Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack

a solo sprinkle of dirt

lame title, i know, but it serves a point. i had a 9am meeting and i figured id get a solo ride in before work. its not far from the station to the trail so i loaded up and headed out. after a hour of lightenin up the stuffy gathering, it was time for some trail action. nuthin special, just a fun ride with layla.

it started out kinda chilly and overcast as a front is on its way in. may be the last ride for a week or so if the storm is as heavy as predicted so i was pumped to ride. we hit the road for a 1/2 mile and dropped in on talbot after a beauty shot of the rfx. its still way rutted out after the thaw but the big bike makes most of that go away. some of the channels are shin deep so ya gotta watch yer line, specially when yer on yer own and cell service is sketchy at best.

the 1st 30 feet of trail has a nasty rut with roots runnin across the whole thing so life was good right away. we dont get too much tech out here ya know. 1/4 mile into the twisty trails downhill run, i almost lost the front end on a combo of leaves and loose soil but managed to save it, toss it back over to the right side knobs and dig in for the yump into the next corner. kind of a rush, really.

instead of the usual run up broken toe, i hung a right and followed the loese trail down through the valley next to the runnin creek. things are greenin up nicely and when the leaves come out and create the canopy, its gonna be beautiful all over again. more twisty trail, more small to med sixed yumps as i made my way to base of "the climb from the planet hell", layla on my heel. im never prepared for this beast but today was special. i sucked like a hoover and walked much of it. maybe it was the sprinkles and the quickly rising humidity which always kicks my pasty ass. after that noise, we rode a short section of ruths ridge up to the toe and took a break and a few timer shots. the cool water was a sweet relief.

the run back down the toe is always a total blast. its tight, twisty and fast as hell through a old growth forest before ya gotta make yer way back out via a healthy handfull of small climbs. ive hit just under 30 on this run but today was not the time to be a hero so we just did a slow flow to the bottom but i still had to wait for layla once there. seems like she was hurtin a bit too tryin to suck in the wet air. after the wall ride, the climb out on talbot can come as a fun up or a royal pain. guess what today was?

after the short road jaunt, we were back at the car and the ipod was playin all the good stuff. after loadin up, we hung out under the hatchback and took in the soundtrack together. not a bad way to waste a cpl hours.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Looks like you finally got rid of all the snow but Spring still has a long way to go. Trees are starting to get some leaves finally here in upstate Ny.

It's good to be able to get out and pedal again!

~~~~~~~~
    surprised to see how dry it is considering the weather you've had. Good to see you back out on the trails.

Dishwasher Safe
    Nice...

thanx guys. it all ended a few hours after i went to work that day. i woke up this am to snow. fockin snow i tell ya! in late april! and it fockin snowed all fockin day. then the fockin sun set and guess fockin what?? it kept fockin snowin!!! hang tight while i look out the fockin window.................... skyrockets in flight. (baahwoooooooooo) afternoon delight! aaaaaaa-aaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaa... afterno................... yep. still fockin snowin. winds are fockin horrid and the fockin rain is on the fockin way. im fockin focked for the next fockin week.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Elitest thrill junkie
    That's ok, we climbed all the way up to the top of Bill Williams Mtn two weekends ago to find the entire front side covered in 5 or more feet of snow. Damn annoying after riding up that far, but the drifts on the side of the road should have been a good indicator. Currently waiting for flagstaff to completely thaw.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Captain Underpants
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    skyrockets in flight. (baahwoooooooooo) afternoon delight! aaaaaaa-aaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaa... afterno
    Thanks, now I can't get that damn song out of my head. Hey CC, do you know the lyrics to Muskrat Love?

sorry to hear about the snow, but glad you got a ride in.

Mr.Secret
    http://pafc.arh.noaa.gov/ This pic was from last Mon., late afternoon...
    ...think we'll ever get outta' this world alive ?...

Mr.Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Drivel
    Thanks, now I can't get that damn song out of my head. Hey CC, do you know the lyrics to Muskrat Love?

sorry to hear about the snow, but glad you got a ride in.
    Oh well that'd maybe be a little better than having the theme song to The Brady Bunch stuck in yer head....

muskrat suzie, muskrat sam...............

its the story,
    of a man named brady..............

next!
    No, I'm NOT back!

damn if thats not a fine ride! and some of the best campin on the old azsc series.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Mr.Secret
    thanx guys. it all ended a few hours after i went to work that day. i woke up this am to snow. fockin snow i tell ya! in late april! and it fockin snowed all fockin day. then the fockin sun set and guess fockin what?? it kept fockin snowin!!! hang tight while i look out the fockin window.................... skyrockets in flight. (baahwoooooooooo) afternoon delight! aaaaaaa-aaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaa... afterno................... yep. still fockin snowin. winds are fockin horrid and the fockin rain is on the fockin way. im fockin focked for the next fockin week.
    You could always resort to this

Captain Underpants
    Quote Originally Posted by R.T.R.
    Oh well that'd maybe be a little better than having the theme song to The Brady Bunch stuck in yer head....
    My third-graders were singing that song today as we walked to the library, don't get me started or you will get a time out!

damn if thats not a fine ride! and some of the best campin on the old azsc series.
    did you just downoad those pix from the history of spandex website?

im way ahead of ya.
    No, I'm NOT back!