Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 93
  1. #1
    ~~~~~~~~
    Reputation: airwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,873

    Show 'n Tell....the Highlite.

    some background info.

    I've had a few years on a RFX, tried some different forks and rockers, and gotten a good idea what I think works for me. When I first started riding my RFX it felt tiny under me, but as I put more time on it, either I shrunk, it grew, or my riding style changed.

    Late last year I started to plan on replacing the old RFX with a fresh one, I followed the progress of the Highline, but didn't give it much consideration. Eventually I found myself analyzing the geo of the HL, the things I would like for bike fit, and where my riding is headed. I wouldn't say I was looking for more travel, lower leverage ratio, stuff like that, just a slightly smaller frame, with the magic geometry of my latest RFX incarnation.

    Enough trying to explain my reasoning and we can discuss riding style/genre/philosophy if anyone wants, for now heres the stats.

    Small Highline, 8.5 x 2.5 DHX Air rear shock, Van 36 fork.

    Rider, 5 feet, 4.375 inches tall. Inseam 29.825 inches. weight 145 pounds. My backpack never weighs less than 15 pounds, sometimes I ride(jump) without it, sometimes I'll carry a chainsaw. I guess we can talk about them air shocks later...

    My Highlite geo is nearly identical to my old RFX (type a rockers, van36, etc.).
    Head tube angle 67 degrees, seat tube angle measured on the seat post 72, the HL may be a hair steeper ST, BB height a hair over 14 inches (the HL is slightly higher than the RFX).
    Wheelbase is a quarter inch longer, 43 3/4 for the HL.
    HL chainstay is 17 3/8.
    Top tube, HL = 22, RFX 22.2
    my cockpit measurement is exactly the same.

    Any questions, ask away.

    At this point all I can say is it's perfect.
    Bigger rear shock, bigger forks, bigger launches, it's all in the plan for future upgrades. Super D, and DH racing will hopefully be in my future also.





  2. #2
    My cup runneth over
    Reputation: rmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,229
    While some (those trying to work) may be grateful for your BLAND post, others of us have been waiting for a RIDE REPORT with cool pictures.

    Dang, how did you ever get past the Moderator police???



    Edit - this time when I brought it up the pix are showing... OK, OK so the pix are kind of OK, but no ride report???
    Last edited by rmac; 03-14-2006 at 12:50 PM.

  3. #3
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,560
    So is a highlite a version of the highline with a dhx-a on it?
    Airwreck, hows does it pedal and climb compared to your RFX?
    ****

  4. #4
    Lay off the Levers
    Reputation: Bikezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,132
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    ...blah blah blah spec & nasalgic reflection deleted...
    At this point all I can say is it's perfect.
    Bigger rear shock, bigger forks, bigger launches, it's all in the plan for future upgrades. Super D, and DH racing will hopefully be in my future also.
    That's IT? This is the review we've all been hitting the refresh button for?
    I'm calling your boss, you clearly need a few days off.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

  5. #5
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,480
    I really need to quit opening these Highline posts

    What was your total build weight?
    Nothing to see here.

  6. #6
    ~~~~~~~~
    Reputation: airwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,873
    Quote Originally Posted by rmac
    While some (those trying to work) may be grateful for your BLAND post, others of us have been waiting for a RIDE REPORT with cool pictures.

    Dang, how did you ever get past the Moderator police???

    yea, I'm trying to work , and do this post at the same time...

    Ride report.
    So far, one ride. Two miles and 1,000+ feet of steep techy uphill, two miles and 1,000+ feet of ballz out gnarled flowing DH, all time fastest run, a whole new level of speed and control. Continued down another 2,000+ feet of super steeps single track pitches laced with assorted hips, drops and jumps, all minor/not highline worthy proportions, (I'm injured, and I've been constantly reinjuring myself the past few weeks ).

    I love it. thats LOVE. It's perfect. I'm looking forward to my hitting my usual favorite launch trail but it's a quagmire.

