mtbr member

Is there a flexible/goose neck grease gun?

I'd like to be able to grease the zerks on my Turners without removing the wheels and shock. Is there such a thing?
    Thanks
    SBob
    We told you 650b rocks! Riding converted RFX for years!

Brass Nipples!
    The one sold on the Turner website has a bent nozzle to accomplish just that.

http://www.turnerbikes.com/Merchant2...ry_Code=HDWARE
    Attached Images Attached Images
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member

Doh!

Thanks!

Bob The Sponge
    We told you 650b rocks! Riding converted RFX for years!

No, that's not phonetic
    I just carefully bent my own long-neck needle. Start there if you have one. The short needles obviously won't help.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Brass Nipples!
    Thus is exposed the difference between the real mechanic and the guy with money to buy all the tools he wants. I'd bend a greasegun nozzle, but tscheezy's prowess with a dremel tool is legendary, as are his frankenbiking abilities. If something doesn't work, making it work seems to be half the fun for him.

Tscheezy reminds me of the mechanic at our local bike shop who taught me much of what I know about bikes. He could have been one of the guys in Cuba fixing '56 Chevys with soup cans and tin snips. His real superiority became evident when he was fixing a 10 year old department store bike that was designed to be disposable. Pry bars, hammers and a bench grinder were all put to use with great results. I miss Vern: he's moved on to a job that paid enough to suppoprt his family.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Lay off the Levers
    I used a rubber mallet and my basement pillar to bend mine. Worked just fine.
    Does that make me a McGuyver too?
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    I used a rubber mallet and my basement pillar to bend mine. Worked just fine.
    Does that make me a McGuyver too?
    Just a difference in approach, I guess. My thought was what's the specific tool designed for the job, not how could someone make what they may already have work.

I McGuyver from time to time, but nothing like tscheezy. For my example, I've got a rigid Pugsley built up like the designers imagined. Tscheezy has a Thudbuster and a Mavic SUC on his, plus he's using some of the Pug bits on a Turner frame. His McGuyvering makes for much better spectating than my conformity.