Living the Dream

Swithing from AM1 TST to RC2 or RC2x

Decline just reported on a an aftermarket RC2 cartidge kit upgrade to the Z1s. I am not really happy with the TST in any setting but dwonhill. Are people that have swithced to z1 lights and 66s etc happier with the suspension adjustments? Do you know if the RC2 kits will use the air preload adjustment like the TST? Jayem, SSINGA, El Chingon, Etc appreciate your guys opinion on this. I am interested in the New RS lyric, but I'd like to make my AM1 work out for me if possible.
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

not so super...
    The RC2 from the 06 Z1 light ETA should work and still has the air preload.

The RC2 in my 66 works well, so well that I don't fiddle with my fork settings during a ride anymore. I was constantly flipping the TST switch to match the terrain but don't miss it with the RC2.
    Nothing to see here.

Lay off the Levers
    SS my question is do you notice an improvement between the RC2 and the TST? I ask b/c I generally don't fiddle with the TST settings either, unless I do a smooth standing sprint.(rare)
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Living the Dream

I was just hping to keep the fork plush, but dial out a little of the

Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    The RC2 from the 06 Z1 light ETA should work and still has the air preload.

The RC2 in my 66 works well, so well that I don't fiddle with my fork settings during a ride anymore. I was constantly flipping the TST switch to match the terrain but don't miss it with the RC2.
    brake dive. For my personal preference, there is a too big of difference between the settings on the TST. I have been able to find a pretty good compromise be running rebound slower than I prefer. From the Marzocchi website, the RC2 looks like it might fit the bill for me.

"All New RC2 Damping
    The new RC2 damping gives the rider increased trail tunability. It features two separate compression adjustments to tune both position and speed sensitivity. Position sensitive compression can be tuned to give the rider anti-dive tuning. The speed sensitive compression valve gives the rider complete control for bigger drops and hard landings. It allows the rider to tune their fork for all conditions."

SSINGA, what I'm hoping to be able to do is keep the fork plush through 2-3" of travel and then ramp up good for the last three.
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    SS my question is do you notice an improvement between the RC2 and the TST? I ask b/c I generally don't fiddle with the TST settings either, unless I do a smooth standing sprint.(rare)
    Improvement - IMO yes.

I normally ran my TST in the intermediate setting between DH and AM (pre-renegade mod kit v2.0). This gave good damping but brake dive was high and any standing while pedaling caused mucho bounce. The AM and lower settings were harsh on smaller bumps but tuned out the bounce.

The RC2 appears to be much more tune-able, but my fork still needs more break-in and another oil change to make sure that I can evaluate it with out bushing stiction or funky oil.
    Nothing to see here.

Time is not a road.
    Sounds interesting...what kind of costs are you expecting? I know those cartridges aren't too cheap, generally.

Living the Dream

$200 for the RC2

Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    Sounds interesting...what kind of costs are you expecting? I know those cartridges aren't too cheap, generally.

I am kind of waiting to feedback though & some reviews of the new RS Lyric.