    Photos haven't gone as hoped, there maybe a few good ones on film, so we're waiting for processing...

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AndyN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,111
    How much downtube/crown clearance do you have with the 36?

  8. #8
    Roy
    Roy is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,013
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    ...blah blah blah spec & nasalgic reflection deleted...
    At this point all I can say is it's perfect.
    Bigger rear shock, bigger forks, bigger launches, it's all in the plan for future upgrades. Super D, and DH racing will hopefully be in my future also.
    It looks like work wasn't the only productivity of Air's that has been negatively impacted once Air start obsessing on the HL. Egads man, stand up and give a proper accounting for yourself.

  9. #9
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,560
    Sooooooooo, Airwreck, does all that mean that it climbs as well or better than your RFX?

    How much air pressure do you have in the main chamber of the DHX-A?

    Thanks.
    Last edited by Renegade; 03-14-2006 at 01:15 PM.
    ****

  10. #10
    My cup runneth over
    Reputation: rmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    yea, I'm trying to work , and do this post at the same time...

    Ride report.
    Downside to being on the cutting edge of Homerdom is that you have to answer all kinds of techy questions and put up with all kinds of cr@p form the blunt edge...

  11. #11
    oly
    oly is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: oly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    851
    Nice build.

    I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on its pedaling performance. I was blown away by the feel of my HL on its first day. Watching others sprint my bike I really didnt see it moving much under padal load. I also felt the bike to be very livley yet balanced when I was jumping it.

    I need a couple more rides on mine before I can give a quality review, since im still dialing in the shock,. and just adjusting to the new bike... not to mention knocking the rust off my DH skills.

  12. #12
    Leash Law Enforcer
    Reputation: Pinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,100
    Looks hot. I would like to know the final weight on that build. If it pedals like Airwreck makes it sound it does then weight may be the only factor keeping the HL from being a sweet 8" all mountain/freeride machine. Of course, weight is relative. What is heavy for me is not necessarily heavy for others.

  13. #13
    ~~~~~~~~
    Reputation: airwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,873
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyN
    How much downtube/crown clearance do you have with the 36?
    for a headset I'm running the e-13 reducers with the FSA headset bearings.
    The super low stack height is a great smurf feature, really lets me tune the bar height.
    I'm leaning towards getting a 66sl, or I may wait it out for the totem, or try the 66 while I wait, anyone want to buy my van36?
    I think the head tube angle with the van36 is too steep for the super steeps.
    And, the van36 definatly felt overwhelmed by the speeds and hits that the highline is capable of.


  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    I really need to quit opening these Highline posts

    What was your total build weight?

    c'mon! just get one... we can start riding off of roofs to justify the extra suspension....

  15. #15
    No, that's not phonetic
    Reputation: tscheezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,363
    Beautiful welds.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

  16. #16
    ~~~~~~~~
    Reputation: airwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    So is a highlite a version of the highline with a dhx-a on it?
    Airwreck, hows does it pedal and climb compared to your RFX?
    Remember people, I am not using the stock shock i2i and stroke, yet.

    Pedals and climbs equally well (maybe better, but...), also remember, this is my first air shock, and my previous coil shock was questionable performance wise. That said, first impressions of the dhx-a is positive, but I'm a lite weight. I'll get to the shock setup details in a bit.

    build weight is 37lbs. I'll detail my spec soon, transfered most of my RFX parts over.

    like oly, quality ride review is a ways off, with the way I scrutinize my specs I had tons of confidence going into this that it would be as close to perfect as I could get.

    I got lots more to talk about...

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cave dweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    363
    How much travel does it have with the shorter eye to eye shock? I am assuming there is no frame/frame contact.

    Oly, how does it ride compared to a DHR?

  18. #18
    oly
    oly is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: oly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by cave dweller
    Oly, how does it ride compared to a DHR?
    Thats a pretty hard one to answer at this point. They are different styles of bike for sure, yet I didnt feel like I had jumped on a totally different ride. From the solid 2 days I do have on the bike, I can say for my ability and level of picky-ness the ride experience wasnt that different than my DHR, except that when it came to climb time, and any place I had to work the bike, it was easier on the HL... Now, my DHR had Doubletrack wheels and 2.7 DH tires, and the HL now smaller rims, 2.5 K tires and is overall lighter at the frame than the DHR. That alone will have a great impact on how a bike feels when pedaling or reacting in slow speed situations.

    I feel the suspension also rides firmer than the DHR did, but then I also recently have been wondering if my DHR last year wasnt undersprung for my weight?, its been since October since I was last on the big bike...but the last few trips to whistler, I felt that I was battling the bike when compressing on the face of jumps. I didnt experience this the day I rode a place with some jumps on the HL. When sprinting or pedaling hard the HL really doesnt move much, however when coasting down a rough fire road I could clearly see the link moving when looking down.

    Most all of our good DH in Washington is under lots of snow, or is just simply closed (illegal). Im really looking forward to April as a time when we can get out to the big riding, and to the shore to really get the bike into its element to get better feedback.

  19. #19
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,560
    Geez Oly; nice little love fest you started over at ridemonkey.
    " Its from MTBR, where people ride XC bikes like DH bikes, and DH bikes like XC bikes."
    http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=147445
    ****

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AndyN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,111
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    for a headset I'm running the e-13 reducers with the FSA headset bearings.
    The super low stack height is a great smurf feature, really lets me tune the bar height.
    I'm leaning towards getting a 66sl, or I may wait it out for the totem, or try the 66 while I wait, anyone want to buy my van36?
    I think the head tube angle with the van36 is too steep for the super steeps.
    And, the van36 definatly felt overwhelmed by the speeds and hits that the highline is capable of.
    Thanks.

    Sure is a pretty bike, congrats!

  21. #21
    Baked Alaskan
    Reputation: AK Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,812
    Dude, SWEET ride!!!!! That matte black is awesome. The first ninja highline.
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

  22. #22
    ~~~~~~~~
    Reputation: airwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,873
    Quote Originally Posted by cave dweller
    How much travel does it have with the shorter eye to eye shock? I am assuming there is no frame/frame contact.

    Oly, how does it ride compared to a DHR?
    I think the travel is 7" with the 8.5 x 2.5, sorry i'm starting to get cornfused.

    Clearance is more than adequate, no worries about anything hitting at all. I cycled the shock with no air first thing.

    DHX-A settings. I live at sea level but often ride at 7,000 feet. Sundays ride I ran 170ish, this was checked at 7,000 ft. Last night I checked it in the garage at sea level and it was 140. Boost chamber when I checked last night was 70, I had set it at the minimum on Saturday, 75psi, and that's the only times I've checked it. All those knobs are at the half way point. I played with the PP knob during the ride and ran my entire DH at mid point. I'm pushing the o-ring to the end of the shaft, and off on a couple drops. I'm very pleased so far and looking forward to all the tuning possibilities. I will get a coil 8.5 x 2.5 also.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cave dweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    363
    Thats oly and airwreck.

    Airwreck, how much clearance was there at maximum compression? I was thinking if i ever got a highline i would put on a 2.5 inch avy with the shortest eye to eye possible to slacken and lower it (you can do that with an avy, a 0.125 inch eye reduction equates to aprox 0.4inch bb drop), along with a 7inch DC, something like a 170mm 888 RC2X.

    Would make it a nice, low, resonably slack DH bike. Most of the time i think 8.5 inches of travel is too much for a DH bike, 7.5 is probably more then enough in the rear and improves pedalling, lowers bottom bracket etc.

  24. #24
    ~~~~~~~~
    Reputation: airwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,873
    sweet cable routing through the shock mount, but with the small frame and air shock it is too tight to fit everything through there. Coil should be fine, and dhx air on the m and l's should be fine also.

