mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Steelset on a Burner

Hi all,

I have an ovalized headtube on my Burner. Yup, sad day. I'm not too happy about using a beer can shim, so I'm thinking of going the route of a CK Steelset. That being said, is it possible? Thank you in advance.

Andrew

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by drgthumbs
    Hi all,

I have an ovalized headtube on my Burner. Yup, sad day. I'm not too happy about using a beer can shim, so I'm thinking of going the route of a CK Steelset. That being said, is it possible? Thank you in advance.

Andrew
    Did you check with Turner to see if the ovalized tube is covered by waranty? If not, the steelset does insert about 3 times deeper, so it would likely fix your problem.

You will probably never be able to get the sucker out once it's installed. You might also consider a less expensive deep insert headset.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

JB Weld

Take Bobs suggestion and go for a cheap long skirt headset, and if you want insurance use some JB weld when installing it. Sorry to say ovalizing is a hard use issue not a manufacturing defect, so no warranty.Many miles down the road you can trade it in and get $600 credit against a new frame.

DT