mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Sultan to Burner experiences

I'm considering getting a Burner, been on a Sultan for 3 years. I'd like to hear more from those who have done this and the outcome. Positives and negatives.

Does keeping both make sense?--seems to be a lot of overlap in intended purpose, but maybe they ride differently enough..

TIA-ripley

Wicketed
    I can't really speak from a great deal of experience...but anyway...both were hire bikes when I was in Colorado in the spring. I'm not some pro-core reviewer but I've been riding bikes a long time.

I rode the Sultan first, great bike, pedalled well, was a lot quicker than I expected such a leviathan to be, and I'd be happy if it was my only bike. Yeah, you could say it was long and turned a bit slower, but for most trails and most riders I think you adapt your lines and body movement to overcome this kind of thing. It is certainly nothing to stop me thinking 'wow, another fantastic Turner..they always get it just right for intended purpose'. Loved it.

Then I rode the Burner. FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
    'I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell that rings, and things to make it look good' - Syd B