Thread: Supergo....???

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Supergo....???

I ordered a burner frame from Supergo.com from the UK earlier in the week but yesterday recieved an email telling me that they now want $170 more to send the frame to the UK.Fair enough $949 is a great price for that frame but its leave's abit of a sour taste in the mouth when they do this now,especially when every other American bike shop seems to charge around the $60-$80 mark for the same service.Am I special or have supergo got a bad rep when it comes to this sort of thing??.
    I'm tempted to just blow a bigger wad on a Blur frame without the feeling I'm being ripped off.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sonny73
    they now want $170 more to send the frame to the UK... ...every other American bike shop seems to charge around the $60-$80 mark for the same service.

Are you talking about the cost of shipping? If so, I would love to know where you are finding these American shops that will ship a frame for $60-$80. I one shipped over last year (to Norway), I had 6 months to get it here and I asked the bike shop to find the best price they could (insured and with a tracking number), and the best they found was $140. That's about half of what it would have cost to ship it myself. So, $170 is perhaps a bit high, but certainly not extreme. What would you have to pay for that frameset in the UK? I'm guessing over $2000? Still seems like a pretty good deal to me.
    Last edited by Tullebukk; 05-09-2004 at 05:20 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Yes you are right Supergo are charging $170 for shipping. I to have ordered a Burner from them, but be aware they are very bad at processing international orders. I've been waiting 2 months and have got more information from Turner than Supergo regarding delivery dates.

Anyway the reason they charge so much for shipping is that they use Fedex which is fully insured and you get a shipping number. My mate has just bought a Mountain Cycle Slix from GreenFish and they only charged him $60. You dont get a shipping number and it goes by US Postal and had a delivery time of 10 to 30 days. Fedex delivery times are 7 to 10 days. Basically it must be less hassle for Supergo to use Fedex but you are right it is a pain that the consumer has to pay so much more.

Still a blinding deal for a Burner. Well it will be if Supergo ever get around to sending me one. Another bit of advice don't order any other bits with the frame. If the other bits go out of stock and the frame turns up then they will not send the frame or even put it by until the other goods come in. I had a seat post and frame on order and as the seatpost was out of stock by the time the first shipment of frames came in they sent nothing. Now I have to wait until the next set of frames comes in. Hopefully this will be in the next few weeks but Supergo staff really don't have a clue what they are talking about and are extramely unhelpful. They are very polite mind you. Nice but dim comes to mind.