mtbr member

Sportworks T2 anti-wobble bolt fix?

Hey Homers,

I did some searching of the forums on this topic, but I didn't find any solutions. I'm here to ask the group with the most knowledge....

I have a Sportworks T2 (pre-Thule) racks with the anti-wobble bolt. This rack has been lovingly carrying my Spot for the past year-and-a-half attached to my 2003 Tacoma. A week ago, I traded in my Taco for a 2006 4Runner. The factory 4Runner hitch is too short and the anti-wobble bolt sits outside the reciever (the old, common complaint).

Has anyone come up with a solution for this problem? Is there a way to lengthen the bolt internally so that the anti-wobble feature sits inside the hitch? Any ideas? Or, is the anti-wobble feature just not really neccessary?

Thanks!
    Mike

mtbr member
    Same issue with my Nissan Titan. I've considered extending the receiver by welding on a section of tube steel, but I've never gotten around to doing it. I've also considered having another hole drilled 1" further into the receiver, but didn't want the rack or the bikes on it to sit any closer the tailgate. At the end of the day it'd be nice for the rack to sway a bit less, but I've really never viewed it as a big enough problem to do anything about it. Keep us posted if you decide to do anything.

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    I have both the T2 and a Nissan Titan also. I don't usually bother with the rack but I did use it once when I hauled more than 2 bikes just to kep them seperate and I can't remember noticing any more or less sway. The only thing I can think of to try would be to use a thicker and lager diamater washer on each side.

Good luck
    Mark