mtbr member

tiny issue - rfx/talas

06 rfx with a 08 talas and a cc 110 hs. the adjustment knobs on the fork hits the underside of the down tube, esp the blue valve cap on the talas side. The rebound side won't hit if I run the knob in - which is definitely not ideal. I know if I were running a king hs, I could do the ventana spacer. is there a fix for the 110 hs?

mtbr member
    I can get pics this evening. basically, if I had about 1-2mm more clearance, it'd be a non-issue. I noticed that on the newer rfx models, the HT is a tad longer than the 06's...that eliminates the issue I'm sure...

mtbr member
    I am currently running a CC 110 upper cup and CK lower cup with a +4mm Ventana race crown. It raises the front end a hint but it provides enough clearance for the Fox 36 knobs. Until recently I had a CK upper and lower cup but I got tired of the creaking and steer tube scoring due to the absence of a compression ring. You might be able to buy just a lower cup from Chris King, I am pretty sure Cane Creek at least is selling upper and lower cups independently now.

mtbr member
    I happen to have a king set on my commuter. Might just switch the lowers out and call it at that. Thanks for the info.