Thread: Spot 69er?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Spot 69er?

Got a friend who has become a 69er nut. He's wondering what the combined genius of the Homer Nation thinks about a DW Spot 69er.

I'm thinking the geometry might be pretty close with a 120 mm 29er fork.

I'm a 29er guy through and through these days, but he is pretty determined to go the 69er route, so we don't need to have that debate!
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo
    I'm thinking the geometry might be pretty close with a 120 mm 29er fork.
    Yeah, a Fox f29 120 would have a 25mm shorter A2C than the 160mm forks that seem to work pretty well on the new Spot, so that would go a long way towards compensating for the ~1.25 higher axle. Still, I don't know what a ~67 degree head tube angle would feel like steering wise with a 29" front wheel and 26" rear wheel though.

Definitely not my cup of tea, but the Spot (with it's lowish BB height and steepish HTA, IMO) seems as good as any FS bike to try it on.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I'm not sure exactly what perceived problem he is trying to solve. Hopefully, he will come to his senses and just go Sultan by the time he pulls the trigger (maybe this spring).

Maybe some others will chime in (nudge, nudge).
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.