Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Founder: Dirty3hirties

Too late....didn't pull the trigger

I was going through a build kit for a SM pack....the only one I could find in stock, and today I found out it was SOLD! ACK!

But it's cool....i've come to grips with it. I had my heart set on the HL version but I still think the Pack is the BEST option for me in terms of sizing, geometry, customer service, reputation, etc. All the positive comments I've heard from some MTBR members, dealers, etc have given me more confidence that the new Packs would ride just as well. So it was a let down only because I can't get one right at this moment, but I'm sure that I'll still be getting one.......

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Rumor has it Turner is shipping HL frames until the end of the year. You still have some time.

Must resist Flux...

Rumor has it Turner is shipping HL frames until the end of the year. You still have some time.
    I've talked to numerous dealers. The ICT/Horst license is in effect until the end of this year, but for a SM pack (and I think any pack in general) the production cycle takes it through the beginning of the year. Soooooo, what they told me was that if the bikes are not produced within this year, then Turner can't make them. So yes, Turner could still make ICT/HL bikes but because the production cycle is longer than his contract, it's pretty much a moot point.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Well, I almost had a good point...

Must resist Flux

bike moron

you're not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by Fezzy

Must resist Flux...
    Maybe we need to start a support group or something...

Believe me....I held out all hope...even the slightest. BUT it's all good.....gotta take things in stride.

aka baycat
    I can start.

Hi my name is Baycat, I ride Santa Cruz bikes right now but I have borrowed my friends Spot and Burner and I think I need a 5 spot.

Recognizing you have a problem is the first step, now I just need an intervention!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ddraewwg
    I was going through a build kit for a SM pack....the only one I could find in stock, and today I found out it was SOLD! ACK!

But it's cool....i've come to grips with it. I had my heart set on the HL version but I still think the Pack is the BEST option for me in terms of sizing, geometry, customer service, reputation, etc. All the positive comments I've heard from some MTBR members, dealers, etc have given me more confidence that the new Packs would ride just as well. So it was a let down only because I can't get one right at this moment, but I'm sure that I'll still be getting one.......
    try calling Monty at Helen's Cycles in Santa Monica, CA - Monty can possibly help ya get the HL version you want...
    (310) 829-1836

mtbr member

Try the Path

Give Tani a call at the Path: 714-669-0784 (in Tustin, California)

I was in there a couple of weeks ago and they had multiples of Pack, Spots, Fluxs, and even a Nitrous hanging off the rafters. Karl told me they've been buying frames in "12 packs." Maybe they'll have your small Pack.

Silence and Thunder...

""Must resist Flux""

...resistance is futile....
    ...every day sends future to past...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by baycat
    I can start.

Hi my name is Baycat, I ride Santa Cruz bikes right now but I have borrowed my friends Spot and Burner and I think I need a 5 spot.

Recognizing you have a problem is the first step, now I just need an intervention!

Are you not enjoying the Nomad? Or just need a new steed!

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    just scored a '02 rfx ft w/ '06 pack rr and im lookin fwd to tryin it out. as a flux owner all i can say is.. walk into the flux! dont be afeared of the flux! buy the flux! you need a flux!
    No, I'm NOT back!

The Ancient One

Did you try Colorado Cyclist?

They have mediums listed as "backordered" but not smalls. I assume that means they have smalls in stock.

mtbr member
    I spoke with Tunerbikes today, smalls should be available by the end of the month with HL rear ends.

mtbr member

Not what I heard

Quote Originally Posted by drumstix
    I spoke with Tunerbikes today, smalls should be available by the end of the month with HL rear ends.
    Not what my contact told me, said looking at January, which means no HL. WTF, you got an inside???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    Not what my contact told me, said looking at January, which means no HL. WTF, you got an inside???

Quote Originally Posted by esquire

I actually was e-mailing with Brian to see if you guys could score me a SM pack. I've heard differing things from differing dealers. I think what's happening is this (but again...it's only what I've heard)

If there were orders placed already, then they may have the HL versions. Turner's license expires the end of this year so any bikes that are produced before the end of the year should have the HL. But if you were to place an order now, the next production run would not be available till after Jan......and I guess whatever his contract states, any bike after Jan can't have the HL. I've also heard that the bikes being produced now would be available around the end of Oct-beginning of Nov. which seems to coincide with what Drumstix said......

mtbr member

I second that

Quote Originally Posted by Steve from JH
    They have mediums listed as "backordered" but not smalls. I assume that means they have smalls in stock.

Their site is pretty up to date. I got the last med spot they had last week. An hour after purchase, it showed "backordered". So, the chances are good they have one in stock.

Later.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack

theres no resisting the almighty flux!

nuff said?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No, I'm NOT back!

RPG
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I know they have MED packs, I just ordered one. Apparently they still have a few left as of the beg of this week. Just a heads up for anyone who wants a HL pack in MEd.

Quote Originally Posted by RPG
    I know they have MED packs, I just ordered one. Apparently they still have a few left as of the beg of this week. Just a heads up for anyone who wants a HL pack in MEd.

Arrrrrghhhh. If I was just a bit taller. I'm cursed Thanks for the info. I guess it's time to make more calls.

PSI
    I want that one

Check if the HL and TNT front triangles are the same...

Arrrrrghhhh. If I was just a bit taller. I'm cursed Thanks for the info. I guess it's time to make more calls.
    If so, buy a Med HL Pack. Then a Sml TNT Pack. Switch the rear triangles over and sell the Med TNT pack. That way you have an HL Pack that will cost you a just few hunreds of $$$ more, but you'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by PSI
    If so, buy a Med HL Pack. Then a Sml TNT Pack. Switch the rear triangles over and sell the Med TNT pack. That way you have an HL Pack that will cost you a just few hunreds of $$$ more, but you'll be happy.
    That's an interesting thought except that I'm pretty sure the Med would be too long for me. I'm still holding out hope that something will show up. But if not, I'm ok with it. Will just wait for the sm TNT's to come out.

PSI
    I want that one
    That's an interesting thought except that I'm pretty sure the Med would be too long for me. I'm still holding out hope that something will show up. But if not, I'm ok with it. Will just wait for the sm TNT's to come out.

Sorry, maybe i didn't explain the scheme right...

take the horst link rear from the still available medium pack and put it on the small front from the tnt pack = small horst link pack.

take the leftovers from the transplant, a tnt rear and med front and sell on ebay...

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by PSI
    The front triangles are the same for the Pack and the RF6. Only the seatstay and chainstay are new. Rocker even remains the same.

So your suggestion would work but will have an initial cost of about $4K.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast