HIKE!

Some options I'd like on an RFX

I'd like to order up one RFX with a threaded mount for a Hopey Steering Damper Post on the top tube. And I'd like the rear dropouts to be Rock Shox Maxle ready (what rear hubs are Maxle ready?). Oooh! And a cable guide on the taco for a Gravity Dropper cable. Just thinking aloud. Carry on.

Lay off the Levers
    And a tupperware doughnut holder on the downtube...
    And, and, and a EBM mount behind the seat post collar.
    Countdown to Whistler 2012...
    July can't come fast enough!

HIKE!

naaah, donuts go in the ....

... Camelbak, no need for the tupperware mounts.

But I saw a photo of a Rotec DH bike that had a neat threaded boss on the top tube to mount a Hopey Damper fixing rod. Clean setup, well, clean if you gotta have a Hopey!

And the Maxle rear end has some pretty great potential, 12mm x 135 through axle stiffness, and no tools simplicity. And once Rock Shox has that 2007 "35" out, Maxles will be everywhere on lots of Turners.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    oh! oh! i need a damped drink holder that wont fizz or spill my beer. try that with a camelback smart guy! hehe.

the maxle would be very cool. i finally got to mess with one the other week and im impressed. havin em front and rear would be sweet. give sram/rock shox time to work out yet another wonderful licensing deal with the rest of the world. i wonder if dt will have to run a sticker again. lets just hope hes not forced to clear coat over it or worse yet, engrave it.
    No, I'm NOT back!

HIKE!

Maxle technical drawings

... the technical drawings for the rear maxle and dropout requirements are here:

http://www.sram.com/en/service/rocks...D=5&subcatID=2

and Cove has some stock models built with the Maxle rear end.... Santa Cruz did a few v10s for team riders, others? The maxle shows promise in 135mm and 150mm. Works great in the Pike up front.

banned
    Magura is already licensing the Maxle for their new forks.

Team Sanchez
    The one thing that I would really like to see is a 2.5 inch stroke rockers, to lower the leverage ratio for us big boys. Even 2.25 would be an improvement.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by sparrow
    ... Camelbak, no need for the tupperware mounts.
    Sorry, but it's like going back to waterbottles... why should you twist your back to reach a donut in the camel, when you can have easy access from the handlebar... doesn't it make sense??

Obviously, carrying your donuts in the jersey pockets is not an option, especially for chocolate or glassed ones.
    Check my Site

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by sparrow
    and Cove has some stock models built with the Maxle rear end.... Santa Cruz did a few v10s for team riders, others? The maxle shows promise in 135mm and 150mm. Works great in the Pike up front.
    Yep, the new Cove Shocker (love that name, btw) has a 150 x 12 Maxle rear end speced on it. I'd love to see that on more bikes!

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    The one thing that I would really like to see is a 2.5 inch stroke rockers, to lower the leverage ratio for us big boys. Even 2.25 would be an improvement.
    Right on El C.

Please DT 7.875x2.25
    Nothing to see here.

HIKE!

Some of these changes...

like the lowered leverage, well, borders on a new bike in general. Wonder if that cat at "Dreamrides" has a bike that is worth a poo. Well, Sherwood at Ventana could maybe whip something up RFX-ish, Hopey mount, ISCG bb shell, lower leverage, 6" travel, and rear Maxle equipped..... just huck money at him. I'd rather have the real deal Turner pivots

Don't know if Turner really offers full jack-ass (me) spec'd custom bikes. Just bantering ideas. But that rear Maxle looks great, the Hopey has been a good upgrade, I like the chain guide systems using ISCG mounts, hoo boy.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    hey sparrow, whats a black hills jack ass like you doin trollin in a place like this? you followin me? hehe. no custom frames from turner. sorry pal.
    No, I'm NOT back!