Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

New question here. Thinking of getting a 6-Pack or 5Spot

I'm looking at getting a Turner 5spot or 6pack, Is there any highly recommended places that i can get a demo from? (in Reading, UK) any other comments or advice are very welcome as well.

I am replacing my '04 Spesh Enduro - it's just to short in the reach / 'toptube'. I am 5'10" but have a long body and short legs.
    I like the turner '05 models. My mates' 5spot is a slightly short (in his set-up) , but not in the same way as my enduro feels, in which i can't get a comfortable reach and have to rest on my hands (I feel like i am hanging over my front wheel upside down off my bars at times ).
    However, the 6pack has a little extra reach and a lower top tube. At least it appears so, from a piccy from another post on here: Long Strange Trip...AKA The "FrankenTurner" , comparing a large 5spot and a medium 6pack), but i have not actually got to swing a leg over it yet.
    I am leaning towards the 6pack now especially as i am not a very lean *cough*cough* rider and like the idea of a nore rugged frame at not to much extra weight. It's going to be used for all day trail riding and 'sensible' drops and jumps.

What say you all?...

banned
    Adding one more to the mic:

The 5 Pack (or RF5)? That's the RFX front triangle with the 5 Spot rear end.

Now with flavor!!
    I can say that a medium, older style enduro is longer in the front than a medium 5-spot. I've only seen two 6 packs in person and never got to ride one so that's as far as my highly useful contribution goes.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've only seen two 6 packs in person and never got to ride one
    based on your past posts, I'd say this qualifies you for expertise on a 6-Pack / RFX.

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzostrike
    based on your past posts, I'd say this qualifies you for expertise on a 6-Pack / RFX.

Exactly my point in my first post!!

Pure genius!!

Please enlighten regarding past posts.......
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

banned

Pure genius!!

Careful! You might incite a detour into jaded politics!

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Adding one more to the mic:

The 5 Pack (or RF5)? That's the RFX front triangle with the 5 Spot rear end.
    Yulp. Patiently awaiting my RFX front tri................
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Outcast
    Originally Posted by kidwoo:

Just an observation, and a question; Gonzo, what life experiences and qualifications do you have to explain your expertise on all subjects talked about in the politico-social-economic-religion forum?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    High Gruff,a fellow Berkshire Turner owner!!!
    "Mountain Trax" in Wokingham have a medium 5Spot demo & they have Pack & Spot
    frames in stock.Very helpfull staff,well worth a visit.
    What ever you decide you wont be disappointed, only thing to remember is that the Spot
    is more than enough for the majority of UK trails,Pack might be overkill !!!

banned
    ...and then there's the 5 Pack in between...

banned

Pure genius!!

you are beyond enlightenment, given your "freeride superhero" status, and your "DH racing king" status. you are the source of all wisdom. whatever you say is true. that's what I'm saying.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade

Just an observation, and a question; Gonzo, what life experiences and qualifications do you have to explain your expertise on all subjects talked about in the politico-social-economic-religion forum?
    what issue, smartarse? bring up the issue, we can discuss it. that is, if you have sound reasoning and aren't afraid to have me destroy your idiotic comments that border on embarrassing the whole human race.

PS: what does your weaksauce pseudo-analogy have to do with Kidwoo's moronic egomania, and why are you defending him?

Now with flavor!!
    you are beyond enlightenment, given your "freeride superhero" status, and your "DH racing king" status. you are the source of all wisdom. whatever you say is true. that's what I'm saying.

Thanks for the titles. But flattery does not excuse you from as$hole status unfortunately.

So let's refresh titman:
    I've only seen two 6 packs in person and never got to ride one so that's as far as my highly useful contribution goes
    You'll note some information in the first part of the sentence regarding my lack of experience. What you'll find equally as noteworthy is the second half........sarcasm......denoting the uselessness of the first clause. This tidbit was of course offered up freely on my part.

I appreciate the opportunity to restate the obvious for you. Anything else I can clear up?

banned
    Does this always happen when Gonzostrike joins a thread?

No, that's not phonetic
    Jerry Springer ain't got nuthin' on the Turner board!
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

banned
    Hey Kidwoo,
    Wasn't a new avatar on the way?

Outcast
    what issue, smartarse? bring up the issue, we can discuss it. that is, if you have sound reasoning and aren't afraid to have me destroy your idiotic comments that border on embarrassing the whole human race.

PS: what does your weaksauce pseudo-analogy have to do with Kidwoo's moronic egomania, and why are you defending him?
    Gonzo, I have no interest in getting involved in those idiotic arguements that you and your friends at that forum have. My perception of that whole gig is that it gives you all a chance to insult and talk smack to each other, in a safe internet way, and that somehow serves you. Knock yourself out. The weaksauce analogy I was making is that your opinions expressed in that forum have as much expertise as kidwoo has with 6 pack/RFX's. I am not defending Kidwoo, he is quite capable of defending himself.

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Hey Kidwoo,
    Wasn't a new avatar on the way?
    Workin on it.

My girlfriend is the design wiz. I'm at her mercy.

(hey gonzo my girlfriend's really a boy!!! yay it's funny even after 6th grade!!!!)

banned
    You know, if you all met in person, you'd probably sit down with a beer and have a great ride.

I wonder where I've heard that one before.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Jerry Springer ain't got nuthin' on the Turner board!
    I almost never wander over to the 29er board, but they've got something much better going on today. Here are some of the main threads; I like the last one best (titled "I am a whiny little jerk"):
    Walt Works frame NOT right - public challenge to Walt
    The 514Climber Apology to Walt Works Thread
    I am a whiney little jerk..

There's probably more of them by now, too.

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade

He's an omnipotent alien being disguised as an old fat man from Montana sent to this Earth for the last 500 years to observe mankind and document the ways of our civilization............

.........he's very experienced and qualified.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Elvis
    I almost never wander over to the 29er board, but they've got something much better going on today. Here are some of the main threads; I like the last one best (titled "I am a whiny little jerk"):
    Walt Works frame NOT right - public challenge to Walt
    The 514Climber Apology to Walt Works Thread
    I am a whiney little jerk..

There's probably more of them by now, too.
    Should have seen the Titus board a couple days ago. That was a blowout there. Can't take any criticism at all, then they misquote like there's no tomorrow.

Did I hear "Jerk"?

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by eo
    He's an omnipotent alien being disguised as an old fat man from Montana sent to this Earth for the last 500 years to observe mankind and document the ways of our civilization............

.........he's very experienced and qualified.
    I don't know who to believe; gonzo himself says he's an irish catholic from washington d.c.
    Oh wait, gonzo said that...... I believe you EIO.

banned
    You know, after reading the political thread gonzo is in battle on as we type, I am going to say he's basically not worth the attention. I don't even hold out hope that this guy can put away enough of his anger issues to ride and have a beer with you guys:

Seems like...

Kind of scary.

Outcast
    All those threads in that forum are, to use one of gonzo's favorite words, pathetic. Funny thing is, gonzo is a well educated person. But my observation of those threads is that all the folks involved in them just insult each other. There is no discussion. They are like 4th graders with a college vocabulary.
    Chances are Gonzo wouldn't like the ale I like anyway, and if he did, he would deny it, and insult my tastes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast