're rough and definitely Titus brand loyal in Chattanooga. Calling all Atlanta area Homers ... avenge me, you must avenge me for the travesty committed......

There was a guy there that had an orange Flux on a silver Subaru wagon. Anybody here? By the time I got back to the trailer, you were already gone.

WIRVNTANASHRSH?
    Quote Originally Posted by shivers
    I try to go out for a ride with some friends and they besmirch my poor Spot the second my back is turned.

They're rough and definitely Titus brand loyal in Chattanooga. Calling all Atlanta area Homers ... avenge me, you must avenge me for the travesty committed......

There was a guy there that had an orange Flux on a silver Subaru wagon. Anybody here? By the time I got back to the trailer, you were already gone.
    ya, that was me! The flux is acutally a demo from competitive cyclist. I was torn between the flux and the racerx, so this was a great opportunity to test them both on the same trail. A friend and I rode out and swapped on different sections of trail. After a few hours I'm completely sold that the flux is the better bike for me. If I was using the bike as a pure racebike then I'd go with the racerx, but the turner is just so much more plush and compliant on the small bumps/roots/rocks. The racerx is a very efficient climber, but I'd gladly sacrifice the tiny difference there for more speed on the descents and just more fun in general. I only race 1 or 2 times a year (granted when I do race, I don't just mess around, I go for the podium). I still prefer the look of the titus though, they look great this year.

We also rode a motolite setup in 5" mode. It was comfortable and all, but I like to go fast and that bike just made me want to go slower. The guys setting up the bikes were nice and all and seemed knowledgable, but they had everything setup WAY too harsh. The motolite had a sag of about 1/16" and he said "that looks about right." minus ~50 psi later (on the trail) we were in buisness. Same story with the racerx. I thought I was on a hardtail until I brought the pressure down.

Were you trying out the motolite in comparison to the 5spot?

climr

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sorry we didn't get to chat with you more Climr, where are you from?

WIRVNTANASHRSH?
    Quote Originally Posted by Asahi
    Sorry we didn't get to chat with you more Climr, where are you from?
    Knoxville. I was in "get home before wife kills me" mode so we didn't hang around for long. It was our anniversary so I guess she had a reason to be pissed.

old and busted
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by climr
    ya, that was me! The flux is acutally a demo from competitive cyclist. I was torn between the flux and the racerx, so this was a great opportunity to test them both on the same trail. A friend and I rode out and swapped on different sections of trail. After a few hours I'm completely sold that the flux is the better bike for me. If I was using the bike as a pure racebike then I'd go with the racerx, but the turner is just so much more plush and compliant on the small bumps/roots/rocks. The racerx is a very efficient climber, but I'd gladly sacrifice the tiny difference there for more speed on the descents and just more fun in general. I only race 1 or 2 times a year (granted when I do race, I don't just mess around, I go for the podium). I still prefer the look of the titus though, they look great this year.

We also rode a motolite setup in 5" mode. It was comfortable and all, but I like to go fast and that bike just made me want to go slower. The guys setting up the bikes were nice and all and seemed knowledgable, but they had everything setup WAY too harsh. The motolite had a sag of about 1/16" and he said "that looks about right." minus ~50 psi later (on the trail) we were in buisness. Same story with the racerx. I thought I was on a hardtail until I brought the pressure down.

Were you trying out the motolite in comparison to the 5spot?

climr
    I just got the Spot recently and came off of a Burner. I too was torn between the Flux, Spot, and RX. Asahi is a good friend of mine, so I had a pretty good idea of what the RX can do. Love the bike, but I don't race near enough to take advantage of it. I've always wanted a Spot since I got my Burner a couple of years ago, so that's what helped move me in that direction vs. the Flux.

I too agree that the bikes were set up a bit on the harsh side. The Titus guy was great about swapping parts and whatnot to get the bikes closer to what you'd actually ride.

I went to the demo day to hang with Chatty crew (even if they were being a bit ugly that day ) and play bike mule. One of the guys wanted to ride a ML and some of the other bikes, so I went out on another Titus so he could swap back and forth. I did ride a 29er RX and didn't hate it. First time on a 29er and with a Turner in the works ... I just might need to consider one down the road.

If you ever make it to Nashville or Chattanooga to ride or race, let us know!!!

mtbr member
    Tony - Stay away from that Asahi guy. He makes us all spend money endlessly.

Members who have read this thread: 0