Thread: Ti riser bars??

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

New question here. Ti riser bars??

Can you get a lo rise Ti riser bar? And which are available??
    Thanks Homers...

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    i dont think a ti risers been attempted for years but theres always the part where i dont know everything. titus tried it but couldnt achieve the proper bends if i recall it right. on top of all this id guess a ti riser bar would be rather flexy, maybe ok in a 24" short travel xc format but much more and im thinkin scary stuff handeling wise. carbon has done what ti couldnt do here id say.

too bad... i just got off the phone with titus and could have asked. i wanted some maxm carbon bars and post but non will be available for '06. redesign time and the vendors cant do what they wanted so its waitin till '07.

also heard that titus owner chris cocalus busted his leg on his moto again. my best to chris. get well soon my friend! no rides for a few months you can still have a beer with us in nov cant ya?
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Moots has them...

I think.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbz
    Can you get a lo rise Ti riser bar? And which are available??
    Thanks Homers...
    Moots stopped making theirs a year or so ago. White Brothers had some a couple years ago, but those are gone too. I don't know of anyone else that has produced them recently. A shame, 'cause I'd really like a set for my rigid. I'm fine with carbon & aluminum risers on my suspension bikes.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.

Ouch, I am hot!
    Moots still has it on its website - http://www.moots.com/ticomp-handlebars.php

My friend has one. Its braced and a bit narrow for my tastes 26.25 and costs $200. If you are interested in the Moots and can't find one, you may want to give Eric a call at the Slippery Pig bike shop here in Phoenix. He is a Moots maniac and may have some.
    Email: info@slipperypigbikes.com
    Telephone: 602 263 5143
    I AM JUST A JERK

mtbr member

No & No

Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    [font=Verdana] If you are interested in the Moots and can't find one, you may want to give Eric a call at the Slippery Pig bike shop here in Phoenix.
    Just got off the phone with them- they do not have any in stock & confirmed that they are no longer in production.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    i had forgotten about the white bros and shoulda figured moots did some too. thanx for unintentionally putting me back in touch with a old az friend. havent talked to him since i moved. ill be writing eric a love note asap.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Yay! Bikes !
    White Brothers made (makes?) a ti riser bar too.
    Nick.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    someone on e-bay is selling some. NOS white Bros. bars as far as i could tell. about 25-26" wide, various rises. nice backsweep, but the upsweep is a bit too little for me. i've got one i'd get rid of cheap..... was wide enough, but to get the upsweep i liked, i had to rotate the bar way more forward than i wanted.
    if you're interested, i'll grab some pics tomorrow. or check out the e-bay stuff. i had to make my own 25.4mm bar to stem shim; mine came without it. i just used a longer alu shim and cut it down.

i loved the titec hellion bars (but still wish they were wider), but good luck finding one!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

... I guess you won't be
    Ti Risers! Are you MAD!?
    Yes, we do indeed rock...http://www.myspace.com/spokedrunkies