Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack

some peoples kids

this hellbay seller just doesnt get it. no matter how many people tell him its a afterburner, no matter how many times they do, he continues to call it a burner. and we all know cracks never get bigger and have never been a issue. this may be why its relisted yet again. could also have somethin do do with the starting price which i think got higher this last time around. my head hurts and im in a bad mood if ya couldnt tell.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Surfin' da mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    this hellbay seller just doesnt get it. no matter how many people tell him its a afterburner, no matter how many times they do, he continues to call it a burner. and we all know cracks never get bigger and have never been a issue. this may be why its relisted yet again. could also have somethin do do with the starting price which i think got higher this last time around. my head hurts and im in a bad mood if ya couldnt tell.
    Burner - Afterburner, details - details. This is the kind of guy the 1978 commercial was aimed at that could not tell the difference between his Chrystler Cordoba with corinthian leather and a Mercedes Benz 280SL. Luckily he had Ricardo Montalban from Fantasy Island to explain it to him.

TLL
    mtbr member
    "It's been using for the past 3 year, nothing happen. There no sign will getting any bigger. It comes with FOX R coil rear shock. Fully function without any problem."

Must have read the "Ad Copy for Dummies" book before he posted that. Or not.

Lay off the Levers
    I didn't realize Afterburners were 7" travel. Seriously, I had no idea.

I think that bike may have more trade-in value than resale potential, but that depends on the size of his...uh I mean the bike's crack.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    How about this guy claiming...

"it does not affect the structure or performance of the frame".
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

its but a flesh wound.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    A mere flesh wound.... You see people selling old RFX's as 6 Pack's a lot but an old Afterburner as a Burner come on.....fleabay should cancel the auction!

Bike to the Bone...
    Honest question, what's the difference between the Burners and Afterburners?

burner: 2.5" - 3.6" xc bike (4" w/ xr rocker mod) with old style rear mount main rocker pivot behind the seat tube. not reenforced for dual crown forks.

afterburner: 7" dedicated dh bike with newer style front mount main rocker pivot (flat rockers). no f der cable stop. not that ya could use 1 on the stock stays as theyre symetrical and straight from the main pivot to the axle. massive moto plates for dual crown fork use.

more detailed info here. pics below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    CC, I feel your pain, at least the crack can be fixed by an good frame repairer.

Similarly I regularly notice the same 95 Burner popping up at silly prices..

7" of travel for the Afterburner is debatable too from the measurements of my AB frame, but it is what was quoted in 98.

Off Topic: CC is that your ex blue 02 RFX with Pack rear currently on the bay??
    More bikes than you can point a broken spoke at...

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Yup just a flesh wound....

Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan
    How about this guy claiming...

"it does not affect the structure or performance of the frame".
    And nobody has caught another rather glaring to me, incosistancy. That frame sure looks like an X5 to me, not an El Cap! But, not being all that familiar with Ventana frames I could be wrong.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Devil
    Off Topic: CC is that your ex blue 02 RFX with Pack rear currently on the bay??
    good eye! it sure is. he too found it to be a tank in a knife fight and got a '07 spot. hes got a sweet bin price on it so grab it up. wish i had the means to buy it back. would make a fine dh rig.
    No, I'm NOT back!

TLL
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squash
    And nobody has caught another rather glaring to me, incosistancy. That frame sure looks like an X5 to me, not an El Cap! But, not being all that familiar with Ventana frames I could be wrong.

Good Dirt
    Yeah, the smaller El Caps look a lot like the X-5s. As the frame gets bigger on the Cap the front triangle becomes more pronounced.

Then there is the mater of decals.