Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Thinking of selling 6pack and5spot horselink

Been thinking of selling both bike for a 6.6 and 5.5 intense am i crazy

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

In a word, yes

With all vpp bikes, the short pivots cause tremendous pressure on the bearings which cause them to wear out every 3-6 months. They also creak like a mother. Plus the tire clearance is shyte. Think of Turner as a great bike for the long term and vpp bikes as great bikes until you get so furious an pissed with replacing your bearing and all the creaking.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks i was told that the bearing problem was fixed

Now with flavor!!
    I definitely believe the turner counterparts last longer.

I definitely do not believe they ride better.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    so kidwoo 6.6 rides better

Lay off the Levers
    Why chuck both bikes at the same time? If you really feel the urge for a change, swap one and see if it suits your taste. Then follow your heart.

You might want to make a personal list of the things you want to get out of a change. Not what either bike is known for but what YOU want. Then see what fills your bill best.

If you're really uncertain why you want to switch other than you'd like to try something different (nothing wrong with that) maybe get the new frame first, swap the parts over and get to know it before you sell either of your existing frames. This way you have an out regardless of the results.
    Countdown to Whistler 2012...
    July can't come fast enough!

My cup runneth over
    Adding to BZ's list:
    What don't you like about the Turners?
    What is attracting you to the Intenses?

Post the lists and see if you get more comments.

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Dude!!

Quote Originally Posted by ncig
    Let go of them drugs!!!!!

Just kidding.

If you really like Intense then go for it. You could not pay me to ride an Intense. I would follow the wise advise from the other homers. Test ride first. The creaking and bearing problem will drive you crazy. But if you ask the Intense brothers they will tell you how good those bikes are.

I guess it is your money, and your time, so get what ever makes you happy.

I changed my yeti 575 for a Turner 5 spot and I am the happiest man alive!

May be you will be the as happy with a pair of Intenses.
    Sit and spin my ass...

Custom User Title
    Maybe do one at a time? That way if you don't like the VPP you did not totally screw yourself. Oh yeah, my friend loves his 5.5. He went from an FSR to it. It took a while for him to like it though.

... I guess you won't be
    Dood - you're full of it....

I don't believe you are doing anything...go home!
    Yes, we do indeed rock...http://www.myspace.com/spokedrunkies

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by jokermtb
    Dood - you're full of it....

I don't believe you are doing anything...go home!
    I'm thinking "bait" too! Silly question to ask on Turner forum. Lets go see if this was asked on the Intense forum too.

PS: Check this 5.5 or turner5spot horse link

PSI
    I want that one
    if your not just trolling then go ahead. but from riding both brands note that the
    5.5 feels like a flux, the 6.6 like a 5 spot and the VPX like an RFX, so go for 6.6 and VPX and spam your turners on this board and make some true beleivers happy

gravity curmudgeon
    As a cyclist, I would definately be concerned about a horse link.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    TROLL

What the heck's wrong with you? You already own a 6.6 and you're acting like you own Turners and you're getting rid of them for Intense.

Go Away!!!!

It's a shame you bought the Intense..... bad move

mtbr member
    Man, why are trolls so stupid?
    Pearl & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I do own turners have had more then you have had don,t like the new design so was lookihg to make a change have two

mtbr member
    Look at our line of vision, 1 day ago you ask about selling the Turners TO buy a 6.6, 5.5, but, 5 days ago (give or take a few) you post that your Cane Creek DB is on route for your 6.6.
    Pearl & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion

Roy
    mtbr member
    I do own turners have had more then you have had don,t like the new design so was lookihg to make a change have two
    Now my curiousity is piqued - if you don't like the new design, why would you sell the old design? Exactly how does not liking TNT make you want to get rid of the horse link?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    that is a good point the reason i was thinking on selling i get new frame every year and was thinking on trying some thing else and yes i did get a 6.6 was looking to see if anyone else had the same dilema that i was going through and had any helpfull opion not trying to bait anybody i owned about 5 turners over the years and just am getting second thought about my decisions .

... I guess you won't be
    newsflash!

here is a 2007 proto for the Intense 6.66!!!
    Yes, we do indeed rock...http://www.myspace.com/spokedrunkies

mtbr member

Very valid...

that is a good point the reason i was thinking on selling i get new frame every year and was thinking on trying some thing else and yes i did get a 6.6 was looking to see if anyone else had the same dilema that i was going through and had any helpfull opion not trying to bait anybody i owned about 5 turners over the years and just am getting second thought about my decisions .
    Not sure why you are getting such a hard time here, but if you get a new bike every year, and are not a fan (after riding), of the TNT, it would be logical to take a look at other designs. If memory serves, you had both a 6-Pack and a 5-Spot, right? Both in the horst link design? You've been a Turner guy for many years, correct? Hence not a troll? And you've ridden the new TNT, and did not like it, hence looking around for something else?

Here would have been a valid place for you to go if you wanted to get talked out of it, hear some other opinions about the TNT, and state other options you might have. However, here is not a place where you are going to hear the horst link debate anymore, not because YOU are a troll, but because there are plenty of trolls out there who do just try to stir up trouble. IMHO, the Turner faithful are a bit hair triggered on this, understandably and cult-like so. Having ridden all the bikes mentioned, extensively, I can only say that your pack rode as similar to the 5-spot, as the 6.6 would to the 5.5. Hence, if you like your 6.6, but want something a bit lighter, with a bit steeper head angle (than both your 6.6 and your 5-Spot), the 5.5 might be a valid replacement. This is ONLY if you've tried the TNT versions of the Spot and Pack, and are still convinced that you need another direction.

Folks, this isn't abnormal, from what I can tell. Our very unscientific poll a few months back was basically 50/50 for those between wanting to ride the TNT first, and those who said no horst link, no sale. For some reason, that horst had a lot of people by the nuts....so to speak.

banned
    jokermtb, regarding this one...

I hear that Tony E is going to sue Intense for copying his suspension design and bottom bracket height and weld beads

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Is that an ID? I heard that it had a high bottom bracket.

Roy
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    Not sure why you are getting such a hard time here, but if you get a new bike every year, and are not a fan (after riding), of the TNT, it would be logical to take a look at other designs.
    If someone gets a new bike every year, why would they consider going from an HL Turner to a non-HL Turner? You could just swap the rear triangle and save yourself mucho headaches. This makes even less sense.

Mt Wilson Motoboy
    Anyone wanna buy a period? Got some capital letters for sale too!
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]"My people are the people of the dessert!"
    said T.E. Lawrence picking up his fork...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast