mtbr member

Spot shock options - rp3/rp23/dhx-a/push'd?

Im currently pricing up a new spot (correct size this time!) and was wondering which shock would be best for me. I'm 70Kg (~160lb) and ride mainly technical xc but do like to spend some time increasing my jumping skills on the downhills, nothing more than 4ft drops though.

The options to me are: rp3/rp23/dhx-air or coil options. Alternatively the rp3 and rp23 could be push'd. I liked the ease of setting up the rp3 and its 3 simple on-the-fly adjustment. I know the dhx-air does take some more time to set-up properly - but does this shock out-perform the rp3 for all round trail riding?

Any ideas which would suit me best?? (I'll most likely run vanillas or revelations up front.)

thanks in advance

DS
    "to finish first you first must finish" - Mike Hailwood

mtbr member

Dude

For your weight the DHX air should be alright.

If you want to go for sure and not worry about the "stuck down" desease, then get the rp3, send it to push and tell Darren to put a DHX air canister on it for larger volume. That is a kick ass shock for jumping and riding. There are a few thread on the franken shocks....
    Sit and spin my ass...

"Furruccio....Bite Me!"
    Quote Originally Posted by darkside
    The options to me are: rp3/rp23/dhx-air or coil options. Alternatively the rp3 and rp23 could be push'd. I liked the ease of setting up the rp3 and its 3 simple on-the-fly adjustment. I know the dhx-air does take some more time to set-up properly - but does this shock out-perform the rp3 for all round trail riding?

Yeah, good luck with that one. I'm looking for an RP 23 for the spot. Push has been harder than hell to get a hold of lately. I've emailed with no luck. Picked up the phone, as many have suggested, left three messages. No return calls.

I'm thinking of just picking up a DHX air because I can't get hold of these guys. It seems like they are developing a reputation for Not (thanks Shlage) following through. My buddy's been waiting for the DHX coil mod forever.

I don't know, they seem to have had such a good rep, I'm hoping this is a fluke.
    Last edited by Zeke; 05-31-2006 at 02:31 PM.

old and busted
    Sep 2004
    I asked Chad at Red Barn for an RP3 on the Spot I just got. I ended up with an RP23. I love the shock. very easy to use and it rides great.

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke
    Yeah, good luck with that one. I'm looking for an RP 23 for the spot. Push has been harder than hell to get a hold of lately. I've emailed with no luck. Picked up the phone, as many have suggested, left three messages. No return calls.

I'm thinking of just picking up a DHX air because I can't get hold of these guys. It seems like they are developing a reputation for following through. My buddy's been waiting for the DHX coil mod forever.

I don't know, they seem to have had such a good rep, I'm hoping this is a fluke.
    Forget the messages and email, just call until somone picks up.

"Furruccio....Bite Me!"

I have been

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Forget the messages and email, just call until somone picks up.
    Four times this morning alone.

I may just call the Red Barn guy mentioned above and get the RP23 sans Push.

I'm sorry, but I don't think I need to be putting this much effort into making a substantial purchase.

Dishwasher Safe
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke
    It seems like they are developing a reputation for following through.
    Yeah, that's not a reputation you want.

They're a small company with their hands in one-to-many pies. Darren seems like a pretty good guy and I'm sure he is just as frustrated at not being able to get all his projects out. Get the RP23 from Red Barn and send it out to Push when you have some down time...

"Furruccio....Bite Me!"
    Quote Originally Posted by deadbolt
    Yeah, that's not a reputation you want.

They're a small company with their hands in one-to-many pies. Darren seems like a pretty good guy and I'm sure he is just as frustrated at not being able to get all his projects out. Get the RP23 from Red Barn and send it out to Push when you have some down time...

Thanks for pointing out my obvious omission. It's been corrected in the original post.

mtbr member

Yikes!

Hey guys/gals,

Yes, we are experiencing some growing pains here at PUSH. New phones, new network, new software, new employees, loads of training, etc.

Not that I'm making excuses, but I am making changes to ensure that we have the correct resources long term for our customers. The short term problem has already been noted in the fact that it's difficult to get a hold of us here at PUSH these days. Can't apologize enough, because as I've said in the past everyones business and satisfaction is very important to us.

If you do have trouble getting through to me, please feel free to contact/leave messages for Jimmy or Christina. We're all trying very hard to stay on top of our communications with customers.

Darren

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Wink Get R done!

Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND
    Hey guys/gals,

Yes, we are experiencing some growing pains here at PUSH. New phones, new network, new software, new employees, loads of training, etc.

Not that I'm making excuses, but I am making changes to ensure that we have the correct resources long term for our customers. The short term problem has already been noted in the fact that it's difficult to get a hold of us here at PUSH these days. Can't apologize enough, because as I've said in the past everyones business and satisfaction is very important to us.

If you do have trouble getting through to me, please feel free to contact/leave messages for Jimmy or Christina. We're all trying very hard to stay on top of our communications with customers.

Darren

It is summer and you slackers are buzzing around the hills of the front range. Come on, you can tell us, we understand. Maybe you need an operation manager. I would do it for a nice six figure salary By the way, where are the Spot rockers?

Jaybo

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zion Rasta
    For your weight the DHX air should be alright.
    agreed. DHX air is working like a champ under my 155 lbs.

the Fox website walks you through the fix for "stuck down" if that rare occurrence should happen to you. I haven't seen anything like that on mine.

"Furruccio....Bite Me!"

Actions speak louder than words. (or inaction)

Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND
    because as I've said in the past everyones business and satisfaction is very important to us.
    I can appreciate issues as you grow, but even so, you can't neglect your lifeblood. Period.

Sure I'd rather have your shock, but it took too much time and effort for me to get in touch with you guys to acquire it.

I ended up going with a DHX air and bought it in the time it took for me to call and leave Push a message.

Good luck with you "growing pains" and I hope you get things straigtened out in that regard. I'm sure I'll use your services again in the future, it just didn't work out this time.