Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
a tale of 2 georges
i just got done messin with some of the new pics from my trip to washington d.c. earlyer this week so i thought id tell the tale of our 1st george spotted within hours of our current george.
the new george flys around town in a helocopter or 2 and on this day we saw both of the marine helos off the patomac river. the old george stands tall and proud to this day, even in the rain. i think hed be dissapointed in the lack of freedom at his feet. todays security is nessesary but at the same time i hate being forced into navigating these walls of reenforced concrete in a once open and free lanscape. very different from the town i last visited. it makes me sad really.
1) the road to pain and beauty. this is the top of a road so steep i had to switchback it in the granny. a real ass kicker and good alps training im told. at 74, dad does intervals here.
2) w gets a little high. 1 of the 2 presidential helos is clear to the eye, the other is almost on the ground to the left.
3) a no bs test mule. this is the enterprise which never flew under its own power. if ya look close youll see some of its leading edges are missing, used for testing awhile back.
4) ouside the new air and space museum. this struck me and i was glad the pic turned out so well. dulles intl airport is off to the left.
5) the better george, if ya ask me. this was taken at about 10pm on a warm but drizzly night on a empty mall durring a 3 hour walk coverin roughly 10 miles. all on a whim.
CC, did ride road or mtb around DC? Cool pics. Hope you had fun.
I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction-B. Hussein Obama
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
nuthin but the blacktop
it was 100% road as it normally is when i ride with dad. hes not down with dirt. and yeah, it was a blast! heres a few more pics and some just for you and yer fellow troops, tanker. thanx again for the work you do.
Originally Posted by tanker7
1) dads digs in arlington. the proud owners show it off.
2) passenger jet on approach to reagan intl airport. the mt vernon bike trail runs right under this spot and ive always liked hangin out here. the planes are almost close enough to touch.
3) the gang at dinner. dad and his wife took me to this killer joint in arlington that served the worst beer ive ever had. i asked for a amber ale and ended up with some crap that started out all fruity then got terribly nutty flavored. i didnt finish it.
4) the korean war memorial at night. fitting that it was in the rain, dont ya think? the last time i was here was durrin the day and it was rainin then too.
5) same place, same time. the point man and his squad. this place gets to me but i like it just the same. plenty moving memorial.
Nice pics CC, the one of the jet on approach reminds me of sittin near the fence at Selfridge ANG watching planes land. It was the same perspective, used to love it. A few friends and I would sit and wait for a squadron of F-16s to land after finishing their touch-n-gos over the water...
Cool pics of the Space museum, would love to see it.