i just got done messin with some of the new pics from my trip to washington d.c. earlyer this week so i thought id tell the tale of our 1st george spotted within hours of our current george.
the new george flys around town in a helocopter or 2 and on this day we saw both of the marine helos off the patomac river. the old george stands tall and proud to this day, even in the rain. i think hed be dissapointed in the lack of freedom at his feet. todays security is nessesary but at the same time i hate being forced into navigating these walls of reenforced concrete in a once open and free lanscape. very different from the town i last visited. it makes me sad really.
1) the road to pain and beauty. this is the top of a road so steep i had to switchback it in the granny. a real ass kicker and good alps training im told. at 74, dad does intervals here.
2) w gets a little high. 1 of the 2 presidential helos is clear to the eye, the other is almost on the ground to the left.
3) a no bs test mule. this is the enterprise which never flew under its own power. if ya look close youll see some of its leading edges are missing, used for testing awhile back.
4) ouside the new air and space museum. this struck me and i was glad the pic turned out so well. dulles intl airport is off to the left.
5) the better george, if ya ask me. this was taken at about 10pm on a warm but drizzly night on a empty mall durring a 3 hour walk coverin roughly 10 miles. all on a whim.
Mtbr's 2016 Winter Biking GearReviews and Roundups
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: a tale of 2 georges