Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39
  1. #1
    banned
    Reputation: Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,227

    So a little birdy...

    ...sent me an email about a real life trail encounter with Mr. 115% efficient.

    I'm very surprised that it hasn't surfaced around here yet.

    What gives Socal folks?

  2. #2
    Now with flavor!!
    Reputation: kidwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,966
    Seeing as how this is the turner forum and you therefore must be talking about tony ellsworth, did the email arrive before it was sent?
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

  3. #3
    Crop Dusting Magistrate
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    600
    It was deemed a "non-event" down here.

    Nothing to see here - move along.
    It wasn't me

  4. #4
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,246
    i got it too...i found it amusing, other than the broken bones that accompanied the ride.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,290
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    did the email arrive before it was sent?
    Nice!
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Orangerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i got it too...i found it amusing, other than the broken bones that accompanied the ride.
    Do tell...Where did the ride take place?

  7. #7
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,416
    do any of you teases want to share, or are you just trying to bait and frustrate the homers?
    ****

  8. #8
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    do any of you teases want to share, or are you just trying to bait and frustrate the homers?
    i will defer to somebody who sent me this hypothetical email of which Pete speaks.....nothing earth shattering (unlike CF's new bike) but very entertaining nonetheless.

  9. #9
    TCB
    TCB is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Howeler
    It was deemed a "non-event" down here.

    Nothing to see here - move along.

    I thought it was hilarious, I wish I was there to witness it.
    "No matter where you go there you are" BUCKAROO BANZAI

  10. #10
    Obsessed
    Reputation: santiago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    141
    Didn't your mothers tell you that it's nice to share?
    [SIZE="5"]
    Confit de canard
    [/SIZE]

  11. #11
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,001
    Send to my PM.

    Or send it to Paul J.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  12. #12
    banned
    Reputation: Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i will defer to somebody who sent me this hypothetical email of which Pete speaks...

    Likewise. If it wasn't meant for public consumption then so be it.

  13. #13
    Bodhisattva
    Reputation: The Squeaky Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    9,573
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i got it too...i found it amusing, other than the broken bones that accompanied the ride.
    So its true that Dusty Bottoms really beat the snot out of Aqua ?
    Life....the original terminal illness

  14. #14
    TCB
    TCB is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by santiago
    Didn't your mothers tell you that it's nice to share?

    Not gonna do it, wouldn’t be prudent at this juncture.
    Although I did ask the perp to post the story.
    "No matter where you go there you are" BUCKAROO BANZAI

  15. #15
    notabouttoseeyourlight
    Reputation: coma13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,671
    awwwwwww come on!!!!!
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

  16. #16
    Anytime. Anywhere.
    Reputation: Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,946
    I met Mr 115% in Moab durin November 2003. I had purchased my poofta 5 Spot earlier that year and it was the Sopt's first Moab trip. I took a beginner up Hurrah Pass and by the time we reached the summit we had met about a dozen riders on the super efficient machines. The summit was littered with annodizing and lazer etching. thank god for my sun glasses. We dug out our sandwiches and sat down for a breather when we heard shouts of "go Tony, c'mon Tony, almost there Tony". Well there he was cresting the climb, he looked 120% efficient to me. My freind and I saddled up for the well earned descent and the man called Tony was checking out my ample standover. We chatted for a minute or 2 and he asked a couple of questions about my Spot. We headed back to the car and a few months later the Moment was introduced.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

  17. #17
    Well Biked
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,146
    Funny! Thanks for the good post.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,290
    TCB said: Not gonna do it, wouldn’t be prudent at this juncture.

    OK, since when are we about anything remotely resembling prudence on this forum? CC, can ya back me up here? Besides, isn't prudence just some chick in a lame Beatles' song? It's winter. We're bored! Give us bike related gossip to read!
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

  19. #19
    Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Reputation: Aquaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,960
    Yeah...let's hear it!!!! I love a good Tony Ellsworth story.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

  20. #20
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: dpdsurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    709
    I know the story. TE was with CRAZY FRED who flew out to pick up his new Rogue. By the end of the ride CF had purchased no less than 6 new bikes.

  21. #21
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
    I met Mr 115% in Moab durin November 2003. I had purchased my poofta 5 Spot earlier that year and it was the Sopt's first Moab trip. I took a beginner up Hurrah Pass and by the time we reached the summit we had met about a dozen riders on the super efficient machines. The summit was littered with annodizing and lazer etching. thank god for my sun glasses. We dug out our sandwiches and sat down for a breather when we heard shouts of "go Tony, c'mon Tony, almost there Tony". Well there he was cresting the climb, he looked 120% efficient to me. My freind and I saddled up for the well earned descent and the man called Tony was checking out my ample standover. We chatted for a minute or 2 and he asked a couple of questions about my Spot. We headed back to the car and a few months later the Moment was introduced.
    Did his testicles wrap 120% around the high top tube he used to use and swear by?

  22. #22
    Anytime. Anywhere.
    Reputation: Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Did his testicles wrap 120% around the high top tube he used to use and swear by?
    In my understanding standover only matters whrn you are actually standing over the bicycle. I never got to see him standing over the bike but he was on his tip toes the whole time we were talking.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

  23. #23
    banned
    Reputation: Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    Yeah...let's hear it!!!! I love a good Tony Ellsworth story.
    Haha. Well, at least three people got that one...

  24. #24
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    16,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
    In my understanding standover only matters whrn you are actually standing over the bicycle. I never got to see him standing over the bike but he was on his tip toes the whole time we were talking.
    There is no way that is true. I thought if you stood on your tip toes with in spitting distance of an Ellsworth, it is sure to cause a crack.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 11-13-2006 at 09:28 PM.

  25. #25
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,480
    Are you trying to say that if you saw TE, you'd spit on him?

    Seems like an idea.

    Sure as hell I'd ask him why he's such a dirtbag.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •