3 "fiddy" for short

Speedplay Drillium pedals: Anyone?

I am looking for some new pedals and like what these have to offer. They have a nice bearing setup and an external grease port for easy lubing. Im curious if anyone else has has the chance to use them and what were your thoughts.

Here they are.

... I guess you won't be
    I looked at those and almost bought them new, at a bike show for about 50 bux....they have a really nice big wide platform area, good pin distribution, and nice spinning bearings, but they are actually kinda heavy when you compare them to a Tioga MX Pro [pretty much the best platform ever made!]....which I ended up buying for my second pair of pedals [to go along with my origional set of mx pros....] The grease port is somewhat superflous, since it's no big deal to pull the end nut and jam in some fresh grease once a year.....

and, don't even think of buying the Crank Bros. 5050 pedals...they look great but the sux azz....I put them on my drunk nite bar cruiser.....

most riders will agree, the tioga is the shiznit!
    Last edited by jokermtb; 03-11-2007 at 08:35 PM.
    Yes, we do indeed rock...http://www.myspace.com/spokedrunkies

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by jokermtb
    and, don't even think of buying the Cook Bros. pedals...they look great but the sux azz....I put them on my drunk nite bar cruiser.....
    Do you mean the Crank Bros. 50/50s? I have heard mixed reviews on those as well....

My fav. platforms are the Shimano DX and the Specialized LoPros.

Specialized makes better parts and tires than bikes...
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

Anytime. Anywhere.
    I wanted platforms last year but knew nothing about what makes a good one. I emailed Larry and asked for a good quality pair that were reasonably priced. He sent me the Tioga MX Pro's.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
    Tioga MX Pro's.
    Oh, goody. More research. Time to look at the Tioga's.

Captain Underpants
    Quote Originally Posted by be350ka
    I am looking for some new pedals and like what these have to offer. They have a nice bearing setup and an external grease port for easy lubing. Im curious if anyone else has has the chance to use them and what were your thoughts.

Here they are.
    Man, it looks like those things could be used for making waffles . . .

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Drivel
    Man, it looks like those things could be used for making waffles . . .
    Dual prupose. When I tell my wife that I am going to buy a new waffle maker she cant give me any grief.

... I guess you won't be
    those Drilliums are really nice pedals, and you would be very happy with them....I just think the tioga is a better pedal for pretty much the same cash....either way, you'll be happy.
    Yes, we do indeed rock...http://www.myspace.com/spokedrunkies

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    Those pins look a heck of a lot like my Azonic A-frame pins. So what are the pins called in Ace hardware lingo? I need to get some replacements.

I think the main aspects that these pedals share is the concave surface and the sharp, screw in pins. These features make them grip really well. But before the pins die a brutal nasty death, they like to maul any exposed flesh on your leg.