Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outcast

someone please buy some '06 Marz. stuff!

... so that you can test them out and give a full report before I buy them.
    someone please buy an '06 Z1FRSL for $587.00; Fork
    And someone please buy a Roco for $400.00; shock
    Those of us too poor [or cheap] to do the R&D thank you!

Elitest thrill junkie
    You should trade me the rocco for my DHX coil or air.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

not so super...
    Didn't Bikezilla volunteer to be the Roco Guinea pig...err I mean tester?

Wow...it's light too
    Weight:0 G

Renegade - what would you do with that SL?? You already have the best Zocchi never made.
    Last edited by SSINGA; 10-18-2005 at 01:47 PM.
    Nothing to see here.

~~~~~~~~
    sorry, I'm never buying another 32mm stanchion fork...

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA

Renegade - what would you do with that SL?? You already have the best Zocchi never made.
    Perhaps true; I've been experimenting with the ZAM1. I dropped the PSI in the air leg a bit, I use the wide open tst setting for climbing; the fork responds to the slightest ripple, keeping the front end from bouncing around. For "level" and downhill trail riding I put the tst in the next setting, and for jumps I bump it into the middle setting. Yesterday I took the detent pin and spring out of the top cap of the tst cartridge so that I could dial in any tst setting that I want, rather than use just the 5 settings that the detent pin allows. Very cool. I'm working on a under the cap rubber insert that will help keep the tst knob from moving around on it's own. If it works, and your interested, I'll send you one.

One of the attractions of the SL is the eighteen click RC2 adjustment! But that's why I want someone to buy that fork!

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    sorry, I'm never buying another 32mm stanchion fork...
    Airwrek are you using the vanilla or the talas 36?

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Perhaps true; I've been experimenting with the ZAM1. I dropped the PSI in the air leg a bit, I use the wide open tst setting for climbing; the fork responds to the slightest ripple, keeping the front end from bouncing around. For "level" and downhill trail riding I put the tst in the next setting, and for jumps I bump it into the middle setting. Yesterday I took the detent pin and spring out of the top cap of the tst cartridge so that I could dial in any tst setting that I want, rather than use just the 5 settings that the detent pin allows. Very cool. I'm working on a under the cap rubber insert that will help keep the tst knob from moving around on it's own. If it works, and your interested, I'll send you one.

One of the attractions of the SL is the eighteen click RC2 adjustment! But that's why I want someone to buy that fork!
    Very cool mod. Keep me updated.

The RC2 should be a quick cartridge swap!!
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Hopefully it won't be too long before they release the Z1 Light which will promptly go on my 6 Pack.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Am1

I've ordered a 5 Spot and a Marz AM1 the 06 version 130mm to 150mm. Is this the version you have, if so how do you find the hight of the fork. I plan to run it at 130 most of the time with ETA for the steep climbs.

I apreciate you input to a typical noob query

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkle
    I've ordered a 5 Spot and a Marz AM1 the 06 version 130mm to 150mm. Is this the version you have, if so how do you find the hight of the fork. I plan to run it at 130 most of the time with ETA for the steep climbs.

I apreciate you input to a typical noob query
    Twinkle, I have an '05 AM1 with Z1 [20mm axle] lowers on it. I do use it in the 130mm mode for trail riding on my RFX, and I like it the height of the fork alot.
    I personally don't like eta because it locks up the fork. For my climbing style, I need the fork to be fully responsive.

mtbr member
    Airwreck has a Fox 36 Vanilla.
    The more I here about it and how it suit's the Six Pack the happier I am about the one that's on it's way.

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Didn't Bikezilla volunteer to be the Roco Guinea pig...err I mean tester?
    I was waiting for someone to offer to trade it for a barely used RP3 . I gotta put that puppy up on the classifides.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

~~~~~~~~
    Airwrek are you using the vanilla or the talas 36?
    vanilla rc2.
    got my eye on the 66's, but the options are confusing.
    Ideally would like to be able to switch between 150 and 170.
    Without buying extra carts that leaves the SL.
    170 on the rfx for DH would be cool, but uphills with ETA(66 light) doesn't appeal to me, and dicking around with the air mid ride(SL) is too much hassle.
    150 on the rfx would give me a steeper head angle than I prefer.
    But I am increasingly interested in setting up a preston with a 66x150, and then setting it at 170 for rfx DHing, but the SL version would not be my first choice for DH.

By the time I make up my mind the new Rock Shox 38 (u-turn?) whatever should be available.

The van36 on the rfx doesn't give me any grief going up, and it is most excellent on the way down.

