Nicole? Papa?

Touch up paint and polish questions - Sangria Red 5 Spot

*Warning - building up my first ever Turner (first self build for that matter) content!

So following my thread yesterday (thanks for the advice!), I've successfully drilled out the cable stops on my second hand large 2007 5 spot.

I'm pleased to say that I didn't damage the frame or chip any of the cable stops, but there is now some exposed aluminium inside the cable stops and I was looking to see what you guys would recommend in terms of paint.

My Spot is Sangria Red -anyone know of a good colour match? I was thinking of nail varish? Would I perhaps be better just applying some clear nail varish/laquer? Would either of these options damage the paint?

2nd question:

If you were sad (and I am) how would you best go about getting a real good shiny polish on your frame? Car wax?

As ever, thanks!

Expert Crasher
    Pedro's Bike Lust will leave a nice shine. If you've got some surface scratches, use some Meguiar's Scratch remover, then the Bike Lust. Paint is paint....
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

Nicole? Papa?
    If I have scratches, do you think I'd be able to just go at it with some t-cut then some car wax (as I already have these and wouldn't have to buy yet more stuff)?

So a nail varnish that matches or some of my wife's clear nail lacquer would be fine?

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    it really isnt a issue. its paint on alluminium after all. the paint is gonna get chipped and scratched and alloy doesnt rust. nail stuff is a good touch up, its cheap, comes in a zillion friggin shades of every color and if ya have girls in the house, its a arms length away. ya may wanna try and lightly sand the edges where ya drilled and filed so theres no places for the paint to lift before ya seal it up. this might be easyer to say than do.
    No, I'm NOT back!

_
    Mar 2004
    i found some nail polish that is a pretty close match for my sangria 5 spot. i'll post a picture of the bottle, as well as the area that i touched up. i ended up getting it at Rite-Aid for $.99.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    furniture wax is a great bike polish if ya dont wanna spend cash on pedros bike lust, which works killer. a shop fave.
    No, I'm NOT back!

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Before you go and get it dirty, get some of this stuff and cover the high-wear areas with it.

I wrap the top tubes, and put some strips on the sides of the head tube and seat tube where cables rub.

It's cheap, easy to apply, holds up better than paint and keeps your paint in new condition underneath.