mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Stinger Disc Brake Adaptor?

I have an older (01?) Turner Stinger frame. The rear seatstay has a single threaded hole where I assume you'd install a disc brake adaptor. Any idea where I can find this adaptor?

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack

heres a solution

i dont think thats a adapter mount point but i may be wrong. however, this may be of some help. as far as i know, the stinger, like early burners, were not designed around disc brakes. this does not nessesaraly mean one cant be safely mounted. ive done so on a '96 burner with outstanding results. can you do the same with a stinger? dunno. all depends on tube structure and theres one man who can say yes or no. ask david turner dt@turnerbikes.com . if he says go, ill reccomend what he reccomended to me.

woodman components disco system disc brake adapter http://www.woodmancomponents.com/pro...scosystem.html aprox $110 and disco rear hub aprox $65. ive run mine for well over a year without issue in a variety of conditions and performance requierments with a avid bb7 brakeset.

according to turner, its the only system of its kind that doesnt break off the brake boss from the shockstay. if you decide to use this method, i may be prepared to part with mine now that i have a flux and a rfx frankenframe with disc tabs. the burner is being rebuilt to original spec and hung on a wall. well, after i take it for one final ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No, I'm NOT back!

hipneck
    Jan 2004

pretty sure you can...

get an adaptor from Turner. Does it have another hole below the threaded one thats not threaded? If so you're in luck. The adaptor has one threaded hole and one unthreaded hole. This is how my 99 o2 was.

RaD
    Trampelpfadbenutzer
    I think we talk about this adaptor in the picture.You should contact Turner if they have any left.Good luck.

Later
    RaD
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Yep - that looks like what I need. I'll email Turner and see if they have any left.

Thanks everyone for the help!