Bon Vie

Idea! Stickers........solution

I have used a couple of coats of clear high-gloss polyurethane with great success. As the red, silver and blue already have a sheen this will cause no problems. I haven't seen a black up close to know whether it has a glossy finish or not. Use a 1" brush and make all strokes in the same direction (please do not glop it on.......). Have fun and no more sticker worries.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Or do what I did...

Take them off. Stickers which come from the factory already peeling don't deserve to be on the bike.

I figure if Dave Turner really wanted me to have the stickers on the bike he would have made them actually adhere to the frame

Pretty understated look w/o the stickers. I like it.

Dave

BSG
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

How to take off stickers

Can you Just peel off the Turner stickers or is it covered with something? I think the blk 5 spot would look better without the silver stickers. Thanks for any input
    BSG

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Several ways...

I personally just peeled them off and then used goo-off (or somesuch) to remove the residue. I've heard people have had very good luck with using a hair-dryer to heat them up and then peeling them off.

Good luck.

Dave

dressed to play

blow dry

Hair dryer works a treat, just peels right off. I agree with MightySchmoePong, bike looks good without stickers.

Resists temptation to post pic

otb club member

I regretted same method in the past....

Quote Originally Posted by PoKev
    I have used a couple of coats of clear high-gloss polyurethane with great success. As the red, silver and blue already have a sheen this will cause no problems. I haven't seen a black up close to know whether it has a glossy finish or not. Use a 1" brush and make all strokes in the same direction (please do not glop it on.......). Have fun and no more sticker worries.
    Used clear coat paint to keep crappy stickers on my Homegrown. The overlap clear on the frame cannot be easily removed without dulling the paint. If you never change your mind about the decals, maybe you won't mind. I still had trouble with one of the corners coming up and when I removed the sticker, I had to deal with the clearcoat outline on the frame. Since Turner will provide replacement stickers, you could always keep some spares on hand and change them occasionally.

-Chris
    http://www.enduroforkseals.com/