Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Neg reppers r my biatches

They call me FoMer

While they are pretty crappy pics (minus the ones Chad sent to me), they will make due. The 4 kids fighting sure didnt help.

Good news is that bike weighs more than originally stated (Chad, check your scale). Went by my local shop tonight to let my buddy check it out and without pedals we weighed it on the digitcal scale and it came in at 34.3 lbs! So with pedals, which arrived later by email in a separate shipment from Chad, total weight is actually 35.7 lbs Like I said, sub 35 lb bikes are for biatches.

There are indeed some budget / generic parts which helped keep the cost at a few hundred bucks less than some lame-asss of the shelf Specialized Stumpjumper Pro. They include Deore front der, X7 shifters and rear der, generic chain and cassette, along with Hone cranks. All these parts are more than fine and I particularly like the 2-ring Hone cranks, very cool.

Previously posted wheel pics. powdercoated 5.1 rims with I9 hubs/spokes using 20mm front hub and 10mm rear hub using a Hadley 10mm x 135mm thru axle.

M6 caliper. Hey, I am a good 175 lbs so what the heck

Other side of caliper

Asss shot courtesy of Chad

My inspiration from Crazy Fred

You can see here some more Hope red bits....red reservoir caps and levers

Final Redbarn test ride photo sent to me by Chad

crappy inside garage pic

and outside garage pic

and a parting shot from Chad...thanks. it turned out exactly like I had hoped.

not so super...
    LOL.

No pedals - you didn't even ride it. Loser! I love the CUSTOM spring.

Congrats Fo.
    Last edited by SSINGA; 11-17-2006 at 08:30 PM.
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    the red/white/black color coordination came out pretty well, but that blue DHX reservoir ruins everything. i suggest you hack off the reservoir with some bolt cutters. or buy a zocchi shock in red/black.

long standing member
    Nasty looking, Fo...very nice. Too pretty to ride. Which works out, b/c you don't really ride anyway, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    LOL.

No pedals - you didn't even ride it. Loser!

Congrats Fo.
    ha ha...I know. Chad forgot the pedals with the rest of the bike which came via FedEx. But the pedals came this afternoon in the mail so its all good in the hood will ride potentially tomorrow and Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    Nasty looking, Fo...very nice. Too pretty to ride. Which works out, b/c you don't really ride anyway, right?
    correct sir! I never ride. Riding is gheyer than building ghey bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm undecided on the bar but the bike looks great. It's quite meticulouly pimped out and should be fun to ride if you decide that's what you need to do with it. Good job!

Looks like it's cooling down where Chad is.

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider
    ...that blue DHX reservoir ruins everything.
    I agree. He's got to get one of these:

The red will go...the little bit of yellow in the graphics will match the yellow "maxxis.com" on the tires.

No, that's not phonetic
    That thing looks just schweeeet! Nice rig, man.

And remember, if you ever wanted to drop one or two pounds, you could just strip all that paint.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

involuntary dismounter
    that's a pretty sweet ride you've got yourself there!
    you boys are even winning me over to the white components side...seeing as it is the new gold and all!
    nicely done!
    Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

Displaying UGI Symptoms
    FO-MER - you have stolen the title as King Of Bling from Trailadvent! Now let's see some ride pics that stack up to his. The I9's, DT Rims, Zoke Fork, Diety Front & Red Hope Parts all around are all off the hook! and oh ya - NICE FRAME! My only concern is that spring. Unfortunately, while it is "Custom", the "Crazy Fred Inspired" white spring no longer impresses the homers. But have no fear, once the white gravity dropper boot is installed the white spring will just blend in perfect!

Congratulations on the Budget 06 RFX Bling Machine! It's a beauty!
    [SIZE="3"]24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
    - Stephen Wright
    [/SIZE]

Silence and Thunder...
    That's a 'happy' looking machine dude!

It's custom, that's for sure...nice job!
    Now you just need to scrape those stickers off the rims and git it dirty!

Report back on those AD tires...I want more opinions...
    ...every day sends future to past...

mtbr member
    Fo.....i'm glad the bike made it to you safe and sound. It looks better leaning against a wall in your garage than those boring pics that i sent to you. I'm a little worried about the weight....if my scale was off a pound and a half on your bike then i wonder how much my 38 pound Knolly REALLY weighs !! ; )

have a good ride !

Chad
    Last edited by nwmtb; 11-17-2006 at 09:11 PM.

Custom User Title
    Very nice! The black frame with white parts is a really cool twist on the new white craze! Awesome bike!

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    our little candy stiper has now officially arrived! welcom to the big show at long last fo derek! im sure yer royal homerness will be missed sometime next month when another lucky homer owns it.

on a slightly more serious note, the bike looks outstanding and the new bar has been set. i dont think ill get a single no vote on that. just need to finish it off with fully bling drivetrain to really earn yer crown of queen homer. congrats on a long and tough battle gettin it done. woops, that last comment was meant for chad.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Quote Originally Posted by nwmtb
    Fo.....i'm glad the bike made it to you safe and sound. It looks better leaning against a wall in your garage than those boring pics that i sent to you. I'm a little worried about the weight....if my scale was off a pound and a half on your bike then i wonder how much my 38 pound Knolly REALLY weighs !! ; )

have a good ride !

Chad
    LOL....you know, the bike does not feel heavy at all. Though they do have a digital scale and my last bike they weighed was exactly the same weight as my friends scale so who knows.....

I am out in the garage COMPLETELY lost on how to setup with the DHX coil.....though I probably wont know if i do it wrong anyway

aka Dick Dangle

candy cane

I like the Candy cane parts,looks great can I try it out for xmas.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

unbelievable

I've followed Fo's bike building chronicles over the last two years, and I'm speechless.

Fo was the inspiration for me to get silver cranks, seatpost, and stem ... Fo had style. What happened? Did Fo land on his head? Is Fo crazier than Fred himself? Dayum.

Well, my prediction is the Shizzled one is going to get taunted by the kids in his neighborhood, if not his own kids, about how ghey the bike is, and unable to escape on his 35lb+ bike will wisen up and put it on EBay. I predict the I9's will end up on another bike with a more genteel build, but the rest is destined for the parts bin.

I gotta go play with my gravity dropper.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    I am out in the garage COMPLETELY lost on how to setup with the DHX coil.....though I probably wont know if i do it wrong anyway.
    fo, try this and this. im only 165 and theres probobly better info out there but i knew where to find these. itll get ya started.
    No, I'm NOT back!

FM
    luxatio erecta
    I usually don't give a ratz azz about bike aesthetics, but I gotta admit, thats a good looking ride! I am not so sure about the spring though....

You need a wig and white patent leather jump suit to go with that rig

Lay off the Levers

What, no couch?

Geeze walk away from the keyboard and I totally miss Fo's coming out of the closet party!

Schmooooooooove move man. Me likey, me likey longtime.
    Congrats on picking it up afterall!
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

~~~~~~~~
    please go get that bike dirty...

hey, is that a med. cage x-7?

SASQUATCH!
    Verrry nice ride Fo. Be sure to post the "6 months later...." shots. I want to see that thing dirty too.

Sorry if this was detailed elsewhere, but what kind of half-length grips are those? The only ones I've found are the yeti's.

thats right living legend
    Bike looks great man. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it?

Except for the fact that the rims and tires kinda remind me of whatever those shoes are called that cousin Eddy gave Clark Grizzwald?

Just roll it......
    Sccchhhwwwwiiiinnngggggggg! Nice rig, Fo.

EB

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast