Thread: SMDH '05 DHR's

mtbr member

Speed Metal DH '05 DHR Pics

A big thanks goes out the the folks at Turner: Dave, Casey, Greg & Co., The bikes are beautiful! I tried to get some shots of how the remote reservoir is mounted to the frame - pretty trick.

Our Fox DH40's come in tomorrow!

Enjoy-

Last edited by cheezwhip; 03-02-2005 at 03:11 PM.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

No, that's not phonetic
    A poofta-mobile enjoying over 8" in the rear. Somebody contact the moderators.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Put the muffin down and step away from the vehicle!

mtbr member

Parts drifting in...

So, here's the fork that's going on that bad boy (thanks go Mark and the guys at Fox!) - the DHX is for the 5-Spot.

BTW, does anybody happen to know the stroke/i-2-i on the Rail?

not so super...
    One of the best looking DHR's Ive seen posted! Too bad Turner put so many cheesy looking sticker on it. I'd have those pulled off to show off that beautiful red paint.
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    One of the best looking DHR's Ive seen posted! Too bad Turner put so many cheesy looking sticker on it. I'd have those pulled off to show off that beautiful red paint.
    I like the stickers... plus, for our team, the red paint & stickers make a killer combo w/ our jerseys.

The Moto-Sticker kit does seem to elicit a love-it/hate-it response from people (even from our team members)... But for me, I like it and the benefits of the Moto-Sticker Kit in terms of protection - that far outweighs what the other half of the population deems as ugly or cheap.

My last DHR was pristine even though it had gone through a full season of riding Whistler/Shore and racing - I had been using clear moto-tape on my previous bikes and having the sticker kit on my DHR's was exactly what I wanted as a rider.

Besides, if you really don't like it, you can just take off the Moto-Sticker Kit.

mtbr member
    One of the guys on the team is almost finished his build already (still waiting on new SRAM/e13/Avid Brakes to get in):

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Hey, why can't I see the pictures?
    turtle

mtbr member

Wow

That is bad ass!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle 1
    Hey, why can't I see the pictures?
    turtle
    Hey Turtle-

Try these links:

http://www.speedmetalracing.com/port...iewtopic&t=528

http://www.speedmetalracing.com/port...iewtopic&t=530

mtbr member
    Cheezwhip; whoa, I'm not sure what's up but I've tried to log onto Speedmetalracing a few times with no luck-all I get is a "this page is not available message." I tried the links you sent but they're not opening for me either. The picture of Oly's bike almost made me faint, looks like you all got it going on. Look forward to seeing you on the trail one of these days. Thanks for sending the links.
    turtle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle 1
    Cheezwhip; whoa, I'm not sure what's up but I've tried to log onto Speedmetalracing a few times with no luck-all I get is a "this page is not available message." I tried the links you sent but they're not opening for me either. The picture of Oly's bike almost made me faint, looks like you all got it going on. Look forward to seeing you on the trail one of these days. Thanks for sending the links.
    turtle
    That can't be good... I wonder how many other ppl have problems accessing our site?

Here's some off of a different server:

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    dude....4am???

nice...but like I was saying on RM - I don't think i could ever run Carbon Cranks on a DH bike!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian
    dude....4am???

nice...but like I was saying on RM - I don't think i could ever run Carbon Cranks on a DH bike!
    5am on a Sunday's not better - BTW, I saw that you were up and browsing the boards before 4am anyways

I don't know what Phatswalla is doing w/ his build, but most of us are still waiting for parts to trickle in from the sponsors. Most of the guys on the team rushed to get their bikes built 'cuz there's a big freeride shuttle day today. My cranks will be Middleburns though.

Too bad my Hopes don't work w/ the DH40.

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezwhip
    Too bad my Hopes don't work w/ the DH40.
    if you have the Enduro M4's - all you need is a #5 caliper half, but that's really hard to find these days!

mtbr member

Ohhhhhhhh, man that is SO nice!

Ok, I concede. Finally a DHR that I admit is nicer than mine! haha That is super bling! Have a couple q's: I have a Dorado on mine right now (tpc), but am holding out for a 40 later this year. How do you like yours? What do you like more, overall, the wc boxxer or the Fox40 (correct me if I'm wrong, you rode a boxxer last year, huh?)?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DHRich
    Ok, I concede. Finally a DHR that I admit is nicer than mine! haha That is super bling! Have a couple q's: I have a Dorado on mine right now (tpc), but am holding out for a 40 later this year. How do you like yours? What do you like more, overall, the wc boxxer or the Fox40 (correct me if I'm wrong, you rode a boxxer last year, huh?)?
    I actually don't have mine built up yet - still waiting on parts to get in from E13 and SRAM/Avid - the other guys on the team took the bikes out to a local freeride bash over the weekend and loved the fork... UberStiff and buttery smooth were the words I kept hearing.

I'll find out for myself after I get back from Spain... I don't expect to get the DHR built up before I leave for my vacation.