Outcast
    Ideally, I want a single crown fork that's easily and quickly adjustable from 130mm to 170mm, with excellent compression and rebound adjustments that are also quick and easy, and weighs no more than 5.5 pounds. And is reliable. And black. I'm not asking for much, am I?
    IAirwreck, I know that the talas feature is somewhat suspect, but do the mid-year '06 36 talas forks interest you, with the 120/140/160 talas adjustments?

mtbr member

My $.02 on Fox 36's

The van36 on the rfx doesn't give me any grief going up, and it is most excellent on the way down.
    I was slated to receive a 36 Vanilla from Larry but I changed my order last minute after riding the 6 Pack in Moab and enjoying the ability to lower the travel on my 36 Talas (one of the only redeeming quality of this fork) for the technical climbing up parts of Amasa Back and Rock Stacker. The Z1 Light with the TAS cartridge was just what the doctor ordered. Granted I love the chassis of the 36's, but Marz just has their shite figured out with the Z1 lineup. I'm a little reluctant to buy another +$800 first generation fork from Fox only to find out I can't dial it in for my particular weight and riding style.

Outcast
    I didn't fully realize how much more I was working to climb with my 150mm Z1 on the RFX untill I made a frankenfork and started climbing in the 130 mode. Boy does it work for me! And for most trail rides, I can descend just fine in the 130 mode, and it doesn't take much to bump it back into 150 mode it things get steep and fun.

~~~~~~~~
    Ideally, I want a single crown fork that's easily and quickly adjustable from 130mm to 170mm, with excellent compression and rebound adjustments that are also quick and easy, and weighs no more than 5.5 pounds. And is reliable. And black. I'm not asking for much, am I?
    IAirwreck, I know that the talas feature is somewhat suspect, but do the mid-year '06 36 talas forks interest you, with the 120/140/160 talas adjustments?
    06 36 talas does interest me but I would have the to ride one before buying one. The fact that push doesn't tune a 36 talas is also a factor.

That said, after experiencing the van36, it is now my benchmark, and I am not going to give up the control and suspension performance of the van in hope of easing the uphill burden. It should be noted that I am very fond of the steepest most technical uphills, and in my world the van36 rfx balance is the most perfectest setup I have ever experienced. It's going to be hard to beat.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    I was waiting for someone to offer to trade it for a barely used RP3 . I gotta put that puppy up on the classifides.
    BZ.... I may be interested, let me know what you want for it via PM. Maybe we can arrange a "shock club" swap....?

Forks: I wonder if it would be possible to build a fox framkenfork with talus on one side and coil on the other? that could be cool but $$$$.

I'm looking for a shoot-out between the 66 RC2X and ETA light. My RFX is currently forkless and collecting dust, while the hardtail w/Z1 is getting all the action. It's hard for me to justify ponying up for a new $$$ 6" fork when my 5" Z1 is really prefect for off-season riding. Must... resist... UGI..... gotta buy... diapers.....formula...

mtbr member
    06 36 talas does interest me but I would have the to ride one before buying one.
    What we need is a rent-to-own program. If you don't like it you return it after a coupe of weeks. If you like it you keep it.

not so super...
    I didn't fully realize how much more I was working to climb with my 150mm Z1 on the RFX untill I made a frankenfork and started climbing in the 130 mode. Boy does it work for me! And for most trail rides, I can descend just fine in the 130 mode, and it doesn't take much to bump it back into 150 mode it things get steep and fun.
    Works the same on the Pack-0-Lantern.
    Nothing to see here.

on a routine expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    I was waiting for someone to offer to trade it for a barely used RP3.
    Well, it's not a straight swap, but in the new issue of Decline (bottom of page 22) a guy from Scott USA mentions a ROCO trade-in program:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Montgomery, Scott USA
    Check in with Marzocchi about their ROCO rear shock trade-in program and pick one up at a discount. You will love it.
    Think they'll take an old Romic?

trail fairy
    Twinkle

06 AM1 check her out its the Shizz ohh yeahhaa gottas love da Marz

Id 06 Am1
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thanks for the feedback, I have no doubt that the AM1 is a great fork, I notice that the ID is designed around a 125 to 150 mm fork though, I'm worried that it will chopper the 5 spot. Designed around a 130mm fork and all.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG
    Hopefully it won't be too long before they release the Z1 Light which will promptly go on my 6 Pack.
    Crash, universal cycles now has listed the '06 marzocchi line up, including what you're waiting for; Z1 Light , but, of course, you might give Larry at mtn high a call for a better price.

mtbr member
    ...you might give Larry at mtn high a call for a better price.
    Thank. I just received an email from Larry and he's got a couple on the way. One which will be promptly boxed up and heading to zip code 84790.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast