Team Sanchez

Some stoke from Grafton Mesa

Me and the boys rolled out to Grafton yesterday for some chunky goodness.

1. Troy rockin the bullit with style(Soon to be on a Highline).
    2. Naked1
    3. Troy rolling some chunk
    4. Wasea redeeming himself
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

Team Sanchez
    A few more....

1. Naked1 on the razorback
    2. Eyeing the Coke Drop
    3. Troy going for Tranny
    4. Naked coming up short
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Looks like both Wasea and Troy are on Bullits

I know you used to ride a VP-Free. Not to get into a "which bike is better" discussion here but given the style of riding in your pics is it a toss-up between a Bullit and an RFX (or Highline)? Are they close enough in capabilities or is there really a clearcut choice---and for what reasons? And, I know my Turner pivot bushings are nearly bombproof. Could a newer Bullit's single pivot actually be more bombproof out there in the Utah trail grit?
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Team Sanchez
    Troy just ordered a Highline. It should be here in a week or so. He got suckered into a Bullit by the LBS, just like Wasea did. I've heard Wasea complain about brake jack on his Bullit, and I've heard Troy complain about the same. I think given a choice, both would prefer to be on Highlines. As far as durability goes, I think it's a toss up between the Bullit and the RFX. The Bullit just happens to be the more economical choice. I threw a leg over Wasea's Bullit one day just for kicks. It's a Large. I really liked the way I could throw it around in the air. Quite a bit more nimble than my Highline. but once things turned steep and chunky, the Highline's longer wheelbase and active rear end blew the bullit out of the water.

Au'Right!
    Nov 2004
    Suckered into it my ass......price for both of those two was a big factor and a $1200 freeride frame vs the previously $2000 dollar frame makes a big difference. Not to mention I never lie about the differences between the two bike. I always clearly state the achillies heel of the single pivot ALONG with the benefits. Hell, I wanted an RFX but the EP of that frame was the RETAIL of my bullit.
    Problem: "Bike has trouble going up steep hills."
    Fix: Recommend pressing harder on the pedals.

trail fairy

You guys are funny..

Nice piccs as ever EL C, no wonder ya get around so much in speedos, always looks like summer there
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Team Sanchez
    That was the best ride we have had for a long time. I'm still stoked about it. Thanks for posting the pics El C.

NOT Team Sanchez
    Yeah thanks for posting El C, Andy my friend, you did not sucker me, you didn't even work at the shop when I bought it. My complaint was how I was treated, feeling forced to buy the Bullit, as I've told you i'm super stoked on it.
    I like bikes.

Au'Right!
    Nov 2004
    Except long before you actually bought it I was the one telling you to buy one and why. You didn't want it at the time because it was an Evil American Santa Cruz Bicycle Corporation Bike. I was just says it had great geometry and solidly built. All that and only 1200ish, not bad. Believe me when I worked at the shop if all I could sell was Turners and thats what people could afford all the time I'd have been a happy guy.
    Problem: "Bike has trouble going up steep hills."
    Fix: Recommend pressing harder on the pedals.

Hisforever
    Coke Drop...Give R...
    Jesus Saves

Knollician
    Grafton...OK I guess... Maybe you guys should come down here and try some of our trails. Not good for launching, but super chunky. Climbing is required.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

Team Sanchez
    I don't know if I'm up for MORE chunk. This was the best I have done on Grafton. I Cleaned more of the trail this time than any other. The Coke Drop is still calling my name though. Maybe next time.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by NAKED1
    I don't know if I'm up for MORE chunk. This was the best I have done on Grafton. I Cleaned more of the trail this time than any other. The Coke Drop is still calling my name though. Maybe next time.
    Yeah, I really enjoyed Grafton, it was a rip. I remember El C pointing out the Coke drop. I was feeling pretty good and almost wanted to take a run at it. Now that I see the photo, that has got to be 12-14 feet? Not sure where you take off and land though. That is impressive for sure. I would like to work on drops to tranny, we just really don't have too much around here. But we do have SuperChunk.

Dirtbag and I would love to get you guys down here for a few days and show you around. Our rides are a bit slower and more plunking, but you might enjoy it.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

Team Sanchez
    I'm standing on the take off in the second pic. The landing is straight down form there. The hardest part is rolling up to it because you cant spot your landing till your in the air. Trips me out.

Team Sanchez
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad_martinez
    Suckered into it my ass......
    Save that for your proctologist!

Wasea got talked into selling his Ano gold RFX, and into getting a Bullit. So my assertion remains.....Suckered!

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Save that for your proctologist!

Wasea got talked into selling his Ano gold RFX, and into getting a Bullit. So my assertion remains.....Suckered!
    Double D

I liked te whole Turner Sanchez crew thing going on sounds like its going to be a Santa Cruz Sanchez thingy happening
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

~~~~~~~~
    nice terrain and photos, thanks.
    always enjoy hearing frame comparisons too!

mtbr member
    Looks like fun, guys. That Coke drop looks..... um..... big. Is the tranny where the third guy is standing right below you Naked1? Because if it's below Troy (?) that tranny looks super steep. Steep trannies freak me out. (Big drops freak me out too...but that's another issue all together).

PS: take tiSS'er up on his offer for some Fee Nicks riding. That is some fun stuff (National, Holbert, 24thSt, Viejo, Goat Camp = yum).... but you might want to wait 'til fall/winter. And don't worry about these guys climbing, Brandon. They've got Highlines!
    Last edited by KRob; 06-23-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Team Sanchez
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    L That Coke drop looks..... um..... big. Is the tranny where the third guy is standing right below you Naked1? Because if it's below Troy (?) that tranny looks super steep.

The tranny is straight down from where I was standing. My bike behind me is the roll in. Yes it is steep.