Lay off the Levers

Stuff and junk (2nd ride thoughts)

No big revelation, no killer shots but I couldn't find an appropriate thread to add onto so what the heck, there aren't too many new threads today.

I'm loving my RFX more and more. I really like the geometry and I've been using the 66SL at full extention. It does not seem to bother me on steep techy climbs at all. It's been plush and smooth. and this is only the second ride.
    Some lame timer shots:

Nice roller:

Nicer Roller... the camera doesn't show but this is pretty much the only line. Everyting to the right is knarly and off camber. Who knows though I may try to move it over some more.

This is a drop I've been promising myself I'd do once I got the right ride for the job. Too bad the timer sequence missed it. I dropped it nicely three times in a row. I also tried to shoot it 3x.

Okay how many CCU's was this?

Then the camera battery died. Too bad I hit some other great stuff. Next time I'll ride w/a group and a fresh charge!
    Anyway I continue to be impressed at how this setup grips the trail and the confidence it inspires. The GD is such a blast! I can drop the seat instantly and that allows me to stay more forward and lower over the bike. I feel more "in" the bike than on it. The 1" drop is a major boon to keeping speed in tight and techy stuff. The best part is I can stay over the bike, lean it real hard and really rip into the corners.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Bikezilla; 05-13-2006 at 05:36 PM.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

banned
    Very nice. I'll be heading to Blue in the morning. An off chance I'll be lazy and Sprain it.

mtbr member
    BZ

I took mine (six pack) up to Ninham with Fatty on Thursday for a three hour tour. I am sure you saw his pics on the forum. he was blasting everything in sight. I still have some dailing to do on the DHX. Needs more preload. This bike is incredible on the flats and pointed down. I noticed that if you can push the middle ring through climbs it is much smoother than the granny. Very confidence inspirig. All in all I need much more dial time on this bike. It does not seem to be "point and shoot" like spot. I have some cockpit adjustments to make for starters.

Chris

PS We got to get out and blast around Blue together. Maybe one of MTV's Blue Plate Specials or next weekend ...

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Nice twelve-footer (CCU)!

I'm loving my RFX, too, but when I get on the Spot, I love it too. Different horses for different courses, and all that.
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

Lay off the Levers
    Hey Chris
    It looks like I hit the setup lottery b/c P&S is exactly what I got. My only dial-in trouble is finding a reason to change something. I'm actually as impressed with the climbing as I am the decending. Even though we ride the same trails, you and I have a lot of differences. I'm much taller than you and yet I'm riding a smaller frame (Lg me XL you) but I can feel a whole lot more room in the cockpit vs. my Lg Spot even with the same stem and bars. I also like to run a more active setup than you. It will be very interesting to compare setups when we hook up. I'll be doing sunset rides during the week.

I saw the pix of your Ninham run. Photographically induced testosterone. I can't wait to do some of that stuff!

JC enjoy Blue tomorrow. The trails are in superb condition. Be sure to hit Monster, MFT and the newly extended Stinger. Neds is really rocky and washed out so it's an excellent climbing challenge.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Zilla

Thursday if the weather is nice we have an 8:00 pm festival planning meeting at the trail lodge (Blue Mountain) Going to be a 6 pm ride on the 6 pack !!!!

Meet at the lodge.

Chris

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Sorry to say Fluxer didnt do so well at Blue yesterday. Did the whole place myself, as I got there too late to catch the Faction. The place was just soaked and traction was at a huge premium. As such, I dabbed and hiked more than I would have liked.

Cranking the Reba open all the way really throws the bike off, IMHO. 100-110mm is where its best. Go higher than that and things get weird, handling-wise.

We really need a Turner gathering..between Zilla, me, JC and Chris. Maybe at the Fat Tire Fest on
    6/4? We at least need to grab a pics of all the bikes lined up to post here!