suspension whore

silver rear triangle?

I was recomending the spot and the RFX to a friend looking for a new bike.
    He wanted to know why the rear end was not painted / anodized the same color as the front triangle?
    I didnt know so I'm throwing it to you guys?
    thanks
    Intense 6.6..... Demo 9.

Mammoth MTN downhilling - check it out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb_m_pb0Ns0

Too Much Fun
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew
    He wanted to know why the rear end was not painted / anodized the same color as the front triangle?
    Because it looks FREEEEESH!

Well, that and the fact that rear ends get beat up more then front trangles (chain, rocks etc) so it makes sense to leave them paint-free.

Me? I love natural metal and love the fact that I can leave my Ti and Al bikes unpainted in their natural splendor.
    - -benja- -

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    i believe it has to do with several things. pc and anno cause their fair share of issues such as increased cost, poor tolerances and a higher rate of out of spec rears in a production run. too bad cuz i dig the color matched rears.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Lay off the Levers
    I vaguely recall when the topic was discussed in a improptu poll the classic "polished" rear won out by a large margin.
    Also there's the logistics of stocking color-matched rears and replacements, and batch matching down the road.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    thats another good point. when i asked dt to anno my rfx front and back his concirn was matching the color and this was on a single frame. consider a run of 20, 50, 100. yikes!
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

wear and tear.

The rears are not colored because of wear and tear on the widest part of the bike. Even if anodized clear rears get scratched they are still silver.

All just part of my ploy to make the most boring bikes on the market, yawn, another aluminum part...

DT

Baked Alaskan
    I for one am glad DT went back to the polish AL rear, its a distinguishing characteristic that's synonymous with Turners. Of course JNC and the ninja clan will disagree with that one. In the long run it does wear better than a pc/ano finish and its pretty easy to re-shine up when the years of trail rash add up.
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

Bite Me.
    The polished silver rear end could be the new Black, but it definitely is not Ninja class. There's nothing easier to touch up than the scars on a black Turner.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by AK Chris
    I for one am glad DT went back to the polish AL rear, its a distinguishing characteristic that's synonymous with Turners. Of course JNC and the ninja clan will disagree with that one. In the long run it does wear better than a pc/ano finish and its pretty easy to re-shine up when the years of trail rash add up.
    The new rears have a clear ano coating - no polishing necessary.
    Nothing to see here.

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    Ninja for me. I'd be just as happy with the silver or just about any color on the front.
    As long as it's not Grinch Green

Ho hum, yawn. People still dig it on the trail though
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred