mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Thread designation for pivots: M8-1.25?

I've got the yellow threadlock on the pivot bolts from my old Burner that I'm trying to clean up. No amount of steel brushing has gotten them clean. I'm going to buy a die to chase the threads clean, but want to confirm the threading before I go looking for it.

From what I've measured in English measure and converted to metric, it appears to be an M8-1.25. Turner's website mentions 8mm Torx bolts for the pivot, so I think I've got the major diameter right anyways.

No, that's not phonetic
    1.25mm thread pitch is correct.

Some of mine have the yellow thread lock also. I just ignore it and apply a drop of blue too. No harm done.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Some of mine have the yellow thread lock also. I just ignore it and apply a drop of blue too. No harm done.
    There was so much yellow thread lock on a few of the bolts that they were blowing past the 9ft/lb torque recommendations when I tried to reinstall them. Trying to clean them with the wire brush just made it worse.

The 8mm-1.25 die cleaned them up and they look new again.

I bought the matching tap, and will run it through the shafts as well just for completeness.