    It must be a pain in the but to fit all the parts inside of a small frame on big travel bikes.
    Good work DT and crew making it work.



    I've set the front deraileur as high as possible, getting some chain rub when in small front and about half way down in the rear cluster, don't know if you'll be able to see in the photo but the cage did hit the rear deraileur cable housing once on bottom out and nicked the housing. Being in the middle ring should take care of that.


  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AndyN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,111
    [QUOTE=airwreck]I think the travel is 7" with the 8.5 x 2.5, sorry i'm starting to get cornfused.[QUOTE]


    You should have 7.27" of rear wheel travel with an 8.5" i2i / 2.5"stroke shock.

  26. #26
    ~~~~~~~~
    Reputation: airwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,873
    Quote Originally Posted by cave dweller
    Thats oly and airwreck.

    Airwreck, how much clearance was there at maximum compression? I was thinking if i ever got a highline i would put on a 2.5 inch avy with the shortest eye to eye possible to slacken and lower it (you can do that with an avy, a 0.125 inch eye reduction equates to aprox 0.4inch bb drop), along with a 7inch DC, something like a 170mm 888 RC2X.

    Would make it a nice, low, resonably slack DH bike. Most of the time i think 8.5 inches of travel is too much for a DH bike, 7.5 is probably more then enough in the rear and improves pedalling, lowers bottom bracket etc.
    Lots of clearance, I can take some photos and measurments for you.

    IMO smurfs will probably be faster with a lower BB/COG, versus more travel, so I'm thinking along with you there. I'm looking forward to all the tweaks I can do with a couple different rear shocks and a fork like the 40 with adjustable travel.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cave dweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    Lots of clearance, I can take some photos and measurments for you.
    If you feel so inclined that would be much appreciated No rush though, not looking at getting one for a few months yet.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,571

    cable guide

    It looks like you missed the cable guide that is on top of the chainstay about 1.5" behind the bolt. If the cable stays on top of the chainstay it will not be hit by the deraileur cage. Of course we may have missed the cable stop, if that is the case contact Greg!!
    You should not have to run the deraileur higher than a triple, unless the DRS demands it but I cannot imagine why that would be.

    DT

  29. #29
    No, that's not phonetic
    Reputation: tscheezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,363
    His bike has the guide in question unless the lagomorph chewed it off.



    Keep the info rolling, Eric. We're rapt.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

  30. #30
    Team Sanchez
    Reputation: El Chingon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,364
    [QUOTE=AndyN][QUOTE=airwreck]I think the travel is 7" with the 8.5 x 2.5, sorry i'm starting to get cornfused.


    You should have 7.27" of rear wheel travel with an 8.5" i2i / 2.5"stroke shock.
    That puts the leverage ratio at 2.9 to one. I'd think that with the DHXair, you'd blow thru the travel pretty quickly if you weighed over 180. Beautiful looking bike airwreck! Did she huck on the first date? If so, pics? Video?

  31. #31
    Now with flavor!!
    Reputation: kidwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,459
    Thanks for the numbers.

    Did you have the same bigass panaracers on your RFX when you measured your BB height? The fact that you said it was lower than you HL config got me wondering.


    Also......talking about switching forks to get rid of the steep. What spring are you using in your 36? Mine started diving like a beyotch after the spring got broken in and I fixed it with one of the heavier ones that came with the fork. Something to keep in mind too, the 66 forks are only 10mm higher unsagged, you'd actually get this (or more) by ditching the e.13 cups on the bottom of your headtube and putting in one of the cane creek or FSA non flush reducing headsets. I'm also curious about what you mean when you said your fork couldn't "keep up". Once mine got broken in and I got the settings dialed, it's been as solid as my 888 on my dh bike....albeit less travel and the associated differences in that respect.

    Thanks for the post. I want to ride that thing.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

  32. #32
    ~~~~~~~~
    Reputation: airwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,873
    okay gonz, we're tired of waiting for you...

    Quote Originally Posted by gonzostrike
    I don't get it. Does the thought of "the lightest Highline around" give you a woody?

    Why would you want to make a 37-lb 7"/7" bike? Seems to me there's no point in 7" of travel if your goal is lightness... and please, don't bring the 66SL into this... I don't wanna piss Renegade off!

    What conditions warrant 7" travel at an uberlight weight? What 7" travel bike at 37lbs will hold up to repeated banging using the full 7" of travel?

    Nerds, pocket protector geeks, weight weenies, etc. rejoice. Your new hero is airwreck. He's making a useless Highline out of a perfectly decent Highline frame. Congrats airwreck for defying logic and sense.

  33. #33
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,560
    "and please, don't bring the 66SL into this... I don't wanna piss Renegade off!"

    He he he, nope, I'm all worn out after my experience with the neanderthals over at the other website. Funny how some of them post here in the turner forum, are all buddy-buddy with you here, then over there they tear you up and talk smack about a guy. Must be a peer pressure thing. Funny having a fifteen year old kid telling a 49 year old man to grow up. Ahhhhh, the internet.
    BTW, nice bike Airwreck.
    ****

  34. #34
    My cup runneth over
    Reputation: rmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Ahhhhh, the internet.
    You set yourself up!!! Your point of disrespect may be valid but there were too many counter points to shoot it down. Stand-up guys take the first shots.

  35. #35
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,560
    Quote Originally Posted by rmac
    You set yourself up!!! .
    I was in the mood to pick a fight I guess. I have to get out occasionally and stretch my legs. You old farts here in the turner forum are just a bunch of pu$$ies.
    ****

  36. #36
    My cup runneth over
    Reputation: rmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    I was in the mood to pick a fight I guess. I have to get out occasionally and stretch my legs. You old farts here in the turner forum are just a bunch of pu$$ies.
    It's only OK if you don't have to crawl away beaten and bruised with tail between legs...

  37. #37
    oly
    oly is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: oly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Geez Oly; nice little love fest you started over at ridemonkey.
    " Its from MTBR, where people ride XC bikes like DH bikes, and DH bikes like XC bikes."
    http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=147445
    Ah... so I touched a sensitive nerve there???

    Either way that thread is 4 pages long so again any publicity on the highline is good right?

  38. #38
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,560
    Quote Originally Posted by oly
    Ah... so I touched a sensitive nerve there???

    Either way that thread is 4 pages long so again any publicity on the highline is good right?
    No, not really for me. I justify my choice of bike by saying I only have one bike, so essentially, both statements are true, and false, for me. I posted that line because I interpret your actions as being two-faced, but mabey that's just me.
    ****

  39. #39
    oly
    oly is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: oly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    sweet cable routing through the shock mount, but with the small frame and air shock it is too tight to fit everything through there. Coil should be fine, and dhx air on the m and l's should be fine also.

    It must be a pain in the but to fit all the parts inside of a small frame on big travel bikes.
    Good work DT and crew making it work.

    With the DHX-C and the Medium frame all my cables were able to run through the shock mount.


  40. #40
    Hisforever
    Reputation: SHAHEEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,642
    At this point all I can say is it's perfect."
    Bigger rear shock, bigger forks, bigger launches, it's all in the plan for future upgrades. Super D, and DH racing will hopefully be in my future also."

    Thats a great report card Eric, sweet write up! It sounds and looks like you are going bigger. I think its time to put the smurfs to work-building!

  41. #41
    ~~~~~~~~
    Reputation: airwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,873
    where was I?
    still waiting for someone to recognize the origins of my gonzo qoute...

    Thanks DT, you are correct, I missed that zip tie, that explains it.
    Still got to get my guide set up, and new rear brake hose, and...

