Thread: Thanks Manitou

Bite Me.

Thanks Manitou

So the Swinger 3-Way Air has always come up last in the shock tests here. I thought mine was OK for racing, but too firm for fun riding on the Burner compared to the Pushed RP3. When I built up my buddy's Burner it came stock with the 3-Way which died about three weeks ago - wouldn't hold air in the SPV chamber. So I set him up with my spare and sent the 3-Way off to Manitou for warranty (even though it's technically an '04 shock). Manitou didn't repair it, they just sent me a brand new 2007 Swinger X3. Looks like a knock off of the RP3 - RP23. No more SPV air valve, it's now precharged at the factory. There's a switch lever to control the platform - 4 settings from wide open to firm/max platform. I haven't mounted it up yet, but I'll try to get a ride on it in the next few days (weather permitting - it's snowing hard now). I'm impressed with Manitou's CS -we'll see if the shock has improved any.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    I wonder if getting a new shock is related to Hayes buying Answer?

rr
    I don't do PC
    Manitou sent me a new '06 last year when the original '04 on the Burner stuckdown, they were great to deal with, unlike Fox.

The '06 rides much nicer than the original for sure, wonder if they will have stuckdown issues also?

Bite Me.
    I think a lot of the stuck down issues were related to bad valving in the SPV chamber. Maybe that's why the 07 version eliminates that external valve. It also made the shock tough to set up for many people - having to set the PSV and then the sag and then tweaking both to find the sweet spot. If you can achieve the firm platform then turn the platform off like they say, this thing should be pretty versatile, though it will spend most of the time in the spare parts bin.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells