Death By Snoo Snoo

Tell me about your DHRs

Hi everyone, long time intense rider who rides an M9. But I am intrigued with the Turner dhr. I was talking to a guy who has an M9 but rode a turner dhr and said it's tendency is to accelerate through the chunk/rocky sections? Is that right? Anyone who has a ridden an M9 and DHR and can give me a fair comparison on how it handles through rocky sections, berms, slow speed techy rock/root sections. Any input would be much appreciated.

RideDirt
    I def would be interested to know as well. .. im seriously thinking about picking up a DHR.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I've had a dw dhr for a couple seasons now. Unfortunately, I can't comment on the M9, as I haven't ridden one. I believe the M9 is regarded as very capable in rough terrain though... certainly ridden with guys on them who carry lots of speed.

To my DHR, I came from a Sunday, and there's no question in my mind that the DHR carries speed better (and I had my Sunday at 63 degrees HA with reducer cups). The DHR is obviously a very low bike, so pedal strikes can be an issue. That said, the DW link allows you to accelerate really quickly. As for rough terrain, the bike definitely carries speed well IMO. Again though, I understand that the M9 does this really well too. I'd say slow sections aren't the greatest because the bike is really slack. Good thing it carries speed so well though, that this isn't often a problem. My setup is at post 175 in this thread 2011 DHR set-ups

I should add that some have found the DHR to be somewhat harsh - Tim Coleman's review on nsmb.com was controversial in this regard. Some said it was down to the shock on the bike, but who knows. Here is that review 2011 Turner DHR Review - REDUX - NSMB.com Mountain Bike Reviews, News, Photo and Video

I for one really love my DHR though. Sorry I can't add comments comparing the two bikes. If you can, I'd definitely recommend you try one. I bet you'd be pretty stoked!