    El Chingon, huck yes, video and photos, of me? yawn. got some of shaheeb on his mal, don't ask about his video though, all time, oops, .

    woo, I've got some thoughts and ideas about forks and headsets. further analysis is coming.

    How come Oly can generate so much excitement but my thread is so benign?

    As always more to come, just need to work through some time management issues first...

  42. #42
    Now with flavor!!
    Reputation: kidwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,459
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    Thanks for the numbers.

    Did you have the same bigass panaracers on your RFX when you measured your BB height? The fact that you said it was lower than you HL config got me wondering.


    Also......talking about switching forks to get rid of the steep. What spring are you using in your 36? Mine started diving like a beyotch after the spring got broken in and I fixed it with one of the heavier ones that came with the fork. Something to keep in mind too, the 66 forks are only 10mm higher unsagged, you'd actually get this (or more) by ditching the e.13 cups on the bottom of your headtube and putting in one of the cane creek or FSA non flush reducing headsets. I'm also curious about what you mean when you said your fork couldn't "keep up". Once mine got broken in and I got the settings dialed, it's been as solid as my 888 on my dh bike....albeit less travel and the associated differences in that respect.

    Thanks for the post. I want to ride that thing.
    All very good questions kidwoo.

    I'm sure airwreck would be happy to answer them.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

  43. #43
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,560
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    where was I?
    still waiting for someone to recognize the origins of my gonzo qoute...
    Airwreck, is that all from one post, or from multiple posts? I don't recognize it, even with the reference to me, the instigator.
    ****

  44. #44
    Now with flavor!!
    Reputation: kidwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Airwreck, is that all from one post, or from multiple posts? I don't recognize it, even with the reference to me, the instigator.
    I want to know where it's from.........

    So I can dig up the thread and insult him.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

  45. #45
    ~~~~~~~~
    Reputation: airwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Airwreck, is that all from one post, or from multiple posts? I don't recognize it, even with the reference to me, the instigator.
    some clues, I did some creative editing, 5's to 7's is one of them...
    replace pete with rene is another.

    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    All very good questions kidwoo.

    I'm sure airwreck would be happy to answer them.
    must focus on work ...

  46. #46
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,560
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    replace pete with rene is another.



    ...
    Wow, I must have missed that thread! I don't know whether I should be honored or insulted. Was that in the turner forum? My curiousity is piqued!
    ****

  47. #47
    ~~~~~~~~
    Reputation: airwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,873
    pew, my clown crap stinks .
    sigh, I was really hoping I'd finally get to use this...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  48. #48
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,560
    Airwreck you certainly did exercise some editing skills. No wonder no one recognized the Gonzo quote. Here's the original:

    I don't get it. Does the thought of "the lightest 5-Spot around" give you a woody?

    Why would you want to make a 25-lb 5"/5" bike? Seems to me there's no point in 5" of travel if your goal is lightness... and please, don't bring the Maverick into this... I don't wanna piss Pete off!

    What conditions warrant 5" travel at an uberlight weight? What 5" travel bike at 25lbs will hold up to repeated banging using the full 5" of travel?

    Nerds, pocket protector geeks, weight weenies, etc. rejoice. Your new hero is Davide. He's making a useless 5-Spot out of a perfectly decent 5-Spot frame. Congrats Davide for defying logic and sense.
    ****

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drumstix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,288
    I really like what you have done to the new ride wreck, I had a very simular bike last summer with a Uzzi VPX and a single crown fork. Very fun to ride if a few extra pounds dont mean anything. Im guessing you can even make it lighter if you want to spend more money. Ive thought hard about doing the exact thing with a Highline for my ski-lift bike, but I just cant get that new Knolly out of my mind.
    Yamaha & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion

  50. #50
    Now with flavor!!
    Reputation: kidwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,459
    .....................
    Last edited by kidwoo; 03-16-2006 at 09:13 AM.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •