Thread: SPaaNB sold?

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack

SPaaNB sold?

ive got 1 of our own interested and 3 more offers. the offers have me a bit worried though. the emails are just a tad off kilter and im nervous. they seem to be from out of country and wanna pay via certified check. they are representing a "client" and want my home address and phone number so they can have their own shippin agent pick it up at my house. kinda a wacky coincidence and very different from what id expect. the emails come from danny ray, larry chandler and frank paul. should i be afreared? my thought is to demand we use paypal and ship ups to see what shakes out. thoughts?
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Scam

That certified check stuff sounds like a scam.

a tight kick sound
    Stick with one of yer own!!!!
    Those others are scams for sure Anything I get that says they will have a second party come to my house.....uuuuhhhh...NO THANKS!!

I am guessing you already knew that though and were just funnin us

Great news that you are able to move the beauty so fast though!
    Cheers to that!

Booner

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yeah, I know you already know that those scammers are just that. Stick with yer own and you will keep it in the family- basically.

mtbr member

Read This

Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    ive got 1 of our own interested and 3 more offers. the offers have me a bit worried though. the emails are just a tad off kilter and im nervous. they seem to be from out of country and wanna pay via certified check. they are representing a "client" and want my home address and phone number so they can have their own shippin agent pick it up at my house. kinda a wacky coincidence and very different from what id expect. the emails come from danny ray, larry chandler and frank paul. should i be afreared? my thought is to demand we use paypal and ship ups to see what shakes out. thoughts?
    CC, assuming you are being serious here--

The checks ARE MOST DEFINITELY A SCAM. I work for a bank, and have a drawer at my desk with about 6 or 7 'certified' / 'cashiers' / 'official' checks from just the past few months. 1 or 2 are for cars that my clients were selling, and a shipping agent was to pick up once my client wired some money. Client would have been out the car and the $$ if they didn't have the sense to ask me.
    IF you are in any doubt, scan the checks and I'll look the banks up for you-but I personally gaurantee it is a scam. I am the one sending you those emails. bwuahaha! j/k man!
    scammorama galore. Ignore them. Or, pull a SMT and F*&k w/ them terribly. Do a search for his stuff-He even has a website, or used to . Classic reverse scam-great stuff.

John
    Beer has food value. Food has no beer value.

thanx guys. thats what i thought but i wanted to make sure i wasnt over reacting. ive been waitin to hear back from our brother 1st. id like to keep it in the family as flyer said. by the way theres no way ill ever ship till funds clear my account. says so in the ad. i may be a moron but im not a friggin idiot.

thanx for the heads up biker. ill check that guy out but ill probobly just block em. its not as much fun as screwin with fo. i got him good on the radio tonight. some nick lachey crap i gotta play called "i cant hate you any more" which i dedicated to him. too bad no ones listenin.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Problem with a bogus cashiers check or money order is if it does clear and you ship the goods, when the bank finds out you busted a bogus check, it's your thumbs they'll be putting the screws too; you'll have to pay them back then you're out the bike; double trouble black plague on the scammers

time to modify the add. paypal and known shippin vendors only. thanx.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    i may be a moron but im not a friggin idiot.
    That's a classic line, cc. Made this thread worth reading.

Good luck with the sale. Too bad its got to go.

As a side, when I get a look inside the headtube of my 'Spot I'll let you know what I find damage-wise (hopefully none). While I'm waiting on the headset cup remover I'm riding the snot out the bike. So far so good.

Captain Underpants
    Sounds like a variation of the Nigerian scam.

involuntary dismounter
    that's pretty shady! good thing you're just a moron and not an idiot!
    sad to see one of the family get sold off...hope it finds a nice new home with a loving parent!
    Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

the guy im talkin to about it with is a good cat and a fine rider whos skills weve seen progress. im sure hes gonna have even more fun with it than i did. if he decides to buy it its gonna have a fine new daddy.

thanx for the good words folks. yer resident moron, signin out!
    No, I'm NOT back!

Neg reppers r my biatches
    http://www.mtbr.com/market/warning.shtml

thanks goodness you did not waste your time (see above). the scam has been around a LONG time.

yep. thats the guy. almost word for word.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Obsessed
    Rats! I was this close to getting a sweet deal on a SPaaNB.
    [SIZE="5"]
    Confit de canard
    [/SIZE]

santiago: buyin up my fleet 1 bike at a time. pretty soon ill be on a tricycle.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Obsessed
    santiago: buyin up my fleet 1 bike at a time. pretty soon ill be on a tricycle.
    Too bad my plans were foiled. heh heh heh
    [SIZE="5"]
    Confit de canard
    [/SIZE]

so far ya only managed to take me 1 time. maybe i can sell this one without losin my ass in the process. a break even might be nice. so when are ya gonna get a big bike? this could be yers!
    No, I'm NOT back!

striker!
    yep. thats the guy. almost word for word.
    To see if they are serious, just mention the word "PayPal". The scammers run for the hills when you mention that. If they say they don't have an account, tell them they can open one in 5 minutes ... They hate that!!!

I was selling a moto and got these emails nonstop.

mtbr member
    I am trying to sell a sinister FTW frame and got 20 scammer emails just like the ones you mentioned - paypal only all the way if I were you.

mtbr member
    WAY to many scams out there. I was emailed from a Doctor would wanted my used Gary Fisher and wanted to pay me an extra $20 to take the listing off. He was also going to send out a "shipping company" to pick the bike up. Now why would a doctor (with poor English) want my used GF? Friggin' scams!

Let me provide hours of endless entertainment...http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

mtbr member
    I had the same type of offer on an item i tried to sell on mtbr classifieds a few months back. i was tempted to agree to it and wait with some friends, a fishing net and a 2x4...

damn. i just thought of what i shoulda done. much like fiends idea, agree to the sale and tell the guy:

my schedual is tough right now due to my bein a street detective whos in the middle of teachin a anti fraud class to the local fbi. we should all be at the house havein a few beers on a specified night at such and such a time cuz thats the last night of the class. if im a few min late, dont worry. i need to pick up my new firearm on the way home. man, i cant wait to try it out! who should i look for to stop by and pick up the bike?

next time......
    No, I'm NOT back!