Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Custom bike love.
    Jan 2013
    The ano stealth look is so badass! WANT!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I am not sure if this has been asked before; but what is the wheel base of your Burner?

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by JTBAZ View Post
    I am not sure if this has been asked before; but what is the wheel base of your Burner?
    46.25" for my large Burner

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 1soulrider View Post
    46.25" for my large Burner
    ohh, you're in some serious shite now , Mister! Dave doesn't hold back that useless info for nothing!
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Nice Burner! Is that Bullards Bar?
    "Got everything you need?"

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
    Nice Burner! Is that Bullards Bar?
    Yep, some of the photos are from Bullards Bar trail. I like to ride out there in the winter, the trails handle rain well and you almost never see anyone.

New shock for the Burner waiting at my doorstep yeasterday. I can't wait to get it on the bike and out on the trails!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Stealth Burner-cc-dba-1.jpg  

The Stealth Burner-cc-dba-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Yep, some of the photos are from Bullards Bar trail. I like to ride out there in the winter, the trails handle rain well and you almost never see anyone.

New shock for the Burner waiting at my doorstep yeasterday. I can't wait to get it on the bike and out on the trails!
    I want to see pics when you get that mounted, I'm really tempted to get one for my spot.

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by AlienRFX View Post
    I want to see pics when you get that mounted, I'm really tempted to get one for my spot.

The Stealth Burner-burner-dba.jpgThe Stealth Burner-burner-dba-2.jpg

Here you go

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    oh man please say it rides like crap, please. wait no tell me the truth! Its just money :-( I can rob a bank.
    Parlee Z5
    Alliance 29er

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Awesome! what frame size, and did you have to grind any of the gusset weld for it to fit?

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by AlienRFX View Post
    Awesome! what frame size, and did you have to grind any of the gusset weld for it to fit?
    No frame mod needed, fits my large just fine. What size frame do you have?

Committed
    So as I get more time on the Burner I am becoming a believer. The ability of this bike to absolutely destroy the trail is impressive. The handling is plenty playful, the bigger wheels and longer wheelbase do not seem to detract from the nimble feeling ride. I have yet to experience the awkward feeling handling that has characterized every 29er I have spent time on.
    The climbing and cornering traction are noticeably improved over my Spot. The increase in roll over in the rough and chunky is a bit more subtle but noticeable. As I have gotten used to the Burner and learned to trust it I find Iím carrying more speed with more confidence through the toughest sections of trail.
    This leads to wanting to go faster and harder and have more fun. Yesterday as I was romping down a particularly fun bit of trail littered with small drops, jumps and rock gardens I heard a bad noise. As I landed off a hip jump there was a loud crack from the rear of the bike.

Looks like Iím off the Burner for a while. The one thing I donít like about the 27.5 wheels is that I donít have any spares. Or enough tires to choose from.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Stealth Burner-lb-rim-1.jpg  

The Stealth Burner-lb-rim-2.jpg  

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Ouch, at least you didn't go down. Something I've noticed on mine is because I can be so agressive current trail conditions mean the Ardent isn't giving me enough grip out back. But I think I'd find another HD too slow when I'm riding to and from the trails on the road.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mtbr member
    Learning a lot following this thread as I'm contemplating buying a Burner.

Thanks,

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    ......Dave doesn't hold back that useless info for nothing!
    Oxymoron?

Didn't believe it so I checked the website. Looks like he's using longer TT's on the Burner compared to the Sultan per size, what's the thinking there??

That's a pretty long wheelbase for a L size "tweener" bike, my XL Covert 29 has the same-46.25". The compact geo has opened my eyes compared to my old V1 Sultan, I used to think the looong TT's were nice but not any longer.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Hmm, I'm very interested in the concept but being a bit of a hack I'm now wondering if there's a fragility issue with the 650 vs. the 26" wheel. Was the hip landing unusually side loaded?

mtbr member
    Prolly more indicative of the Chinese carbon rims than wheel size.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    No frame mod needed, fits my large just fine. What size frame do you have?
    Large 2012 5spot

Yes, that's fonetic
    Oh yeah...forgot about that bit until I rechecked the setup post.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks View Post
    Prolly more indicative of the Chinese carbon rims than wheel size.

Committed
    Yep, this is a problem with the hoop not the wheel size. You get what you pay for...

AlienRFX - you should have no issue fitting the DBA to your Spot.

destination unknown
    May 2008
    1SR, how are you liking the fit of the large Burner compared to your Spot? Are you running the same stem length? I had a chance to ride a large Burner around on the street. It was noticeably longer and the front wheel looked like it was way out in front -- this means not much without getting trail time though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder View Post
    Oxymoron?

Didn't believe it so I checked the website. Looks like he's using longer TT's on the Burner compared to the Sultan per size, what's the thinking there??

That's a pretty long wheelbase for a L size "tweener" bike, my XL Covert 29 has the same-46.25". The compact geo has opened my eyes compared to my old V1 Sultan, I used to think the looong TT's were nice but not any longer.
    I think its because the trend of wider bars / shorter stems = longer TT.

@1soulrider - hows that Cane Creek can working out?

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by LncNuvue View Post
    1SR, how are you liking the fit of the large Burner compared to your Spot? Are you running the same stem length? I had a chance to ride a large Burner around on the street. It was noticeably longer and the front wheel looked like it was way out in front -- this means not much without getting trail time though.
    I have an angelset on my Spot that slacks out the ha to almost the same 66.5 that the Burner sits at. Slack bikes make me happy. The Burner has a 5mm shorter stem and 750mm bars vs the 730mm bars on the Spot.
    Switching between the two bikes is comfortable, the fit is similar enough that there is no feeling adjustment time.
    The Burner's geo & build rewards weight forward aggressive riding, and this is just how I prefer to ride.

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by RipRoar View Post
    I think its because the trend of wider bars / shorter stems = longer TT.

@1soulrider - hows that Cane Creek can working out?
    Exactly right on the wider bars shorter stem deal.

The BDA is pleasing me so for, I love the amount of control built into this shock. As one who likes to fine tune his suspension I don't think it gets any better than the Cane Creek Double Barrel. At this point I only have two rides in on the shock and am early in the tuning stage. With all the available tune options this shock is capable of it will take some time to get it just right.
    I will share my setting as I get them and update everyone on how the shock performs on the Burner.

My cup runneth over
    So as I get more time on the Burner I am becoming a believer. The ability of this bike to absolutely destroy the trail is impressive. The handling is plenty playful, the bigger wheels and longer wheelbase do not seem to detract from the nimble feeling ride. I have yet to experience the awkward feeling handling that has characterized every 29er I have spent time on.
    The climbing and cornering traction are noticeably improved over my Spot. The increase in roll over in the rough and chunky is a bit more subtle but noticeable. As I have gotten used to the Burner and learned to trust it I find Iím carrying more speed with more confidence through the toughest sections of trail.
    This leads to wanting to go faster and harder and have more fun. Yesterday as I was romping down a particularly fun bit of trail littered with small drops, jumps and rock gardens I heard a bad noise. As I landed off a hip jump there was a loud crack from the rear of the bike.

Looks like Iím off the Burner for a while. The one thing I donít like about the 27.5 wheels is that I donít have any spares. Or enough tires to choose from.
    Ugh - sorry to see the wheel carnage there. I don't remember if you had the trail or XC wheels but it does seem to add to the risk of this option (disappointing as I was close to going down this route).

Edit: does it look anything like this on the inside (Heavily ridden on my Spot)?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Stealth Burner-photo-7-.jpg  

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast