mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Sunday's ride on the new Flux

Woooohoooo! - That pretty much sums up my feelings after the initial section of downhill that the South Fork Bench Trails begins with. I love how the Flux climbs and handles the twisty singletrack but I have been pleasantly surprised with how well it descends.

I built this bike to use for endurance racing but it is so fun to ride that I know it will get more miles than I originally thought. The Flux feels snappy and quick but not twitchy or nervous. I think the geometry is a great balance for climbing and descending. I only have a couple of "real" rides on this bike so far but I was immediately comfortable on it. Yeah, I am diggin' my new ride!

And yes, this post would be worthless without a few pics.

Mrs. Dave in Driggs and the speedy Kenai

Climbing in the sunshine

South Fork of the Snake River

Flux in its natural habitat
    Last edited by Dave in Driggs; 05-15-2006 at 10:39 AM.
    Eat Food. Chop Wood. Ride Bike.

No, that's not phonetic
    Man, that singletrack looks yummmmy. Not a bad scooter either.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Bite Me.
    Beautiful trail - I can't get over how dry you guys are compared to the Colo. high country - we only have one or two trails that are ride-able now. I'm jealous. I was just asked to go on a river trip on the Middle Fork for 7 days (my kayak buddies only love me for my 16' gear raft) - alas I'll be loading moving vans at that time. Nice looking Flux. The stream crossing makes me cringe though - I've recently decided to shoulder the bike across anything deeper than about 6 inches. The water soaking then riding into sand and dust just mangles my usually spotless drive train.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

gravity curmudgeon
    Nice! I stopped by earlier but the pics weren't working then. Figured I'd drop back by later. Glad I did. Great looking flux and love the landscape -- looks familiar.

More and more trails are melting out around here, but there is still plenty of snow in spots at lower elevations and everywhere up high. I had to carry my bike over about a quarter mile stretch of snow covered trail last weekend, and that was only at about 6500 feet of elevation.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Yeah, I was struggling with the pics earlier. I ended up using Imageshack instead of the mtbr gallery and it worked after that.

The elevation here in Teton Valley, ID is 6200' and most of our trails are still too wet or snowy. The South Fork Bench trail is over in Swan Valley and averages about 4900' in elevation. It is always the first trail to dry in the spring and it has little of everything...steep climbs, buffed dirt sections, and loose rocky sections.

Quote Originally Posted by cowDawg
    Nice! I stopped by earlier but the pics weren't working then. Figured I'd drop back by later. Glad I did. Great looking flux and love the landscape -- looks familiar.

More and more trails are melting out around here, but there is still plenty of snow in spots at lower elevations and everywhere up high. I had to carry my bike over about a quarter mile stretch of snow covered trail last weekend, and that was only at about 6500 feet of elevation.
    Eat Food. Chop Wood. Ride Bike.